THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonathan Paul Manziel

Adoug319

Movie magic do you really think Manziel would stand there and let RG3 throw a ball 30 mph at his face?, I doubt we see the dummy in the actual commercial.

I'm pretty sure none of those picks were thrown underhand.

This right here. As someone who didn't like Weedon but thought that not all of those losses were on Weeds...cause that line last year was one of the worst I've seen from the browns since 99...weedon's unprecedented streak of underhand throws even AFTER the Lions game precludes any discussion of parity between him and Hoyer. People don't realize that Weeds tried that underhand at least 2 more times after the Lions game but didn't result in int's....or completions for that matter.

idk if any of you guys realize this but hoyer is garbage. He is weeden-esque and its going to show come sunday. Weeden would've won those games that brian won

Hoyer has managed to hang around the NFL for 6 seasons, something I'm pretty sure Wee-done won't. As others have pointed out- Brian hasn't tried any underhand flips yet. BTW, Hoyer reads a defense 10X better, and gets rid of the ball 5X faster than old Brandon. If Romo gets hurt and Weeden has to start for the Cowboys, it's going to be damn hilarious.

Ignore that hoyer is perfectly capable of throwing 3 picks vs the vikings, but gets all the credit for the win

Yeah, because of that game winning 4th quarter drive.

Yeah, because of that game winning 4th quarter drive.

You mean the one that ended up with a 7 yard TD pass to Cam with 0:51 left?

I just want to be sure I am not confusing it with the other two drives that ended with him throwing TD passes...

This right here. As someone who didn't like Weedon but thought that not all of those losses were on Weeds...cause that line last year was one of the worst I've seen from the browns since 99...weedon's unprecedented streak of underhand throws even AFTER the Lions game precludes any discussion of parity between him and Hoyer. People don't realize that Weeds tried that underhand at least 2 more times after the Lions game but didn't result in int's....or completions for that matter.

You DO realize that Hoyer & Weedone played behind the same Oline last year?

The attempted underhand throws netted Weedone an interception and "0" completions, and you're wondering why this technique isn't more widely adopted by other NFL QB's?

You DO realize that Hoyer & Weedone played behind the same Oline last year?

Yes, Hoyer could manage that because he could actually read defense's and call plays that enabled him to get the ball out quick. He's the kind of qb that can look good taking a few steps, weedon isn't capable of that. That being said there are obviously throws that weedon is technically capable of making that Hoyer isn't if he's given the time to plant and throw after a 4 or more step drop. Something our line was incapable of giving him last year.

The attempted underhand throws netted Weedone an interception and "0" completions, and you're wondering why this technique isn't more widely adopted by other NFL QB's?

I'm not wondering that at all. I brought them up to highlight why Weedon isn't here anymore nor will do much anywhere else....because I can't think of a single qb that would repeat such a pass thinking I'll show these fans, this time it'll work. Which is exactly why I think Weedon tried it not once more not twice more but 3 times after. That's why there's no comparison to him and Hoyer and the above poster who made it....is on drugs.

Jerry is really pissed off they didn't get Manziel.

Could The Dallas Cowboys be this years Indianapolis Colts and try to trade for Manziel if things go sour with Romo? I'm being dead serious. I could see Jerry going after Manziel big time.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000387284/article/jerry-jones-damn-mad-about-missing-johnny-manziel?campaign=Facebook_atl_wesseling

Just wait till the 119.5Mil$$ QB goes down with another back injury. You think he's mad now? :mad: Just wait. It's more likely than not. :D

what is he, 34 or something....why they gave him that kind of contract at that age with a bad back is beyond me.....

romo's not a bad qb, but he's one hit away from the end of his career....

Jerry is really pissed off they didn't get Manziel.

Could The Dallas Cowboys be this years Indianapolis Colts and try to trade for Manziel if things go sour with Romo? I'm being dead serious. I could see Jerry going after Manziel big time.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000387284/article/jerry-jones-damn-mad-about-missing-johnny-manziel?campaign=Facebook_atl_wesseling

Um- from that article- "Larry Lacewell, former Cowboys' head of scouting from 1992 until 2004, compared the draft decision to the Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus turning down the opportunity to bring in the "biggest elephant" of them all." Damn- LOL, of course I was right- the Circus came to Cleveland instead.

