THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonathan Paul Manziel

Adoug319

Hoorta, I'll tell you what I glean from haden's statement. First, you have no clue what you're talking about when you spout stupid shit like the following:

" True- I didn't want Manziel- because he'd be a distraction, among other things. Guess what? He's a distraction. FYI- there's a shit ton of people that don't like Manziel for the same reason I don't particularly care for him- as a person. Not the kind of guy I'd want to hang out with. There's a difference between liking a football player, and liking the person. Isn't about my personal opinion anymore- I can't kick Manziel off the team- and I have to hope he does well.

This had zero, zilch, nada to do with the fake JFF ID. I could care less about it. I do care about his conduct after he got drafted by the Browns however. F**cking liar. I'm all into football. sure. However, I (and some others) still think he's still got some growing up to do. Maybe he'd actually be starting if he had been in Berea working out instead of hanging out with Bieb-er."

I choose to believe Haden and Pettine, who actually spend time with Johnny. They seem to like him AND think he's pretty good.

Great- I'll own it- I'm just a dumbass. Like I just posted, Joe Thomas is apparently behind Johnny too. Has nothing to do if Manziel is a good football player or not. If you condone his off field antics, fine- I don't have to. It's a f**king free country. Ray Lewis is going to be in the HOF- that doesn't mean I have to like him. Michael Vick will have a better career than Brian Hoyer- that doesn't mean I have to like him either. Josh Gordon is an immensely talented football player who happens to play for the Browns and isn't too smart about who he hangs out with, or what chemicals he chooses to ingest. He also set a couple of NFL records, haven't seen JFF do that yet. So tolerance for off field indiscretions is directly proportional to on field performance. I haven't forgotten Ravens fans showing up at games wearing Ray Rice jerseys this year. You bozos are apparently having comprehension problems with the difference between respect as a football player, and respect as a person. They're not mutually inclusive FYI.

Just wait though- the fickle fans of Cleveland will be more than happy to ride Manziel out of town on a rail should he play poorly- as fast as the Manzealots did to Hoyer. So if Johnny follows the career path of Joe Namath or Ken Stabler- it's going to be all well and good in Cleveland. Anything short of that- he's never going to win over a section of the fanbase. Take it to the bank.

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great- I'll own it- I'm just a dumbass. Like I just posted, Joe Thomas is apparently behind Johnny too. Has nothing to do if Manziel is a good football player or not. If you condone his off field antics, fine- I don't have to. It's a f**king free country. Ray Lewis is going to be in the HOF- that doesn't mean I have to like him. Michael Vick will have a better career than Brian Hoyer- that doesn't mean I have to like him either. Josh Gordon is an immensely talented football player who happens to play for the Browns and isn't too smart about who he hangs out with, or what chemicals he chooses to ingest. He also set a couple of NFL records, haven't seen JFF do that yet. So tolerance for off field indiscretions is directly proportional to on field performance. I haven't forgotten Ravens fans showing up at games wearing Ray Rice jerseys this year. You bozos are apparently having comprehension problems with the difference between respect as a football player, and respect as a person. They're not mutually inclusive FYI.

Just wait though- the fickle fans of Cleveland will be more than happy to ride Manziel out of town on a rail should he play poorly- as fast as the Manzealots did to Hoyer. So if Johnny follows the career path of Joe Namath or Ken Stabler- it's going to be all well and good in Cleveland. Anything short of that- he's never going to win over a section of the fanbase. Take it to the bank.

I know a secret.. well not really a secret..

But on both boards Ive done a bit of research. I found something.

There is 1 consistent thing that seems to irk fans that hate Johnny more than anything. Something Johnny cannot control.

I have a STRONG belief.. that a Majority of people hate Manziel not because of his off field antics..

Not because of his scrambling ability (because those same people are on Mariotas nutsack)..

Not because of the money sign...

Not because of the rambunctious style in which he plays..

But it is SURPRISINGLY due to one small thing..

His size.

Most of the Johnny haters cannot STAND the fact that his is 5'11 and 2 quarters. They dont think it should be possible. They want a big burly man... because surely that the only type of QB that can lead us to the promised land.

Dont believe me? Do a little research yourself.. there is nothing that irks Johnny haters more than his height

Why? I dont know why it irks them.. when we bring up Wilson and Brees they act like our points were/are never posted.. or they treat them as paradoxes.. unable to be replicated.

Ive even gotten a few of them to admit it...

some of them have even said "If Johnny were 4 inches taller I could see it"

Its really interesting.. its like some sort of reverse over-compensation.

wrong. most people that don't like manziel, don't like him for what he brings to the table besides his athletic skills. it's the media circus, the flinging his nose at authority and the feeble minded idiots he has in legions of fans.

wrong. most people that don't like manziel, don't like him for what he brings to the table besides his athletic skills. it's the media circus, the flinging his nose at authority and the feeble minded idiots he has in legions of fans.

So basically they hate America.

lp1472-johnny-cash-san-quentin-poster.jp

1040342-stonecoldfinger.jpgthumb.jpg

Let's be a little more honest here.

