THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonathan Paul Manziel

Adoug319

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lane Adkins of the OBR is reporting sources have told him Browns have been discussing a QB change since week 8 :huh:

I think we know that cements Johnny as the starter.

Lol. The source magically appears now that Johnny took snaps. That's fucking genius.

Hey, my source told me that the Browns were considering passing Manziel in the draft and moving up later to get him. I just didn't want to release that info until now. Gotta protect my sources.

Lol. The source magically appears now that Johnny took snaps. That's fucking genius.

Hey, my source told me that the Browns were considering passing Manziel in the draft and moving up later to get him. I just didn't want to release that info until now. Gotta protect my sources.

You don't have to be a jackass to me, I simply reporting what a well respected Browns media guy said.

Lane is a pretty good dude and doesn't spread false information.

I'm behind him, but that was weird how he just laid there, and the internet memes are pretty funny. However overall I think he did very well. That td drive was way more important than 1 fluke play.

The memes are fucking hilarious, Johnny is going to get fucked with big time by opposing players and fans.

However, if he wins I could give a shit less.

Lane Adkins of the OBR is reporting sources have told him Browns have been discussing a QB change since week 8 :huh:

I think we know that cements Johnny as the starter.

I think they have been reviewing QB depth placement every week since TC... and my source is Mike Pettine.

I think we know that means they are doing their job.

Well he's more productive and he's now our starter so you should probably get behind him.

Say what? The Manzealots were blasting Hoyer with 16" battleship artillery for months, and I can't make a legit comment how Manziel quit on that play?

FWIW, should Manziel start against the Colts- and I think he will- he's got 100% of my support- but just don't expect he's going to be above criticism. .So a word of caution- don't try playing the "he's only a rookie card".

That's just an insane sentiment. We can't afford to part ways with another coaching staff for at least 4 or 5 years. Any earlier and we will never again get any kind of upper talent to come here and coach us. "Ever".

I agree. Pettine is a good coach, and is better then everything that has been here since 1999, except Butch. But Butch need to much control........EGO.

I don't see ego getting in Pettine's way. He's a coaches son. He knows EGO won't work

Say what? The Manzealots were blasting Hoyer with 16" battleship artillery for months, and I can't make a legit comment how Manziel quit on that play?

FWIW, should Manziel start against the Colts- and I think he will- he's got 100% of my support- but just don't expect he's going to be above criticism. .So a word of caution- don't try playing the "he's only a rookie card".

when he throws a pass into double/triple coverage like Hoyer did today, I will blast him. Just like I blasted Hoyer.

Throw the ball to the RIGHT guy and EVERYTHING will be fine. Rookie has nothing to do with it.

Well (JM)'s more productive and he's now our starter so you should probably get behind him.

An premature order to get in line from the single biggest basher of individual Browns players on the site.

Can't make shit like this up.

This just has to be preserved...

3rd and 1 and you have Jamaal Charles, and you let Alex Smith try to throw it????????????

NFL playcallers are IDIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actual Quote: "He's been ready to play all year," Pettine told me flatly. "He's prepared like a starter all year, and he certainly showed today he was ready when he came in."

Also in this post-game Pettine said:

- had to look at the tape;

- had to be careful drawing too much from one late drive against a "softened defense."

So there's that...

"He's been ready to play all year," Pettine told me flatly. "He's prepared like a starter all year, and he certainly showed today he was ready when he came in."

If he starts, and goes 0-4 the Browns finish 7-9. Better then most people here thought. And we will see what he is

We know what Hoyer is

There is a fucking elephant in the room in this thread and I'm just going to call it out...

Why do so many of you hate Manziel?

He's cocky as shit and doesn't conform to the rules set forward by deacons and elders. I think that's it.

The amount of Manziel haters within our own fan base is just disgusting and embarrassing.

I could give a fuck about his "behavior" after watching Weeden, McCoy, and Quinn who were boy scouts.

Give me some fucking edge and attitude.

Fuck the nice hero, I like the villain on our team.

Not only does he start the game. He's gonna start our march to the SUPER BOWL BABY!!!

Calm down, one nice series does not a Super Bowl run make. :) Sometime? I hope so.

