THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonathan Paul Manziel

Adoug319

Fun new game....... Is the following quote about JF or Tim Tebow??

"and _ _ _ _ _ _ came on to score 13 points in five possessions. _ _ _ _ _ did not have a great completion percentage (6-for-17) but did make plays with his feet."

It's clearly about Michael Vick as a rookie.

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

damn. i wish they had mr. hero here. all we got is shitty subway or a local bodega run by egyptians that couldn't make a sandwich unless they have pita bread.

and no Fing arbys god doggit. man i miss arbys.

There was a Mr. Hero on State Rd. just south of Snow Rd (still is last I was there). Once upon a time I loved Hero's sausage tunnel sandwiches with cheese and mushrooms... would pick one up on way to my folks' place from Hopkins.

Arbys on the other hand blows now... only good thing I can say about Arbys is that the original one from my youth (near the intersection of Pearl and York roads) is now East Coast Custard... amazing stuff, reminiscent of the soft serve at Euclid Beach Park (R.I.P.)...

The perfect snickers commercial for Johnny woulda been him sitting in the green room at the draft eating a snickers. NOT GOING ANYWHERE FOR AWHILE???

LMFAO... new funniest post in my book...

arbys has sandwich called the "mountain of meat'

geoffmm.jpg

2 chicken tenders

1.5 oz. of roast turkey

1.5 oz. of ham

1 slice of Swiss cheese

1.5 oz. of corned beef

1.5 oz. brisket

1.5 oz. of Angus steak

1 slice of cheddar cheese

1.5 oz. roast beef

3 half-strips of bacon

son of a bitch.

Tour nothing beats a couple of beef and cheddars on the way home from the bar. just tip the cab driver nice.

arbys has sandwich called the "mountain of meat'

geoffmm.jpg

2 chicken tenders

1.5 oz. of roast turkey

1.5 oz. of ham

1 slice of Swiss cheese

1.5 oz. of corned beef

1.5 oz. brisket

1.5 oz. of Angus steak

1 slice of cheddar cheese

1.5 oz. roast beef

3 half-strips of bacon

Looks like a 'Man versus Food' sandwich.

It seems to me that when JM runs to his right, his throws are fairly accurate. When he scrambles to his left, his throws are erratic and off target. Anybody else notice this?

That observation was duly noted by every in-depth scouting report on Manziel before the draft- in fact, I quoted it in April. :)

So look for every NFL defense to try and knock the ball out of JF's hands when scrambling or running- and force him to roll left whenever possible. Ain't Rocket Science.

that's when he actually runs and gets away from the pocket. i saw him twice go forward into the line and then try to break free..once he did and completed a pass, once he didn't and got the ball slapped out of his hands. we have yet to see someone actually tee off on the guy, meanwhile he hung out johnson to dry on a floater down the middle of the field where he got his helmet knocked off without a call. thin ice in october.

After watching a replay of the Carolina Squeelers game, the latter squids

have another cheapshot the qb at the knees player on defense - this time, it

was Williams.

Went in low, not blocked low at all, and went for the qb's knees, below the knee.

Manziel needs some time to grow and learn. He said it himself - he learned a lot

during his time in the last preseason game - made mistakes he won't make again.

So, good for the Browns that they are working on a package to get him in the games at times,

but starting?

That's bs. He isn't ready - he said so himself, to start against the squeelers.

man I can just see how this season is gonna pan out. Hoyer is gonna struggle at time cause he doesn't have shit to throw to and the line is gonna act like a subway turnstile all season long. Dude is gonna get sacked and throw int's and by the 3rd or 4th game we're calling for JF. It's the same record being played over and over and over again. How many times do we have to do this? JF should be #3 on the depth chart simply because nobody should want to see the possible future of this franchise take the beating that has been the punchline from the entire NFL about Cleveland. Guarantee if JF plays any meaningful time this year he's looking off the tackles first before looking downfield ala Tim Couch.

It seems to me that when JM runs to his right, his throws are fairly accurate. When he scrambles to his left, his throws are erratic and off target. Anybody else notice this?