They hate Manziel for very personal reasons. Maybe they're racist, and they don't like a white QB acting black. Maybe the rich QB they knew in HS smashed their crush.

Whatever it is, it is personal with these types.

How else do you explain someone actually citing a fake id possession charge? ooooo, got him there!

they're irrational and feelings based like Manziel wore the dress they wanted to wear.

whats so bad about what johnny does off the field. certainly no worse than what josh gordan has done, and u guys are all over his nutsacks.

Good point. From what I can see JM has been nothing but a good teammate so far.

I've been a Hoyer supporter since last season when he came in for Weeden and we looked like a different team. I wanted him to succeed, and justified his bad play with "well, every qb has a bad game". Now that it has become a pattern, I have no problem with Manziel at qb. In fact, I called it. I texted my nephew at 3:30 yesterday, when Hoyer threw his 2nd interception....that it might be Johnny Football time. I'm not thrilled about Hoyer not transforming into a quality qb, and I'm just as hopeful that JF will become the guy. This teams needs a stable, consistent qb....but we also need a lot more. Our special teams, offensive line, and run defense all suck. Period. It's a miracle to be sitting at 7 and 5 at this point. A little off the subject... whoever referred to Andy Dalton as Howdy Doody....I thought that name was reserved for Weeden. Check out Scott Farkas....the bully in "A Christmas Story". That's definitely Dalton.

I have no idea what the Las Vegas odds are and wouldn't bet my life but...

If I was a betting man I would put my money on Brian Hoyer starting next week.

(I'm not putting a value judgement on that prediction just guessing that's the kind of decision Mike Pettine will make)

WSS

I'd bet my life earnings, my house (my parents house :P), my family, and everything I own that manziel starts next week

My dad is like some of you guys here, he all but said he wants to see Manziel fail to prove he was right about not drafting him. REALLY? The Browns are in a playoff race for the first time in a long time and people want to see a dude fail? Good grief.

Pride > everything if you're a real man. I'm proud of your dad on his pride and on his opinion of manziel. He's got my approval

Best case scenario is that Manziel starts and does enough to get us a wild card spot

Fans/Media/Team will buy in and the Browns can let Hoyer go to a team that he'll get another shot at starting.

We have seen QB's repeatedly get their confidence messed with (because of a potential qv change) and then flame out (Couch, Anderson, Quinn, Weeden, and even Boyer who looks like he's been pressing more and more as of late)

The switch needs to be permanent and with the Browns in position to go 2-1 heading into what may be play-in game week 17, we need the whole team and game plan on point to hopefully start a successful career for Manziel.

Confidence and support from Coaching Staff, Front Office, and sadly also the fans/media becomes everything with QB's

Here's to hoping Manziel leads the Browns into the Playoffs because that scenario is the best case for now and the future

Taking back my Page 1 opinion that Johnny should start..

That was my excited visceral reaction to a really exciting end to a REALLY FUCKING BORING and bad game, not just by Hoyer, but the majority of our team. Gordon was out of sync all game, West ran like the rookie he is, and was not helped(nor was Crowell) by a predictable and horrible play calling by our Offensive Coordinators.

Manziel gave us a taste of what CAN BE.. But this must be tempered by the fact that the 80 yard TD drive was during JUNK TIME by the Bills Defense.. I am sure the Buffalo front 4 was just salivating at the possibility of sacking Johnny Fucking Football and getting that distinction in the highlights, but the reality is that they were in prevent defense and were only rushing 4...

This is a very small and very incomplete sample from which to decide whether we hitch our wagon to a rookie, with the first playoff possibility in nearly 8 years on the line...

Hoyer is the right decision and must be given the green light against the Colts at home... Hoyer has proven he OWNS the Bengals, both at home and now at Paul Brown stadium. Hoyer has a great home field advantage and the next two games are home games.

Pettine will choose Hoyer.. I think Hoyer realizes that this is it, he is on a short leash and he won't make it to the half if he throws another pair of interceptions without any TD's.. It isn't acceptable to this coach.. But Hoyer deserves the chance to bounce back from this embarrassing loss as he has laid everything on the line for this team and this city and fans.

Don't get me wrong, I am stoked to see Manziel get out there, but I am even more stoked to see the Browns make the playoffs THIS YEAR!!!! Who would have thought it possible just 3 or 4 months ago....

Things are looking up in Cleveland.. I think we have a future star in Johnny Manziel and I am so excited to see him play.. But now is not the time.

BobPound!

My dad is like some of you guys here, he all but said he wants to see Manziel fail to prove he was right about not drafting him. REALLY? The Browns are in a playoff race for the first time in a long time and people want to see a dude fail? Good grief.

Hey, he's YOUR dad! Sounds like a personal problem. :blink:

Now everyone acted like Hoyer is good, i said start manziel from the get go could've been 8-4 or 9-3 with manziel, now we are stuck battling. If pettine doesnt start johnny we don't make the playoffs. Mark my words we are making the playoffs if manziel plays it out

Manziel was in for one drive. You know that right? I want Manziel to succeed because I want the Browns to succeed. However, I don't sit here and worship at a shrine to the guy until he can prove he is starting quality in the next few games. If he crashes and burns, I want you Manzealots to acknowledge his failure.