Guess Jerry felt compelled to make up for it by bringing in Michal Sams. There is some justification for it- because the Cowboy's D is a train wreck.

Um- from that article- "Larry Lacewell, former Cowboys' head of scouting from 1992 until 2004, compared the draft decision to the Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus turning down the opportunity to bring in the "biggest elephant" of them all." Damn- LOL, of course I was right- the Circus came to Cleveland instead.

Guess Jerry felt compelled to make up for it by bringing in Michal Sams. There is some justification for it- because the Cowboy's D is a train wreck.

Hoorta, what is the Browns Backers bar in Dayton?

I actually ate sushi there tonight at a place in "The Greene" called Choes and it was better than 95% of the Sushi I had in LA. No lie.

Hoorta, what is the Browns Backers bar in Dayton?

I actually ate sushi there tonight at a place in "The Greene" called Choes and it was better than 95% of the Sushi I had in LA. No lie.

As of the moment, it's Tuty's on Airway Road. There's also a party at Ron's Pizza in Miamisburgh. http://www.bbgd.com/

The Greene really does have some exceptional eateries. I'm far from thrilled about the layout- but if you're into steaks Flemings is way up there in quality.

Da Browns should play that crazy Jerry Jones like the Patriots would play crazy old Al Davis.

Here's a guy with Brandon Weeden as his #2 and he is kicking himself that he didn't get Johnny Scramble.

Make that crazy guy pay through the nose for Johnny Scramble and get then a QB that does not have to jump before he throws.

Good idea. We can trade Johnny for the Cowboys number one and two. Since we have Buffalo's number one and we will probably go 1 and 15 next year after Brian Hoyer gets hurt and we go to battle with Rex Grossman we will have 3 high number 1 picks.

We might possibly even have the number one overall! Then think how happy you will be when they draft JaMarcus Winston or Marcus Leinart.

Of course by 2015 will have a new front office and coaching staff so...

WSS

As of the moment, it's Tuty's on Airway Road. There's also a party at Ron's Pizza in Miamisburgh. http://www.bbgd.com/

The Greene really does have some exceptional eateries. I'm far from thrilled about the layout- but if you're into steaks Flemings is way up there in quality.

Tuty's? My brother was on Recruiting duty for the Marines and lived on Wright Patterson AFB housing right down the road from there. We went there one night and got drunk. Right behind his house was a wooded area where he used to walk his dog. It smelled funny there and later turned out the Air Force and buried a bunch of toxic waste there and it became am EPA Super Fund clean up.

I think Big Ego Jerry is just covering his ass in case JFF is great.......But dont think he'll be trading for him...

If he makes a big trade that is more than a #1 pick now, when he COULD have had him at #15, then he'll look like an ass......and

If JFF turns out to be great, and he passed on him, then he'll also look like an ass......BUT

If he says he wanted to pick him and 'someone else' convinced him to make a different pick.....THEN he can say I told you so......

Thus securing his self image as being the smart one.....

• Upvote 1

I think Big Ego Jerry is just covering his ass in case JFF is great.......But dont think he'll be trading for him...

If he makes a big trade that is more than a #1 pick now, when he COULD have had him at #15, then he'll look like an ass......and

If JFF turns out to be great, and he passed on him, then he'll also look like an ass......BUT

If he says he wanted to pick him and 'someone else' convinced him to make a different pick.....THEN he can say I told you so......

Thus securing his self image as being the smart one.....

Genius analysis Mudfly... Just genius....

Lol...

Yup... plus it's get him in the spotlight for another 15 minutes, which is really what Jerry is about...

Just makes sense to me....

....and he's the only GM in the NFL that can say these things without fear of being fired.......

....and he's safe because no one on the Cowboys is dumb enough to say otherwise....

Of course, now that he has opened his yapper, he has to hope JFF is good in Cleveland.....cause if he sucks.....welllll.....