THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonathan Paul Manziel

Adoug319

I thought this was an old thread, dug up from the graveyard...

I swear I've seen it before...

Edit: ... and I have... surfaces every few weeks per our search engine.

I will say this, if a rusty, fucking Rex Grossman can come off the couch and run this Offense better than JM, eleven weeks into the season, then we are in deep shit with our #22 overall...

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to a lot of you if I say Manziel should start I am in a cult,

first off do you have any reading comprehension skills? the only time cult was mentioned in this thread was by me towards stockshorts as a FRIGGIN JOKE!!!! man you butt hurt little girls......

second, who the fuck are you? sure you're entitled to your opinion but you see this is a browns board correct? it's not a discuss JF fanboy forum to discuss all things JF up down side to side.

"ooh i wonder what type of under wear johnny wears stockton?" "i think he likes that classic man briefs TexasKevin."

join stock as a partner and start your own forum. easy enough to do considering stockton is a mensa member. he should be able to figure it out.

when you go to his house though watch out for the pipe bombs in the basement.

I thought this was going to be a joke about how Josh Gordon has a live arm, but no, a serious thing. Nope, JF is number 2.

Dude, that play yesterday was amazing! It showed his football IQ, and he just has 'it'. He's not only blessed with freakish physical skills, but he obviously knows the game as well as most coaches (may explain how he gets so wide open).

I'm rooting for Puffy.

first off do you have any reading comprehension skills? the only time cult was mentioned in this thread was by me towards stockshorts as a FRIGGIN JOKE!!!! man you butt hurt little girls......

second, who the fuck are you? sure you're entitled to your opinion but you see this is a browns board correct? it's not a discuss JF fanboy forum to discuss all things JF up down side to side.

"ooh i wonder what type of under wear johnny wears stockton?" "i think he likes that classic man briefs TexasKevin."

join stock as a partner and start your own forum. easy enough to do considering stockton is a mensa member. he should be able to figure it out.

when you go to his house though watch out for the pipe bombs in the basement.

Well, that just got you tagged in some NSA basement data base.

If they read everything, then they must read all the bitching about Hoyer, and all the man love for JFF.

Obviously Johnnys gonna come in if BH gets hurt. He's the ONLY option.

I think OP is talking longer term than the rest of one game. So, do we promote Shaw and risk him as the backup during a playoff run?.

OR, do we bring Grossman back because he's better than Shaw right now. THEN, if Grossman is back, is he the better option to start the rest of the games during a playoff run?.... or is JFF?

For all the same reason we all believe Hoyer is the best option to win now, I would say Grossman presents a similar argument.

So, it really boils down to that.

Yes, that is exactly what I am talking about. As per usual, only Hoyer and JFF have been activated for games, and if Hoyer went down, Johnny would be in for that game. But yes, I am talking in the.....mid range. The rest of the season. I believe that Pettine wants JFF to get a full year of tutelage.....what he gets now with Hoyer, or what he would get with some other veteran to replace Hoyer if he went down. Grossman is the obvious example. I know that they brought somebody else in for a while, but Grossman still seems a more likely stop gap.

Johnny manziel reportedly beat the shit out of a fan Friday night when he went up to Johnny and said he was a huge browns fan. You can go read the story at clevescene.com. This is the fucker you imbeciles adore.

Johnny manziel beat the shit out of a fan that went up to him and told him he was a big fan on Friday night. This is the ducker you imbeciles worship.

Adults shouldn't pick on 12yr olds.

Yea it happened just like that. Another report said a drunk individual was in his face. Only idiots rush to judgement without the facts.

I totally believe it. Both were probably drunk and when the guy got a little close Johnny unleashed his inner meat head douchebag on him. Johnny's been in the news way too much for you fanboys to keep defending him

If this scenario did play out (hoyer getting hurt not this bs story, get that shit outa here) I would be pissed if they put anyone else in. JF could be our future and while it may hurt our playoff run the experience he could gain would be worth it.

And can you imagine if he led us deep into the playoffs, Jesus the ESPN guys heads would explode. (Insert gay joke here)

No facts are in on this.....the story's like 5 minutes old and unverified.....

Only idiots rush to judgement without the facts.

I totally believe it. Both were probably drunk and when the guy got a little close Johnny unleashed his inner meat head douchebag on him. Johnny's been in the news way too much for you fanboys to keep defending him

Nobody's defending him. Read the posts. And I sure as hell aint no JFF fanboi. Got the wrong guy there.

