THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonathan Paul Manziel

Adoug319

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And did anyone notice the tattoo on Johnny's arm? Was that a real tattoo? It almost looked like a Snickers tattoo.

I was thinking about getting a tattoo of the midget on Fantasy Island.

A tattoo of Tattoo?

Nice.

The perfect snickers commercial for Johnny woulda been him sitting in the green room at the draft eating a snickers. NOT GOING ANYWHERE FOR AWHILE???

As a matter of fact can they just name that green room the Nfl "snickers" green room??

i liked what i saw from manziel tonight but there were a couple of times where he just ran into the middle of traffic trying to figure out what to do. sooner or later if he keeps doing that he'll get popped, bad.

if he wants to be our future QB he needs to stay healthy.

and hoyer is? Hoyer caught a lucky streak last year, one of the games he won he threw 3 picks. People act as if hes amazing but in reality he is average. Manziel should be thrown to the wolves and allowed to work through the growing pains. Its the only way. You don't get better by sitting on the bench, hoyer can attest to that.

Worked ok for this guy called Aaron Rodgers

damn. i wish they had mr. hero here. all we got is shitty subway or a local bodega run by egyptians that couldn't make a sandwich unless they have pita bread.

and no Fing arbys god doggit. man i miss arbys.

arbys has sandwich called the "mountain of meat'

geoffmm.jpg

2 chicken tenders

1.5 oz. of roast turkey

1.5 oz. of ham

1 slice of Swiss cheese

1.5 oz. of corned beef

1.5 oz. brisket

1.5 oz. of Angus steak

1 slice of cheddar cheese

1.5 oz. roast beef

3 half-strips of bacon

Manziel had a not so good night. I've seen far better passes from him over the years. And he just got his single game passing record at Texas A&M broken by soph Kenny Hill with 511 yds in a 52-28 rout of #9 South Carolina in their home stadium. And his LT had a superior game protecting his blind side.

Manziel had a not so good night. I've seen far better passes from him over the years. And he just got his single game passing record at Texas A&M broken by soph Kenny Hill with 511 yds in a 52-28 rout of #9 South Carolina in their home stadium. And his LT had a superior game protecting his blind side.

Kevin Sumlin is magic man. That guy is the next big head coach.

Manziel IS A BUST

He is Colt McCoy revisited. Too small, slow release, dim witted-dullard.

Hoyer is a quality QB and if he had some weapons would be deadly effective. The Browns TOTALLY wasted a pick on this turd. He will never be a starting QB in the NFL.

The Browns FO are idiots for not taking a quality WR in the first round. You don't sit a #1 QB? Hey, bring back COush and Quinn. you probably LOVE those homos.

1. Manziel has never taken a real live NFL snap in actual game that matters

2. Dim witted dullard? Are you a fucking 1843 Novelist?

3. Couch would have been decent with an offensive line bro

Nice troll Vesna. this fish don't bite.

A&M pays Sumlin $5 mil/year just so the pros leave him alone. He has a young family that he wants to raise in a small town atmosphere which was part of the reason he took the contract extension despite NFL offers.

It does not hurt to have the best O lineman in college ball and a Jr. starting center who is Bruce Matthews's son and younger brother to #6 overall Jake. Hill waits for Mike to identify everything going on defensively and completion of line play calls before he takes the snap from center. Hill knows everything going on by listening and watching his center while he also looks over the D. It sure helps that the son of an all-pro is running that O line. Well schooled to say the least.

Manziel IS A BUST

He is Colt McCoy revisited. Too small, slow release, dim witted-dullard.

Hoyer is a quality QB and if he had some weapons would be deadly effective. The Browns TOTALLY wasted a pick on this turd. He will never be a starting QB in the NFL.

The Browns FO are idiots for not taking a quality WR in the first round. You don't sit a #1 QB? Hey, bring back COush and Quinn. you probably LOVE those homos.

I thought we convinced zombo to give you your name back. Either way I'll say this in regards to your trolling. Johnny has got balls that Quinn and colt and weeds never had. I think he'll develop into a real weapon if they take the right approach to him which is letting him develop at a realistic rate and don't throw his ass in the fire too soon.

McFadden... how can this guy play cb in college and the pros, and still

face away from the ball when it gets there, and commit stupid penalties like he does?

I wonder if he isn't all that smart a player, or, he doesn't care anything except playing

his own "game"...

I don't know. My guess is, he gets cut maybe. There are other small cb's who play smarter.

No surprise here, Hoyer was the right qb to start. But Manziel shows he has "IT". But it's too soon for

him just yet. This kid has a great attitude, and he is SMART. And he loves the game.

Manziel says he took a step forward, admitted making mistakes he won't make again, and learning..a lot.

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/media-center/videos/Manziel-Today-Was-A-Big-Step-For-Me/9e5096a2-ab75-4869-8dbb-ac9b06f3e20e

Heard an interview with Gabriel, wr, this kid surely is a cinch to stay on the roster. He says he studied Hawkins'

youtube videos...and now is delighted to play on the same team with him. He can play, bigtime.

Reports are, that the offense LOVES this offense playbook, but it takes some time - it's complicated.

This defense is going to be great. Kirksey is a very special player - really great draft pick, eh?

They played the runs wide a lot better. The whole team played a lot better.

