THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonathan Paul Manziel

Adoug319

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's going to... do the money sign.

Already popped that cherry... Should have saved it for a meaningful TD. Something like a game winner...

LOL Walter-just fun watching you try to yank some chains. Some bite, some don't, but still fun to watch.

You really think Walter is in control enough to troll?

if you're happy about a Manziel appearance in a Browns loss and you claim to be a Browns fan you're a piece of shit!!!

Great post, but is not applicable to too many people here as I see it.

Let's see how this week of practice goes before you call other people Retarded for not jumping on the bandwagon as quickly as you.

To jump on (or off) as quickly as Walter is a physical impossibility.

Well it looks like after putting Manziel in there will be a difficulty in not starting him in this weeks game. The one problem is that the Colts have an entire week to prepare for Johnny Manziel so don't expect him to have any flawless drives like he did today against the Bills who did not prepare for him. I was all for playing Hoyer the remainder of the season, but unfortunately his play has been deteriorating over the past 5 games so he has forced Pettine's hand. Brian doesn't look like he has that confidence he had earlier in the season, and we all know Johnny has no shortage of confidence. It really sucks that Mack had to go down because that has really destroyed our promising running game. I am all for whichever Quarterback is going to give us the best shot to get us to the playoffs, and at this point you have to go with Manziel.

The good thing is that there isn't much film of johnny with the browns. So who knows what he's gonna look like a full game.

Am I the only one that thinks that our offense was not better but more in sync before Gordon came back ? It just seems that if Gordon gets the ball early such as on slants he's more productive. He and Hoyer haven't really been on the same page and I think Hoyer's trying to force him the ball at times. There were four or five last week and again this week where Hoyer and Gordon just weren't on the same page. Or (as the almighty wise Walter says) I'm just fucking Retarded.

Nope... after the first INT where Gordo ran the wrong option, I said in the Tavern that I'd bench Gordo for a series. Not to punish Gordo, but to get BH back on his shorter options to Hawk and Gabe... what got us to 6-4.

As you point out, Gordo is deadly on slants (he does not drop) and quick screens... but Hoyer has to stay away from the deep options his way.

If Pettine really makes the decision it will be Hoyer, higher up the ladder, it's Manziel.

Pettine does not strike as the type that would stay a single minute after his owner ordered him to make a line-up change.

The window is quickly closing on hoyer.

Hoyer had a quick release, was fairly accurate, and played smart football.

Yup... and BH is closing it. Smart was his only advantage.

How does a team prepare for a guy with a big arm that can run?

Since we're playing Luck, we can ask Pettine/ O'Neil...

Pre injury RG3 had a rocket

Post injury and he barley steps into his throws.

he was injured in college

SO he had a good arm when he was a freshman in college?

NEXT

so with the season on the line we want a rookie in? make rookie mistakes?

The season was on the line today, and the veteran Hoyer shit the bed

The only way the Browns make the playoffs is they win out. 10-6 will not win the division or get a wild card with out bad conference record

so with the season on the line we want a rookie in? make rookie mistakes?

At this point it is whether the coaching staff thinks the mistakes Hoyer have been making are worse than the mistakes Manziel will make (which he undoubtedly will, can't deny that one JFF fanboys). Hoyer has put Pettine in an absolutely awful situation with his recent play though. Glad the decision isn't on me.

This is it. The beginning of the end for Pettine and company.

Because you're certain, based on your screen name Manziel is the second coming of Spurgon Wynn?

Manziel should have started day one, so asking the wrong person.

You didn't ask Johnny he wasn't ready in September. Now may well be a different story.

It's simple...

MANZIEL OPENS UP THE OFFENSE, Brian Hoyer doesn't not. Period, end of story.

No linebackers have to worry about spying on Brian Hoyer, dude has no legs at all.

Manziel scoring that TD was proof this offense can be explosive. I drive, 80 yards.

Right Walter, ONE DRIVE against a defense that had the luxury of playing soft.

It was ruled an incomplete pass you dumb fuck. He got right back up and fired a strike to Austin.

Quit being mad Johnny fucked your old lady loser.

Um, horrible call. BTW, what did JFF do after the got stripped, laid there like a two bit whore.

The Manziel are haters are so mad he's better than Hoyer. So much anger and jealousy Johnny has been handed the keys.

No Walter, not mad at all. Hoyer has stunk for 2 & 3\4 games. Pettine decided it was time- and I happen to agree.

MHO is Pettine knew once he put JFF in there's no going back. You could tell by Hoyer's body language on the sidelines he knew he blew his last shot.

Again everyone, this isn't a long time pro in a slump. You can see plain as day that Hoyer's confidence is SHOT. Re-watch the game and look his face after all the crappy throws. He has the same deer in the headlight look that Shurmer had during those shitty years. When you lose that edge at the QB position it's over.

NEXT

NEXT

RG3 had a cannon going into last year, sometimes you're just wrong, it's ok.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/24/cosell-deems-rg3-a-superior-arm-talent-and-natural-passer-to-luck/

Pre injury RG3 had a rocket

Post injury and he barley steps into his throws.

Seems like it. Coming out I thought he had a cannon and we saw it his rookie year...

All I've seen from him last year and this year is wobbly ducks. Wobbly spirals that are off the mark, little zip, and not much down the field. His mechanics seem to have degraded post-injury for whatever reason. Too many subway clubs, maybe.

Everyone is eager to see what Johnny can do and if you say you're not you're a liar. Maybe he's great maybe he's shit. But you want to see for yourself don't you?

yes of course. i would think that the leash got tighter on hoyer today the more he was sketchy considering that is in the back of everyone's minds from haslam to farmer to pettine. but no one made that call except pettine.

now i watched dilfer question pettine on espn after today's afternoons games were done. he basically said that it was still hoyer's team and blah blah blah. hey i'm a cleveland brown's qb supporter. doesn't matter who it is, just win. now because manziel looked good in 1.3 drives lead me to believe he is the heir apparent? hell no. but if hoyer can't handle the heat get him the F out the kitchen.

"Flexed to Fox" means national game?

How is a game between 2 AFC teams on FOX?

Not that I care, I will be at the game

The bar I was at in North Hollywood (Big Wangs) went APESHIT when Manziel went in.

what happened when he dropped and fumbled the snap and then he picked it up and got SLAMMED

Archived