We simply said "let's be reasonable and wait for the facts" before rushing to judgement.

I see you prefer the "lynch mob" approach. To each his own.

I prefer to collect a few facts and have a more reasonable approach. The source for this story is "Scene" magazine and the guy who got punched.....so, lets see where it goes....

Johnny manziel beat the shit out of a fan that went up to him and told him he was a big fan on Friday night. This is the ducker you imbeciles worship.

let's be honest though. no one knows what happens. we all know some of these fans are annoying assholes and half if given the chance will start an altercation looking for some pay day.

stupid punk from my hometown. what is happening with our yoots?

Keep in mind this is also a private residence where many of Cleveland's pro athletes live and the guy who attacked him in a complete sketch ball with a criminal record

http://www.clevescene.com/scene-and-heard/archives/2014/11/24/police-report-johnny-manziel-involved-in-massive-fight-late-friday-night-at-the-9-in-downtown-cleveland

STATEMENT FROM CLEVELAND BROWNS GENERAL MANAGER RAY FARMER:

"We are aware of the incident and are in the process of gathering additional information in order to gain a complete understanding of what occurred. Nonetheless, the time of the incident is concerning to us. We continually stress to all of our players the importance of sound decision making in an effort to avoid putting themselves in these types of situations. We have addressed this appropriately with the player and will have no further comment at this time."

An eager Cleveland Browns fan sparked a massive fight at The 9 when he approached Johnny Manziel and his "entourage" late Friday night, according to a police report obtained today by Scene.

Cleveland police were called to the apartment's lobby at 2:36 a.m. for a report of a "riot" involving 20 men and two security guards.

The alleged victim, 33-year-old Sandusky resident Chris Gonos, reported to police that he and his girlfriend spotted Manziel while waiting for an elevator at the high-end apartment complex, where many Cleveland professional athletes live, and professed his love to the rookie quarterback.

Gonos told police he pointed Manziel out to his girlfriend: "That's Johnny Manziel." Then he approached him.

According to the report, "at this time victim stated to the unidentified male, 'I'm the biggest Browns fan ever, I love you, I want to give you a hug.'"

Gonos stepped towards Manziel and was promptly punched in the face, the alleged victim's account to police says, followed by a beat down by Manziel's crew, giving the man a "swollen lip, right eye swollen, red face." A security guard intervened and also was hurt.

Kenny Didier, general manager of The 9, told Scene "We have no comment on any of that."

We reached out to the Browns for comment and will update with the team's response.

UPDATE: Comments from the alleged victim, Chris Gonos, about the fight.

"Yeah, it actually all started through me. We had a room — it was my brother’s birthday — so we were staying at the Metropolitan at the 9. We partied there, and at the end of the night I was going back up to my room, and I noticed the guy. I was like, 'Man, that’s Johnny Manziel.' They were trying to keep it quiet, keep it low, and I was like 'Johnny Football!' I was just excited. But anyways, I went to give him like a handshake, or dap or whatever you want to call it, one of his buddies like tackled me. It was going down, a whole bunch of people started fighting. It ended pretty quick."

"I got a bruised hip and a bruised elbow, and somebody hit me in the back of the head, too. My brother saw what was going on and he ran he tackled Johhny Manziel — I guess he got the sack and the fumble. He tackled him, yeah, I’m talking about he speared him all the way to the back wall. I was cornered; I was by myself and Johnny Manziel and like three or four of his buddies were all coming at me. (My brother) just came to help me out, and I guess Johnny sucker punched him while the security guard was holding him. It should be all on video."

"No [one was arrested], like 20 officers came and I was sitting in the lobby because I did not do anything wrong but be a fan. All these cops run into the lobby, and they’re like, “Who was fighting, who was fighting?” and I just raised my hand, and was like, listen, watch the camera, and stuff like that. I may be guilty of being a fan, but that’s about it. I even showed them the guy that sucker punched me and the cops walked right up to him, talking to him for a while, and they let us all go. They just told me I had to leave the hotel, and me and my ride, we left. Manziel never punched me, but he got a sucker punch on my brother."

"I know somebody else in the group smashed Johnny right in the face. Smashed him, smashed him. I watched the whole game to see if we could spot him on the sidelines."

Update II:

"We are aware of the incident and are in the process of gathering additional information in order to gain a complete understanding of what occurred. Nonetheless, the time of the incident is concerning to us. We continually stress to all of our players the importance of sound decision making in an effort to avoid putting themselves in these types of situations. We have addressed this appropriately with the player and will have no further comment at this time."