If he starts, and goes 0-4 the Browns finish 7-9. Better then most people here thought. And we will see what he is

We know what Hoyer is

7-9 is about what most thought. A few pundits had them at 4-12 or worse. I was hoping 8-8, and by all rights we should beat the Panthers. The F**king Bengals had to pull (what I thought) a shady maneuver to get the Bucs called for too many men on the field- after the play was run. Tampa would have won the game otherwise. Crap, Steelers and Ravens lost. It ain't over until it's over.

There is a fucking elephant in the room in this thread and I'm just going to call it out...

Why do so many of you hate Manziel?

He's cocky as shit and doesn't conform to the rules set forward by deacons and elders. I think that's it.

The amount of Manziel haters within our own fan base is just disgusting and embarrassing.

I could give a fuck about his "behavior" after watching Weeden, McCoy, and Quinn who were boy scouts.

Give me some fucking edge and attitude.

Fuck the nice hero, I like the villain on our team.

I don't know what you're talking about.

It seems like the general consensus is Manziel should start next week. Except for the one guy with the username "ManzielSucks"

walter walter walter...when are you ever going to understand how to take control of a room? you might have all the facts behind you but sometimes the sell in your pitch doesn't work because of your aggressive stance (which from week to week might change).

dude, you know i love you, i'm just speaking from experience here having 30+ in the ad game. you can't cram your personal feelings down the throats of those that don't want to hear it. you sell your approach with the pitch that it will make everything better at the same time ease the pain of all the intangibles.

you should wait 20 minutes after having your orgasm to post cuz i think your screen is filthy and you can't read what you type half the time. if you were to research the thread before posting and then be as smart as i know you are you'd come off a little closer to sane.

Yes, Manziel must start. It's been too long since Hoyer has passed for a touchdown. Johnny is versatile to say the least and a winner. Look at the bright side, The Colts won't know what to expect next week. maybe Shanahan will have a nice package for Johnny. Also, the Colts defense is nothing to write home about.

I think we might surprise everybody including ourselves next week.

Calm down, one nice series does not a Super Bowl run make. :) Sometime? I hope so.

7-9 is about what most thought. A few pundits had them at 4-12 or worse. I was hoping 8-8, and by all rights we should beat the Panthers. The F**king Bengals had to pull (what I thought) a shady maneuver to get the Bucs called for too many men on the field- after the play was run. Tampa would have won the game otherwise. Crap, Steelers and Ravens lost. It ain't over until it's over.

I watched that game today. The Bucs were all over the Bengals. They stopped Hill and Bernard and Intercepted Howdy Doody on the first play of the game. Then at the end Marvin Lewis threw a red flag with 26 seconds left. That's supposed to be illegal but they let him get away with it. So put 2 and 2 together you get The Fix Was In.

"I like him, man," corner Joe Haden said, in an emptied out locker room. "I like him a lot. He has a really good work ethic. He's a good kid to be around in the locker room, he's positive, and he knows his role, and he's known his role on the team. He wasn't trying to be all out there. He's just learning."

so aggie what did you gleen from that quote?

"I like him, man," corner Joe Haden said, in an emptied out locker room. "I like him a lot. He has a really good work ethic. He's a good kid to be around in the locker room, he's positive, and he knows his role, and he's known his role on the team. He wasn't trying to be all out there. He's just learning."

Joe Thomas "I'm behind whoever will win us games".

Hoorta, I'll tell you what I glean from haden's statement. First, you have no clue what you're talking about when you spout stupid shit like the following:

" True- I didn't want Manziel- because he'd be a distraction, among other things. Guess what? He's a distraction. FYI- there's a shit ton of people that don't like Manziel for the same reason I don't particularly care for him- as a person. Not the kind of guy I'd want to hang out with. There's a difference between liking a football player, and liking the person. Isn't about my personal opinion anymore- I can't kick Manziel off the team- and I have to hope he does well.

This had zero, zilch, nada to do with the fake JFF ID. I could care less about it. I do care about his conduct after he got drafted by the Browns however. F**cking liar. I'm all into football. sure. However, I (and some others) still think he's still got some growing up to do. Maybe he'd actually be starting if he had been in Berea working out instead of hanging out with Bieb-er."

I choose to believe Haden and Pettine, who actually spend time with Johnny. They seem to like him AND think he's pretty good.

Archived