THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonathan Paul Manziel

Adoug319

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why is the truth Retarded? No football talk just telling me "fucking Retarded peasant"

At least you agree then the Bills had taken the defense out for that drive.

No, they didn't you genetically defective failed experiment that should have been shot into a tissue,

they still had their starters in you fucking failure at life.

This goes back to my original gripe about the draft. They would be so much better if they would learn how to draft in the first round. Since they wasted their two first picks on Gilbert and Manziel its Farmer in the hot seat, not Pettine. Pettine has done an extremely good job considering no big tall wide receivers and injuries galore on defense. Pettine and Shanahan should be commended. As for Manziel, they'd better play him no matter what to decide if once again, they blew it in the first round.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Hoyer back at the helm next week but his leash is shorter than ever and his fate is sealed. Brian hoyer will NOT be starting for the browns next year. Johnny manziel WILL be the 2015 starter

I agree on the starter next year, but why wouldn't we start him? They need to see what he has for free agent/draft decisions, don't you think?

This goes back to my original gripe about the draft. They would be so much better if they would learn how to draft in the first round. Since they wasted their two first picks on Gilbert and Manziel its Farmer in the hot seat, not Pettine. Pettine has done an extremely good job considering no big tall wide receivers and injuries galore on defense. Pettine and Shanahan should be commended. As for Manziel, they'd better play him no matter what to decide if once again, they blew it in the first round.

you were doing so good there for a second. as soon as you bring up the draft you fail.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Hoyer back at the helm next week but his leash is shorter than ever and his fate is sealed. Brian hoyer will NOT be starting for the browns next year. Johnny manziel WILL be the 2015 starter

I agree that Brian's fate is sealed and he won't be the starter next year, as that's why this regime drafted Johnny. So with that, why not give Johnny some time this year now that Brian has played himself out of a job? ( See Stockton, all you had to do was chill, and you would've been around to bask in your love of Johnny .......... Too bad you're a douche )

TD against second string defense that was in at the time.

he came in 12 mins left in 4th quarter, that wasnt second string or prevent. it was same dfense hoyer seen the previous drive... and the browns being down let the bills pinthere ears back and all out rush the qb, makng his job actually harder...you guys that have blind loyalty to hoyer or manziel make this board unreadable at times...

Hoyer has sucked for the the last three weeks. Look at the stats. We can make a change that if we would have earlier we may not be in the dire straights we are in. Manziel is 20 times the qb Hoyer is.Do you think he would have been cut by several teams if he was the second coming of Jesus? C,mon don't be a bunch of dumbasses.. This seasons not over,we still have a shot!!

Am I the only one that thinks that our offense was not better but more in sync before Gordon came back ? It just seems that if Gordon gets the ball early such as on slants he's more productive. He and Hoyer haven't really been on the same page and I think Hoyer's trying to force him the ball at times. There were four or five last week and again this week where Hoyer and Gordon just weren't on the same page. Or (as the almighty wise Walter says) I'm just fucking Retarded.

GO BROWNS !

All right, I said in the tavern that I wouldn't respond here this week, but here goes.

I like Brian, and have been in his corner 100%, but I don't like the way Brian has regressed the last 5 weeks culminating in today's performance. If Pettine makes a change, it is not just because of how Brian played today, and even the most biased Brian supporter HAS to see and agree with this. He will make the change because of Brian's complete body of work, and how that body has been regressing.

There is never a perfect time to make a change at QB because of lack of production, but right now, it's about as good as it gets for Pettine. We are still in the playoff race with a 1/4 of the season left to be played. Johnny has had time to watch, listen and learn and is probably as ready now as he will be any time this year.

Hopefully Pettine will be smart and not give any type of definitive answer on who starts next week as to keep the Colts guessing and give Johnny any tiny advantage he can give him............ The press and we won't like it, but if he's smart, it's what he'll do.

Based on the last 5 weeks and if I'm the head coach, I start Johnny......... and that coming from a Brian supporter.

Well said D. I am a huge fan of Bryan and the whole story of him becoming the starter as well. I wanted it to pan out for him. The reality is that he has slowly regressed and now in the last two games has been horrible. He may have led us to the comeback win last week but there would have been no comeback necessary without the horrible play at QB. I dont like Manziel one bit as a human being but I am rooting for him as our QB moving forward.

I suspect a safari this week pending the decision on starting QB. Much rage if it's Hoyer, many sky high if it's Manziel.

I hope IF it's Hoyer next week and they struggle on offense that they pull him very early. Don't want to see the guy get boo'd off the field by his hometown,would rather see him head to the sidelines before that happens.

But then again, I feel like they should probably make their decision tomorrow after tape rather than split reps and flip a coin.

STFU buffalo patty, I am sure the Bills are proud of having fans like you.

yeah...lots of respect for an assclown who registers here after the game is over to talk trash. The ones that were here all week deserve the opportunity to gloat since they took a lot of shit all week (all in fun) but to register and show up after the game is the move of a real pussy.

Am I the only one that thinks that our offense was not better but more in sync before Gordon came back ? It just seems that if Gordon gets the ball early such as on slants he's more productive. He and Hoyer haven't really been on the same page and I think Hoyer's trying to force him the ball at times. There were four or five last week and again this week where Hoyer and Gordon just weren't on the same page. Or (as the almighty wise Walter says) I'm just fucking Retarded.GO BROWNS !

Nope, I also noticed this. The INT on the pass to Gordon was partly Gordon's fault as they were facing Cover 2 and Gordon was supposed to break inside in front of the defender.

Manziel, came in and played well. Hoyer has looked pretty rancid the last few games. If Pettine is sticking with his philosophy of sticking with the hot hand., manziel is in.

Unfortunately the QB position is really the only one that requires more of a steady presence than a "hot hand". You can do that with RB's and WR's, not your "franchise" position.

The window is quickly closing on hoyer. I've been a supporter of him because he's been winning. He's been winning ugly for a while, now we have another loss, and it seems he's regressing.

Hoyer had a quick release, was fairly accurate, and played smart football. Haven't seen that hoyer for a while.

Glad I don't have to make the decision who starts. I'm leaning towards manziel but I can see the argument for either qb

I'd echo this. Gilbert hasn't shown much in year 1 and I really think "Johnny's our guy" was some serious PR bullshit.

Well it looks like after putting Manziel in there will be a difficulty in not starting him in this weeks game. The one problem is that the Colts have an entire week to prepare for Johnny Manziel so don't expect him to have any flawless drives like he did today against the Bills who did not prepare for him. I was all for playing Hoyer the remainder of the season, but unfortunately his play has been deteriorating over the past 5 games so he has forced Pettine's hand. Brian doesn't look like he has that confidence he had earlier in the season, and we all know Johnny has no shortage of confidence. It really sucks that Mack had to go down because that has really destroyed our promising running game. I am all for whichever Quarterback is going to give us the best shot to get us to the playoffs, and at this point you have to go with Manziel.

Well it looks like after putting Manziel in there will be a difficulty in not starting him in this weeks game. The one problem is that the Colts have an entire week to prepare for Johnny Manziel so don't expect him to have any flawless drives like he did today against the Bills who did not prepare for him. I was all for playing Hoyer the remainder of the season, but unfortunately his play has been deteriorating over the past 5 games so he has forced Pettine's hand. Brian doesn't look like he has that confidence he had earlier in the season, and we all know Johnny has no shortage of confidence. It really sucks that Mack had to go down because that has really destroyed our promising running game. I am all for whichever Quarterback is going to give us the best shot to get us to the playoffs, and at this point you have to go with Manziel.

How does a team prepare for a guy with a big arm that can run?

Archived