Holy eff this thread is impossible to read through.

I'll take some Manziel crackers if it means the Browns win more games. I'm excited to see Johnny play, but only because we are still in contention for playoffs and to see if he can pull us through our current mini-slump.

However Pettine stated he will see how this week's practice goes and will announce his starter on Wednesday. Either way, Colts are going to be pressed to include studying Manziel this week.

Whoever is under center better be damned ready because they are going to have to put points on the board to keep up with Luck. But Crowell and West will also be heavily relied on to go through Indy's mediocre rush D.

Win Browns goddammit, WIN.

Manziel was in for one drive. You know that right? I want Manziel to succeed because I want the Browns to succeed. However, I don't sit here and worship at a shrine to the guy until he can prove he is starting quality in the next few games. If he crashes and burns, I want you Manzealots to acknowledge his failure.

One scoring drive* He was in for the fumbling drive (turnover on downs) and maybe they had another one where they ran the clock out didn't get to see it.

I don't care who starts, as long as we finish 15-5!

There isn't a true Browns fan here that doesn't want Manziel to succeed if he's the starter no matter what they think of him personally. Just like there isn't a true Browns fan who wanted Hoyer to play shitty so that Manziel could play. I don't give a damn who plays QB...I just want to see the team win games. So far this year, Hoyer has done that. It hasn't always been pretty but he's winning. The last two weeks were pretty dismal and although the playoffs are not out of reach yet, it might be time to make the switch. If Hoyer starts Sunday, that leash is going to be pretty damn short because the game is at home and the fans will turn on Hoyer quickly after getting a small taste of Manziel.

I'm betting it's Manziel this week. It's a good match up for him since Indy's defense isn't all that great and we should be able to run the ball on them.

You have to start Manziel fro a number of reasons already listed in previous posts.

But you have to be prepared for him to be average at best. He is going to make a ton

of mistakes. He is a rookie and no rookie steps right in and looks like Brady. All the

other rookie QBs drafted this year are having average years at best. There are growing

pains coming. Johnny is no Marino or Luck who are exceptions to the rookie rule. Lets

have the growing pains this year and find out somewhat if this kid can play. As

evidenced Hoyer is a backup QB not a starter.

Taking back my Page 1 opinion that Johnny should start..

That was my excited visceral reaction to a really exciting end to a REALLY FUCKING BORING and bad game, not just by Hoyer, but the majority of our team. Gordon was out of sync all game, West ran like the rookie he is, and was not helped(nor was Crowell) by a predictable and horrible play calling by our Offensive Coordinators.

Manziel gave us a taste of what CAN BE.. But this must be tempered by the fact that the 80 yard TD drive was during JUNK TIME by the Bills Defense.. I am sure the Buffalo front 4 was just salivating at the possibility of sacking Johnny Fucking Football and getting that distinction in the highlights, but the reality is that they were in prevent defense and were only rushing 4...

This is a very small and very incomplete sample from which to decide whether we hitch our wagon to a rookie, with the first playoff possibility in nearly 8 years on the line...

Hoyer is the right decision and must be given the green light against the Colts at home... Hoyer has proven he OWNS the Bengals, both at home and now at Paul Brown stadium. Hoyer has a great home field advantage and the next two games are home games.

Pettine will choose Hoyer.. I think Hoyer realizes that this is it, he is on a short leash and he won't make it to the half if he throws another pair of interceptions without any TD's.. It isn't acceptable to this coach.. But Hoyer deserves the chance to bounce back from this embarrassing loss as he has laid everything on the line for this team and this city and fans.

Don't get me wrong, I am stoked to see Manziel get out there, but I am even more stoked to see the Browns make the playoffs THIS YEAR!!!! Who would have thought it possible just 3 or 4 months ago....

Things are looking up in Cleveland.. I think we have a future star in Johnny Manziel and I am so excited to see him play.. But now is not the time.

BobPound!

i hear you, but hoyer has been given plenty of opportunity to excel and has failed to do so.....the fact is he has played poorly multiple weeks in a row.....there is no rational basis to think he's going to turn that around....yeah, in your dreams, he might, but in reality, no.....i'm not sure manziel will win the next 4 games, but i think he has a better chance than hoyer.....manziel knows how to win, he's won at every level so far.....so i say give him a chance to show what he can do.....his arm, based on those throws in the last game, is better than hoyer's, and we know he can run.....the question is whether he's got the maturity now to read defenses and make plays.....i say, let's find out...we gave hoyer all the chances in the world and he proved he couldn't cut it....and remember, as clint said, "deserves got nothing to do with it...."

Pettine is a stand up, no nonsense coach, who said he had to look at the tape before he commented on QB. My point being if it's Johnny on Sunday, then we'll all know that he believes that Hoyer's play as of late is mostly all on Brian. However, if it's still Brian on Sunday, that will speak volumes of what Pettine thinks about things like Gordon's route running yesterday.

Either way, we made the playoffs already........... They just start for us on Sunday - Win the remaining 4, and we're in (probably). B)

Archived