THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonathan Paul Manziel

Adoug319

Can't even remember how this escalated, but it's boring. Bottom line, I believe Johnny will succeed in the NFL, regardless of who likes him, who doesn't, who thinks he doesn't work hard enough even though they have no idea how hard he's working, or who thinks his stats don't matter but his "incidents" do. NFL history might be against me, Browns history is definitely against me, but Johnny Manziel history is on my side.

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think so. He looked good considering what he was put into. Hoyer looked awful, again.

I agree, Hoyer has gotten worse not better

The Browns could lose every game from here on out and it wouldn't be the end for Pettine and company. He's already more than doubled our win total from last year. How quickly we forget.

Ditto. Not gonna see PITT or BAL drop their guys after dropping to 7-5 in "must win" games.

The fact PITT and BAL lost also means we aren't out of the playoff hunt. Next week against IND is tough and huge.

I'll have to think about it just like Pettine now has to think it through before making that drastic a change. I really wanted JF to get a whole season with spot duty. Today qualifies for that since the game was just about gone anyway. A good time to see what the rook could do. But do you take the chance now if you're Pettine? I don't know. It's not a snap decision that's for sure. Be interesting to hear what he has to say in all post game pressers.

I'll have to think about it just like Pettine now has to think it through before making that drastic a change. I really wanted JF to get a whole season with spot duty. Today qualifies for that since the game was just about gone anyway. A good time to see what the rook could do. But do you take the chance now if you're Pettine? I don't know. It's not a snap decision that's for sure. Be interesting to hear what he has to say in all post game pressers.

I'm fairly confident he's only going to be asked about 1 thing in the pressers about 20 different ways. Hopefully the media is better than that.

I still think they're going to give the ball to Hoyer against the Colts. Last chance to save the season, they'll likely prefer to have the guy back there who got 'em this far.

Not saying I agree with it. And not suggesting it's the wise choice. But I think next game is a last-ditch effort for playoff position and Hoyer will be given his last chance.

Yes. Unfortunately playoffs are pretty much over for us now. Start the learning process for Johnny.

No they aren't. BAL and PITT lost and fell into a 3 way tie with us. We still play BAL. Cincy is continuing to prove their scrubbiness, we get another crack at them too. We still determine our own fate.

Pettine and the coaches see Manziel in practice day in and day out. If he was playing like Luck we would've seen him weeks ago. He got a shot today cause Hoyer played like shit again. The coaches will evaluate who gives them the best shot against Indy and my guess is that will be Hoyer. Can't deny the drive Manziel had but let's be honest there is a huge difference between, a spark and score, and executing a game plan.

Yes. Unfortunately playoffs are pretty much over for us now. Start the learning process for Johnny.

You all are the most hyperbolic fans I've ever seen. How are we out of contention? Everyone in our division besides Cinci lost. Until we are mathematically out, it isn't over.

Lots of pessimism already. The season is FAR from over and the Browns still have good shot at either winning the division or getting a wild card slot. Yes it does suck how the Browns gave away the game but that's already in the past. The big question is who will be the starting QB next week against the Colts?

i don't think manziel makes this team better. i think hoyer is royally fucking up. i don't care who starts as long as that person give the browns the best chance to win.

it's a 2 edged sword now for manziel AND for the browns. if manziel starts and blows does that mean our QB search is still on? i love what hoyer did for us but if you can't mentally tough it out with the pressures going on around you then you can't be that guy that leads the team into battle. simple as that. and let's see how teams prep for manziel. i really doubt the bills did anything this week thinking manziel would come in.

Your starter has thrown 5 straight picks in two games without a TD. Given, he won one of them, but it doesn't sound like a recipe for future success. Barring a fantastic turnaround, I can't see this team winning out or even taking 3 of 4.

The point is, you're not risking much by going to Manziel, and it sets things up for next year. If he's not the guy, best to find out sooner.

ok, not trying to be an ass here, but why did you show up? seriously? just asking. are you here because manziel was put in the game?

You all are the most hyperbolic fans I've ever seen. How are we out of contention? Everyone in our division besides Cinci lost. Until we are mathematically out, it isn't over.

I'm not saying it's over for sure or anything but I can't see us beating Indy next week and I think we're in bad standing in terms of the tiebreaker.

Despite how my comments may look I'm not unhappy at all. We've lost a lot of key guys to injury this year, have a lot of guys who will get better in the years ahead and I personally trust our current front office to continue to make smart moves and improve our team (especially with two first round picks). We've done better than anyone thought we would and the future is bright for the Browns!

Archived