THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonathan Paul Manziel

Adoug319

Tour-I seem to recall Colt McCoy, the current starter in Wash. was once a Brown. I thought he had good long term potential but needed the kind of guidance that JM is now getting under Pettine. I thought he came in too early and left too soon with the Browns. As he has gotten older he has developed a stronger passing arm and is maturing as a QB who is reading defenses better now. Am I wrong?

PS- and starting Weeden as a rookie over McCoy was the kiss of death for Weeden, so now he is elsewhere as a backup. I was mostly thinking about the most recent 2 cases when I made that statement.

I was with you on Colt until the bitter end. As a rook he was pressed into service after our 1 and 2 QBs (Delhomme and Wallace) went down with high ankle sprains. He then played relatively well through 2011 before Harrison laid him out.

2012 brought Wheezy (drafted in a FO panic move... close on the heels of the earlier, trade-up-for-TR, panic move) and a sham competition to start in Shurmur's vertical scheme. In Colt's last appearance for us, he was over-throwing the ball and produced more worm-burners than completions. May have been his futile attempt to overcome his "noodle-arm" moniker, which IMO was always hyperbolic, and earn the regain job.

Speculation on my part, but I think we now see that Colt's arm was never right when he was with us. It was still healing from the Bowl game, nerve damage injury. His arm showed signs of being more "live" last year in SF; it shows more signs now.

Bottom line... Colt was given a last chance... and did not look the part.

While I agree a rookie can be ruined by starting too early, IMO, Wheezy never had "it". And you can't ruin what was never there. You can't give up prematurely on what is never there.

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I doubt he reads the board, why are you wishing him a Happy Birthday? Just because we needed another QB thread? Oh, Walter.

Let's see 22 years old, that was 1988 for this Johnny M. I was partying my ass off, traveling all over the country and nailing everything that moved. So we got that in common.

Zombo

--But I wasn't second string.

I doubt he reads the board, why are you wishing him a Happy Birthday? Just because we needed another QB thread? Oh, Walter.

Let's see 22 years old, that was 1988 for this Johnny M. I was partying my ass off, traveling all over the country and nailing everything that moved. So we got that in common.

Zombo

1988. 1992. Either way lol

1988. 1992. Either way lol

I see the confusion ... My name is Johnny M., and I was 22 in 1986. So I meant '86, not '88. Johnny born '92 ... I wonder if I knew his Mom, traveled to Texas quite a bit.

Zombo

I see the confusion ... My name is Johnny M., and I was 22 in 1986. So I meant '86, not '88. Johnny born '92 ... I wonder if I knew his Mom, traveled to Texas quite a bit.

Zombo

Probably not. He seems to have some athleitic ability. ;)

Zombo

4 years older than you then....

blistered the sun with the skins of ass i threw away back then. but did do my own travels through the southwest on the way to AZ.

if manziel was a blond haired blue eyed uber kind then i might have something to talk to him about.

4 years older than you then....

blistered the sun with the skins of ass i threw away back then. but did do my own travels through the southwest on the way to AZ.

if manziel was a blond haired blue eyed uber kind then i might have something to talk to him about.

Lol. Well Johnny and I are the same size, same dark hair, big schnoz, ugly mug ... but Peen has me on the athletic ability thing ...although I did have quick wrist action in Air Hockey.

Z

Rumor has it that when the doctor tried to slap JF on the ass right after birth..

Thought you were going to go with:

"... but Johnny faked left, went right and the Doc never laid a glove on him."

Dallas writer travels to Kerrville, TX and finds:

In the town where he learned to play football, Johnny Manziel is just as polarizing as he is everywhere else.

http://www.slate.com/articles/sports/sports_nut/2014/12/johnny_manziel_kerrville_even_in_the_town_where_he_learned_to_play_the_game.html

Will do... as soon as I develop an anti-JM agenda.

Just thought it was an interesting article about how universal the divide over JF is.

“He wasn’t a local”

That plus a family with money coming in (read jealousy) is as far as you need to read. Small Tx town set in it's ways and generally unaccepting of "outsiders". Same person's quote about if he'd been born there it might be different. Texas has a lot of towns like this so no surprises here.

Wow, he really did say that! Hoyer doesn't look fired up he looks like the journeyman quarterback we all thought he was. You would think by now even the defense would be shouting Manziel. They could have beat Baltimore, Texas, Buffalo and the Colts the way the defense played.

Hoyer had to remind us at his press conference last week that he was the reason the Browns are 7-5. It's time to remind Hoyer that he is the reason we could be 10-3.

Brash confidence. Like Clark Gable, I think.

Those misses were brutal. If I was Johnny, Id say the same thing. Hell, Im an old man and I woulda hit em....they were wide open for christs sake....

Too bad we dont have a receiver named Broad Sideof Barn

Archived