Crazy - it's going to be real tough when they start cutting players off the roster at several positions.

Gilbert is terrific, but needs to learn. He's a rookie. But I think he'll be great.

Bitonio is awesome. Stepped in and owned OG.

How does Crowell not make the roster? Don't think about putting him on the practice squad. He's gone.

Same thing for Connor Shaw, I suppose, but he'll surely end up there anyways.

After all the knee jerk negativity around here - I think the Browns will be ready to play the squeelers,

after it started all coming together last night. Hope it continues, eh?

This entire thread is a ridiculous strawman argument.

The reason QB's start day1 is because their team doesn't have another QB worthy of starting who could allow him to develop.

Rivers could sit behind Brees.. so he did.

Bradford, Alex Smith, RG3, Eli Manning, Manuel, Tannehill, Stafford, and Dalton were all drafted to teams that didn't have anyone even as good as Hoyer on the roster.

Good enough to start day1 with no learning curve? Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck. It's not a bad thing to not be a once-in-a-decade QB.

Nice troll Vesna. this fish don't bite.

A&M pays Sumlin $5 mil/year just so the pros leave him alone. He has a young family that he wants to raise in a small town atmosphere which was part of the reason he took the contract extension despite NFL offers.

It does not hurt to have the best O lineman in college ball and a Jr. starting center who is Bruce Matthews's son and younger brother to #6 overall Jake. Hill waits for Mike to identify everything going on defensively and completion of line play calls before he takes the snap from center. Hill knows everything going on by listening and watching his center while he also looks over the D. It sure helps that the son of an all-pro is running that O line. Well schooled to say the least.

hill had a great game....most of the time he just waited for one of a&m's wr's to get open and threw them the ball (obviously it's not that simple, you still have to put the ball in their hands).....that's a great strategy with those receivers....together, they're much better than last years receivers and are as good or better than what a&m had in 2012....speedy can be the new swope....if the OL stays strong and the receivers stay healthy the aggies are going to pass for a ton of yards this year....i wish the browns had this kind of receiving talent....it wouldn't matter that much who the QB is....

wanted to add that the staff made the right decision in picking hoyer as the starter. tonight he looked sharp and got rid of the ball fast and on the money with zip.

manziel's arm is not even close to hoyer's.

Yes, it was good to see the Hoyer we grew to love last year, but let's not go overboard...

JM has the stronger arm... BH just uses his better right now...

Manziel had a not so good night. I've seen far better passes from him over the years.

The passes JM threw after reacting to pressure or on the move by design seemed crisper in general.

The passes where he was static and had time... not so much... wobbly... off-target...

Looked to me like JM is still just thinking too much when he has time to think. What are you seeing?

"The passes JM threw after reacting to pressure or on the move by design seemed crisper in general.

The passes where he was static and had time... not so much... wobbly... off-target...

Looked to me like JM is still just thinking too much when he has time to think. What are you seeing?"

I think his style is to be on the move, so it's more instinctual to throw on the run.

Damn Did that all from memory :) I thought I had it. Anyway the basic point from it all is, I just dont see how Johnny sitting behind Hoyer ( a career back-up ) will help him learn anything other than how to be a career back-up.

Thanks for all those corrections Zombo but for what its worth Im still at 12 cuz I didnt count Vick since he probably isnt stating anyway

You're forgetting once in a great while- that "career backup" turns out to be better than that. There was a long article posted here a few months ago detailing not only why Hoyer was a career backup (yeah- backing up a lock first ballot HOFer in Brady) but also explained why the Steelers and Cardinals released him. Only negative there is Bill B rarely makes mistakes on guys he's cut. It's also not out of the realm of possibility a quarterback who's played poorly for years finally "gets it" in his late 20s- Jim Plunkett comes to mind.

can we stop this argument now? can we drop it? Dude showed tonight why we drafted him but he also showed why he's categorically not ready to start. If something were to happen to Hoyer I want Grossman in there before JF.

I was going to put AG's comment in here- but I second the motion. JF made some great plays- had plenty of totally lousy throws on long balls too. I cringed on that high throw that almost got one of our wrs (can't remember the name) killed.

This entire thread is a ridiculous strawman argument.

The reason QB's start day1 is because their team doesn't have another QB worthy of starting who could allow him to develop.

Rivers could sit behind Brees.. so he did.

Bradford, Alex Smith, RG3, Eli Manning, Manuel, Tannehill, Stafford, and Dalton were all drafted to teams that didn't have anyone even as good as Hoyer on the roster.

Good enough to start day1 with no learning curve? Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck. It's not a bad thing to not be a once-in-a-decade QB.

Good point. All those immediate rookie starters played for teams that didn't have one worthy of the name .It would be interesting to look up who they beat out in training camp, but I'm too lazy to do the research.

Fun new game....... Is the following quote about JF or Tim Tebow??

"and _ _ _ _ _ _ came on to score 13 points in five possessions. _ _ _ _ _ did not have a great completion percentage (6-for-17) but did make plays with his feet."

"The passes JM threw after reacting to pressure or on the move by design seemed crisper in general.

Looked to me like JM is still just thinking too much when he has time to think. What are you seeing?"

I think his style is to be on the move, so it's more instinctual to throw on the run.

Agree.

He will be better when he does not have to think so much.

Archived