Actually I've seen him throw some very crisp passes across his body rolling left... when he can throw the ball on a line to his target.

What I have noticed is that left, right or standing still he's had issues when he has had to put touch on the ball.

I'm not knowledgeable about qb arm mechanics, I actually didn't realize that JF had a 3/4 like delivery until it was talked about. Question is to those that do know....does that type of delivery make the deep ball hard to throw? When he had to put real air under the ball it came out awful. Would it absolutely ruin a young kid if they tried to make him throw more overhand? If our power running game pans out we're gonna need a qb that can throw over the top of stacked defense's. If those wobbles are what happens when a 3/4 guy throws deep under pressure...that doesn't bode well for him. Cause he will be under pressure on virtually every snap here in Cleveland..as he's already found out.

I'm not knowledgeable about qb arm mechanics, I actually didn't realize that JF had a 3/4 like delivery until it was talked about. Question is to those that do know....does that type of delivery make the deep ball hard to throw? When he had to put real air under the ball it came out awful. Would it absolutely ruin a young kid if they tried to make him throw more overhand? If our power running game pans out we're gonna need a qb that can throw over the top of stacked defense's. If those wobbles are what happens when a 3/4 guy throws deep under pressure...that doesn't bode well for him. Cause he will be under pressure on virtually every snap here in Cleveland..as he's already found out.

It doesn't preclude you from throwing over the top, Phillip Rivers and Bernie Kosar throw/threw beautiful deep balls with a 3/4 delivery.

They're tall though. My concern with Manziel is getting that ball out of the pocket with 6'6' linemen closing in on him.

I think Manziel throws a good deep ball and has nice arm strength, he is just too raw for the NFL game as we saw the preseason. No consistency with his delivery, I am sure they are working on that.

Zombo

Good summary of the sidearm thing... adding that, no, you do not change it...

FWIW I don't think it's an issue of "mechanics"... it's a head issue.

Even those with true over the top deliveries sometimes tend to drop to 3/4 when attempting to throw deep bombs. Brees is guilty just as JF is.

A 3/4 delivery isn't "wrong". It's just another delivery method.

Most kids aren't taught proper mechanics and from a young age begin throwing 3/4 because it feels more natural. Trying to force a different delivery forces JF to consciously think about his body movement while trying to simultaneously process what's happening around him and that's when mistakes get made.

The reason he was throwing ducks isn't because of his delivery method, it's because he was strong arming it. His tempo was off, his mechanics were falling apart and he was throwing all arm rather than planting, driving and using his entire body. Nearly all of his passes seemed to be slung rather than thrown and that's why they looked the way they did.

A nice lesson I learned about reviewing tape from many different coaches - ball don't lie. When your mechanics are off, the ball shows it. Passes where the nose of the ball is off kilter and pointed slightly up indicate arm throws, a weak grip and open shoulders. If the nose is pointed down, you're likely using too much wrist and your throwing from a closed position.

The reason he was throwing ducks isn't because of his delivery method, it's because he was strong arming it. His tempo was off, his mechanics were falling apart and he was throwing all arm rather than planting, driving and using his entire body.

Is "strong-arming" a "touch-pass" is not nearly as oxymoronic as it seems at first blush?

Is "strong-arming" a "touch-pass" is not nearly as oxymoronic as it seems at first blush?

Yeah, it does seem a bit oxymoronic.

To clear up what I mean, I don't mean he was trying to put strength behind the pass, I mean that he was purely using all arm and nothing else.

Yeah, it does seem a bit oxymoronic.

To clear up what I mean, I don't mean he was trying to put strength behind the pass, I mean that he was purely using all arm and nothing else.

Got ya...

I was clearing up what seemed on the surface to be a disagreement between what we were seeing... Not that that would be a bad thing... or a first... :)

idk if any of you guys realize this but hoyer is garbage. He is weeden-esque and its going to show come sunday. Weeden would've won those games that brian won

The difference between Hoyer and Wheezy is only slightly less than the difference between yours and an intelligent post...

Archived