THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonathan Paul Manziel

Adoug319

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What if he was our starter and got himself injured in a stupid fight? What kind of distraction would that be to the team? Its bad enough that he was involved in something like this as a backup. He's not ready to be a grown up. He's a 21 year old kid who wants to party. That's all fine if you are the average 21 year old college kid. He chose to leave college early to become a professional, how bout he act like it.

This was known about before the Team left for Atlanta.

So far sounds like Manziel wasn't really involved other than maybe defending himself, but he probably shouldn't have been out at that time of night right before leaving for a game.

More Team distractions we just don't need.

I'm inclined to say that guy caused the issue.

The statement by manziels agent is a bit weird though, saying he got back from dinner with his mom (at 2:30am?) And wasn't with an entourage just his roommate. But said he reported it to the browns right away.

I have no doubt that guy was a drunk dickhead and caused the problems, but I'm sure johnny was drunk and shouldn't be out til 2am the day before a game :-P

Per Schefter, this is Johnny's side of the story:

Johnny Manziel statement from agent Erik Butkhardt: "Johnny and his roommate had been out to dinner earlier in the evening with Johnny’s mother, who is staying with him this week. There was no entourage. Johnny and his roommate were trying to get on the apartment elevator at his home when they were accosted by a very aggressive man and his associates. It was an unfortunate situation and he immediately let Ray Farmer and the team know what happened.”

I am quite familiar with the Gonos clan. They got popped for tax evasion at their restaurants here. Daddy got a prison sentence. I actually eat at Dianna's with some regularity and these dudes ooze cockiness so it was ironic to see him call Johnny cocky. Also for the past 18 months I have seen these cock knobs preening at my gym. All 3 of them are extreme doucheclowns who are beyond full of themselves. I hope I see that goof all bruised up in the gym this week so I can laugh. I haven't been thrilled with Johnny' s behavior since we drafted him but I'd bet everything the Gonos douche incited this incident and got what he deserved.

Man, what a prophetic thread... How did Mike do it?

and it sounds like 'the movie' will be coming out soon.....so, everyone will get to SEE what happened......nice

Pass the popcorn... can't wait to see how "Mom" looked at 02:30...

BAE = Before Anyone Else. My teenager has used the term before.

I just assumed she skipped the second "B" in BABE...

Johnny's mom Is probably a balla just like him. No doubt she parties till 2am. This guy is lucky he got off how he did, cause we all know JF could have thrown him through walls with his brute strength. Although on the other hand he also could have just gazed into the mans eyes putting a hypnosis on him. Johnny does what johnny wants though.

I understand that if by chance Brian Hoyer would go down, that while he may finish out that particular game, the keys to the mint would not necessarily be handed to him. Nor would they be handed to Connor Shaw, the JFF wannabe practice squad QB that we have.

In order to preserve a potential playoff run, the Browns would likely bring in someone with playoff/Super Bowl experience, and someone well versed in the Shanahan offensive system, i.e.:

Rex Grossman.

While Pettine and Shanny like JFF as a potential future QB, they don't want to put the fate of this season on him right here, right now. Not as long as a playoff run in is the mix. Grossman and Shanny are tight, and Shanny would see Grossman as a coach on the field. A guy that could function in his system. What they might do if Hoyer went down is to put in a few more "Johnny Packages", but the bulk of the reps/snaps would go to a veteran.

Or we could just start a carrot instead.

Carrot > Grossman.

"... I guess Johnny sucker punched him while the security guard was holding him. It should be all on video."

D. Johnny hit his brother.....but he claims he sucker punched his brother? After his brother tackled Johnny? That doesn't sound like a sucker punch, it sounds like self defense.

Timing is everything...

C'mon TMZ...

Didn't you learn nothin' from SB??? It's "than a week"... ;)

Sorry, I wasn't an English major

And, no, I didn't learn nothing from SB

Archived