THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonathan Paul Manziel

Adoug319

Show me one quote... just one...

"That said, Johnny has never stopped working hard in the weight room and at practice and he seems to be learning the playbook well. He’s here trying to work hard and make a name for himself. For the most part he’s a quiet guy. He keeps to himself in the locker room, and then he goes back to the hotel and wants to relax, watch TV, and talk to his friends—just like the rest of us. In my opinion, he doesn’t want all the extra attention. But he doesn’t have much of a choice." - Joel Bitonio

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/10/29/joel-bitonio-cleveland-browns-rookie-what-ive-learned/

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Show me one quote... just one...

"Johnny Manziel the football player has been great for us," Pettine said. "He comes in the building, he prepares, he helps Brian (Hoyer) out as far as his preparation as the starter, he works hard in practice, he works hard in the weight room, he works hard in the meeting room.

http://www.foxsports.com/ohio/story/mike-pettine-johnny-manziel-cleveland-browns-houston-texans-111314

And the words "consummate professional" are where???

Or does a "Consummate Professional" simply "try to work hard"?

Jesus Christ, you really are coming across douchey with this one. Sorry but good god we all know what he's implying.

You sound like a girl playing semantics games.

Everyone has been very high on him and I'll take our coach, Bitionio, and Thomas credibility over yours.

He's busting his ass off or do you need someone to shove the article in your face.

You're being unbelievably twatty on this one.

Ok, this is going to piss a lot of people off but I really don't give a damn. I stated in one of my very first posts on this forum and I will reiterate once again. "Johnny Sideshow" as I have dubbed him was nothing more than a marketing ploy to elevate the discussion around the Browns and to sell tickets and memorabilia. Guess what, it's working. He's too small, and in my opinion not very bright. He will NEVER be an elite QB for this team nor any other. I said it.... I'll own it.

GO BROWNS !

Ok, this is going to piss a lot of people off but I really don't give a damn. I stated in one of my very first posts on this forum and I will reiterate once again. "Johnny Sideshow" as I have dubbed him was nothing more than a marketing ploy to elevate the discussion around the Browns and to sell tickets and memorabilia. Guess what, it's working. He's too small, and in my opinion not very bright. He will NEVER be an elite QB for this team nor any other. I said it.... I'll own it.

GO BROWNS !

Nothing wrong with having that opinion, and only time will tell if you're right or wrong....... What is wrong is constantly saying the same thing over and over again for months, in every post like our boy Stockton did.

I too have an opinion on Johnny, and I have the same concerns as you. I don't know enough about the kid as I only saw 1 college game that he played, and then of course the pre-season this year. I'm not as confident as you to declare he's a bust, but I have my fears.

I've been wrong before, and hopefully I'll be wrong again regarding Johnny. I won't root against him (until he does the Weeden Back Flip) and will root like hell for him when and if he is under center for my Browns.

I love all the opinions and insults on this board. But let me ask 1 simple question. "How can anyone have a informed opinion of what type of QB, JFF will be in the NFL, since we haven't seen him actually play in the NFL yet." Not trying to be a smart ass, but people for or against how good he will be, have no idea, till we see a body of work, like we have with Hoyer. The passion with our team runs deep, we all want a winner, who the QB is shouldn't matter IMO. We are 7-4, can we just enjoy it.

Jesus Christ, you really are coming across douchey with this one. Sorry but good god we all know what he's implying.

You sound like a girl playing semantics games.

Everyone has been very high on him and I'll take our coach, Bitionio, and Thomas credibility over yours.

He's busting his ass off or do you need someone to shove the article in your face.

You're being unbelievably twatty on this one.

Words have meaning...

That you do not understand the meaning of a word when you use it is not my problem, Bud...

Still awaiting my one quote...

Try googling "manziel consummate professional"... I already have.

I love all the opinions and insults on this board. But let me ask 1 simple question. "How can anyone have a informed opinion of what type of QB, JFF will be in the NFL, since we haven't seen him actually play in the NFL yet." Not trying to be a smart ass, but people for or against how good he will be, have no idea, till we see a body of work, like we have with Hoyer. The passion with our team runs deep, we all want a winner, who the QB is shouldn't matter IMO. We are 7-4, can we just enjoy it.

very true. i guess until they release practice footage we'll never know, until they put him in.

all people who do not want to support the browns at a 7~seaand not Bitch about thier fan love gay love fantasy should just go to the manziel website.

Your as bad as Stockton just come from the totally opposite direction.

So because Hoyer had a bad game and 90% of us have taken notice to it were gay love fantasy for Manziel?

Being critical of Hoyer doesn't mean Manziel is the answer, it simply being critical of Hoyer.

Hoyer himself said he was "pissed off" with his own performance and how it nearly cost them, listen to his press conference.

I saw him in the NFL. I saw an immature kid who couldn't handle a preseason game. Remember the finger?

Thats not the type of qb I want leading my team.

Maybe he'll mature and become a leader. I have my reservations about him from seeing his college games.

But in the end, I do hope the best because he is a brown. I just don't think he's ready to take the starting role yet.

According to a lot of you if I say Manziel should start I am in a cult, I don't care about the team, and I root for Hoyer to play bad. But anybody who says Hoyer should start is a long time, real Browns fan who wants what is best for the team. It is my opinion that Johnny should be starting just as it is yours that Hoyer should start. I trash Hoyer when he plays bad but you all trash Johnny because of speculation and/or things that you or I really don't know about yet. All I know is the quarterback play on this team this year hasn't been very good and I believe it can be better if we make a change.