Update III:

Chris Gonos, the Browns fan in the middle of it all, pleaded guilty last year in federal court to charges of "conspiracy to structure financial transactions to evade filing currency transaction reports," theSandusky Register reported at the time.

http://www.clevescene.com/scene-and-heard/archives/2014/11/24/police-report-johnny-manziel-involved-in-massive-fight-late-friday-night-at-the-9-in-downtown-cleveland

I had to look up bae as I'm not up on the latest I guess. This came up at the top on Google, lol: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Bae

This whole thing sounds a drunk moron got too close and someone in his posse roughed him up. Could have been handled better possibly but it doesn't really sound like Manziel had much of anything to do with it. I agree with Farmer but I'm not going to really feel differently about the dude.

edit: I guess I mean to say that I feel that the guy who was punched could easily be exaggerating how aggressive he was

An eager Cleveland Browns fan sparked a massive fight at The 9 when he approached Johnny Manziel and his "entourage" late Friday night, according to a police report obtained today by Scene.

Cleveland police were called to the apartment's lobby at 2:36 a.m. for a report of a "riot" involving 20 men and two security guards.

The alleged victim, 33-year-old Sandusky resident Chris Gonos, reported to police that he and his girlfriend spotted Manziel while waiting for an elevator at the high-end apartment complex, where many Cleveland professional athletes live, and professed his love to the rookie quarterback.

Gonos told police he pointed Manziel out to his girlfriend: "That's Johnny Manziel." Then he approached him.

According to the report, "at this time victim stated to the unidentified male, 'I'm the biggest Browns fan ever, I love you, I want to give you a hug.'"

Gonos stepped towards Manziel and was promptly punched in the face, the alleged victim's account to police says, followed by a beat down by Manziel's crew, giving the man a "swollen lip, right eye swollen, red face." A security guard intervened and also was hurt.

Kenny Didier, general manager of The 9, told Scene "We have no comment on any of that."

We reached out to the Browns for comment and will update with the team's response.

UPDATE: Comments from the alleged victim, Chris Gonos, about the fight.

"Yeah, it actually all started through me. We had a room — it was my brother’s birthday — so we were staying at the Metropolitan at the 9. We partied there, and at the end of the night I was going back up to my room, and I noticed the guy. I was like, 'Man, that’s Johnny Manziel.' They were trying to keep it quiet, keep it low, and I was like 'Johnny Football!' I was just excited. But anyways, I went to give him like a handshake, or dap or whatever you want to call it, one of his buddies like tackled me. It was going down, a whole bunch of people started fighting. It ended pretty quick."

"I got a bruised hip and a bruised elbow, and somebody hit me in the back of the head, too. My brother saw what was going on and he ran he tackled Johhny Manziel — I guess he got the sack and the fumble. He tackled him, yeah, I’m talking about he speared him all the way to the back wall. I was cornered; I was by myself and Johnny Manziel and like three or four of his buddies were all coming at me. (My brother) just came to help me out, and I guess Johnny sucker punched him while the security guard was holding him. It should be all on video."

"No [one was arrested], like 20 officers came and I was sitting in the lobby because I did not do anything wrong but be a fan. All these cops run into the lobby, and they’re like, “Who was fighting, who was fighting?” and I just raised my hand, and was like, listen, watch the camera, and stuff like that. I may be guilty of being a fan, but that’s about it. I even showed them the guy that sucker punched me and the cops walked right up to him, talking to him for a while, and they let us all go. They just told me I had to leave the hotel, and me and my ride, we left. Manziel never punched me, but he got a sucker punch on my brother."

"I know somebody else in the group smashed Johnny right in the face. Smashed him, smashed him. I watched the whole game to see if we could spot him on the sidelines."

Update II:

Update III:

Chris Gonos, the Browns fan in the middle of it all, pleaded guilty last year in federal court to charges of "conspiracy to structure financial transactions to evade filing currency transaction reports," theSandusky Register reported at the time.

OK:

A. One of JFF's bodyguard knocked him down when he approached Johnny....in an admitted somewhat aggressive manner?

B. Johnny never hit this guy.

C. His brother he says ran and tackle Johnny

D. Johnny hit his brother.....but he claims he sucker punched his brother? After his brother tackled Johnny? That doesn't sound like a sucker punch, it sounds like self defense.

Archived