Really things like "We should all pitch him and get him a new clipboard" is not disrespect? Thats a normal comment to make about your 1st round QB?

US real fans sayshit like that just to get a rise outta pathetic piece of shit fans. Seems to be working

Every time I see JF on the sidelines he looks like he's hamming for the camera, not the least bit interested in what's happening on the field. His stupid commercials make me want to spew! What I don't understand is all the "manlove" for a rookie QB who hasn't done ONE SINGLE THING to prove he's NFL worthy. Personally, I hope he can take over after Hoyer's done, and lead us to the Promised Land, but history tells me that QB's (like him) who are small and underweight, who think they can run at will, end up flat on their backs, and on IR most of the season.

Every time I see JF on the sidelines he looks like he's hamming for the camera, not the least bit interested in what's happening on the field. His stupid commercials make me want to spew! What I don't understand is all the "manlove" for a rookie QB who hasn't done ONE SINGLE THING to prove he's NFL worthy. Personally, I hope he can take over after Hoyer's done, and lead us to the Promised Land, but history tells me that QB's (like him) who are small and underweight, who think they can run at will, end up flat on their backs, and on IR most of the season.

The "manlove" for Johnny is based on the fact that he was one of the best college players off all time and he is on this team. Johnny might be small but he isn't as fragile and reckless as some of you believe. He only had minor injuries in college and never missed a game. I know the SEC isn't the big, bad NFL but he wasn't facing children. And all the highlights you saw of him diving for the endzone or running into defenders was because A&M's defense was awful so every yard mattered.

The Browns did not draft Manziel as a "marketing ploy" otherwise Jacksonville would have snatched him up. The Browns don't have problems selling tickets.

He was their #1 ranked QB. End of story.

Nobody knows what he will do on the field and that can be debated all day.

Ummmm Blake Bortles was their #1 ranked rookie qb.

According to a lot of you if I say Manziel should start I am in a cult, I don't care about the team, and I root for Hoyer to play bad. But anybody who says Hoyer should start is a long time, real Browns fan who wants what is best for the team. It is my opinion that Johnny should be starting just as it is yours that Hoyer should start. I trash Hoyer when he plays bad but you all trash Johnny because of speculation and/or things that you or I really don't know about yet. All I know is the quarterback play on this team this year hasn't been very good and I believe it can be better if we make a change. TexasKevin

Fine. Whatever. But the reality is, the Browns are 7-4, so JM should just keep learning and be ready. It's all been said,

so...say, how about that offensive line ???

Why is there hate for Manziel? He's been keeping his mouth shut and learning the system. I can understand when people here are mad about Hoyer's play, but how can you diss Manziel? Lol what is he doing so poorly right now? Johnny Clipboard....really? Let's hate on our backup qb who keeps quiet and doesn't complain.

For the record, I don't hate Manziel- at least since the season began. He was hardly a "consummate professional" before training camp started. Put himself squarely behind the 8 ball with his partying antics.

You forgetting all the RG III hype before he ever played a down? When the coaches decide it's time for Manziel to start, I'll support him. Honestly the way Hoyer has played the last couple of games, it wouldn't take much for a qb to perform better than that.

I understand that if by chance Brian Hoyer would go down, that while he may finish out that particular game, the keys to the mint would not necessarily be handed to him. Nor would they be handed to Connor Shaw, the JFF wannabe practice squad QB that we have.

In order to preserve a potential playoff run, the Browns would likely bring in someone with playoff/Super Bowl experience, and someone well versed in the Shanahan offensive system, i.e.:

Rex Grossman.

While Pettine and Shanny like JFF as a potential future QB, they don't want to put the fate of this season on him right here, right now. Not as long as a playoff run in is the mix. Grossman and Shanny are tight, and Shanny would see Grossman as a coach on the field. A guy that could function in his system. What they might do if Hoyer went down is to put in a few more "Johnny Packages", but the bulk of the reps/snaps would go to a veteran.

That would be called an educated guess. I've seen enough Johnny at work and I don't think he has what it takes .

I'm enjoying the hell out of 7-4 GO BROWNS !

When Hoyer got drilled by Cushing they had Manziel gearing up to go in.

I get Grossman is the vet who knows the system, but I'm pretty sure johnny solidified the #2.

Obviously Johnnys gonna come in if BH gets hurt. He's the ONLY option.

I think OP is talking longer term than the rest of one game. So, do we promote Shaw and risk him as the backup during a playoff run?.

OR, do we bring Grossman back because he's better than Shaw right now. THEN, if Grossman is back, is he the better option to start the rest of the games during a playoff run?.... or is JFF?

For all the same reason we all believe Hoyer is the best option to win now, I would say Grossman presents a similar argument.

So, it really boils down to that.

The "manlove" for Johnny is based on the fact that he was one of the best college players off all time and he is on this team. Johnny might be small but he isn't as fragile and reckless as some of you believe. He only had minor injuries in college and never missed a game. I know the SEC isn't the big, bad NFL but he wasn't facing children. And all the highlights you saw of him diving for the endzone or running into defenders was because A&M's defense was awful so every yard mattered.

We've already been down that road with a short, "mobile" quarterback who played his college football in Texas, and I do believe he finished his college carreer as the winningest QB in college football. That netted him a few wins in two or three seasons here.

Archived