THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonathan Paul Manziel

Adoug319

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You don't draft someone in the 1st round for them to sit on the bench to a career backup and nobody named Brian Hoyer. Brian Hoyer is decent at best, but is he really the future\? PUt in manziel and throw him vs dick lebeaus defense. Dick lebeau is severely overrated, tim tebow beat him. Our team is down and out, we lost josh gordon and mike pettine is a horrible coach. Put in manziel and let him get the rookie rust off, because hoyer isn't winning us games, our defense will if anything. Jason Campbell is a better qb than brian hoyer, manziel is a better qb than brian hoyer, connor shaw is a better qb than brian hoyer.

Hopefully the preseason game tommorow will open eyes when brian hoyer looks terrible vs 3rd stringers.

and hoyer is? Hoyer caught a lucky streak last year, one of the games he won he threw 3 picks. People act as if hes amazing but in reality he is average. Manziel should be thrown to the wolves and allowed to work through the growing pains. Its the only way. You don't get better by sitting on the bench, hoyer can attest to that.

He fuck your wife?

Yup. Aaron Rodgers got progressively worse by sitting on the bench. I hear he is out of the league now.

Rodgers is only one of a few success stories in today's NFL that had to sit before he started. But he sat behind Favre, Hoyer ( and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong ) is a far cry from Fave. Lets go over them shall we.

AFC North

Cincy - Dalton - day one

Balt - Flacco - day one

Pitt - Ben came in later as a rookie, Maddux started

Clev- Hoyer CAREER BACK-UP

NFC North

Det - Stafford - day one

Chi - Cutler - came in later as a rookie, Plummer started

Minn - Castle - career back-up

G.B. - Rodgers - Sat 4 years behind a Hall Of Famer

AFC South

Indy - Luck - day one

Jax - Henne - pretty sure he didint start as a rook and is basically a career back-up

Hou - ??????? Who knows what they are doing down there. Jeesh we think its rough here.

Tenn - Locker - came in later as a rookie, Hasselbeck started

NFC South

N.O. - Brees - day one

Car - Cam - day one

Atl - Ryan - day one

T.B. - McCown - career back-up

AFC East

N.E. - Brady - came in later as a rookie, Bledsoe Started

Miami - Tannehill - day one

Jets - Vick - day one, Smith - came in later as a rookie, Sanchez started

Buff - Manuel - day one

NFC East

Wash - RGIII - day one

Giants - Manning - day one

Dallas - Romo - sat 3 years behind Bledsoe

Phi - Foles - Came in later as a rookie, Vick started

AFC West

Den - Manning - day one

K.C. - Smith - day one

S.D. - Rivers - sat one year behind Future Hall Of Famer Brees

Oak - Schaub - Started as a back-up to Vick in Atl for a few years before gettin to start.

NFC West

Seattle - Wilson - day one

S.F. - Cap - came in later as a rookie, Alex smith started

Ari - Palmer - sat one year behind John Kitna in Cincy

Rams - Bradford - day one

15 of the 32 starting QB's in the NFL today all started their first game on opening day of their rookie seasons. The time of sitting your 1st round drafted QB are long gone. We needed to start Johnny and let him grow with the team on the field. not grow with the number 2's in practice. I personally think not doing so is a mistake by Pettine and will only slow Johnny's growth down. Obviously if almost half of the starters in the NFL have achieved this than it works. Almost a 50% chance of success. Couch has probably been our best QB since our return And outside of Weeden he is the only one we have let just go out there and play from day one. I guess its a either piss or get off the pot scenario for me. I say we absolutely should have went with Johnny

N.O. - Brees - day one

NO ... sat entire first year behind Flutie

AFC East

NO ... Sat behind Chandler first year

NO ... took over for Warner week 10

AFC West

K.C. - Smith - day one

NO ... backed up Tim Rattay to start the season

15 of the 32 starting QB's in the NFL today all started their first game on opening day of their rookie seasons.

NO ... you are down to 11 of 32 with some quick fact checking

Damn Did that all from memory :) I thought I had it. Anyway the basic point from it all is, I just dont see how Johnny sitting behind Hoyer ( a career back-up ) will help him learn anything other than how to be a career back-up.

Thanks for all those corrections Zombo but for what its worth Im still at 12 cuz I didnt count Vick since he probably isnt stating anyway

Rodgers is only one of a few success stories in today's NFL that had to sit before he started. But he sat behind Favre, Hoyer ( and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong ) is a far cry from Fave. Lets go over them shall we.

AFC North

Cincy - Dalton - day one

Balt - Flacco - day one

Pitt - Ben came in later as a rookie, Maddux started

Clev- Hoyer CAREER BACK-UP

NFC North

Det - Stafford - day one

Chi - Cutler - came in later as a rookie, Plummer started

Minn - Castle - career back-up

G.B. - Rodgers - Sat 4 years behind a Hall Of Famer

AFC South

Indy - Luck - day one

Jax - Henne - pretty sure he didint start as a rook and is basically a career back-up

Hou - ??????? Who knows what they are doing down there. Jeesh we think its rough here.

Tenn - Locker - came in later as a rookie, Hasselbeck started

NFC South

N.O. - Brees - day one

Car - Cam - day one

Atl - Ryan - day one

T.B. - McCown - career back-up

AFC East

N.E. - Brady - came in later as a rookie, Bledsoe Started

Miami - Tannehill - day one

Buff - Manuel - day one

NFC East

Wash - RGIII - day one

Dallas - Romo - sat 3 years behind Bledsoe

Phi - Foles - Came in later as a rookie, Vick started

AFC West

Den - Manning - day one

K.C. - Smith - day one

S.D. - Rivers - sat one year behind Future Hall Of Famer Brees

Oak - Schaub - Started as a back-up to Vick in Atl for a few years before gettin to start.

NFC West

Seattle - Wilson - day one

S.F. - Cap - came in later as a rookie, Alex smith started

Ari - Palmer - sat one year behind John Kitna in Cincy

Rams - Bradford - day one

15 of the 32 starting QB's in the NFL today all started their first game on opening day of their rookie seasons. The time of sitting your 1st round drafted QB are long gone. We needed to start Johnny and let him grow with the team on the field. not grow with the number 2's in practice. I personally think not doing so is a mistake by Pettine and will only slow Johnny's growth down. Obviously if almost half of the starters in the NFL have achieved this than it works. Almost a 50% chance of success. Couch has probably been our best QB since our return And outside of Weeden he is the only one we have let just go out there and play from day one. I guess its a either piss or get off the pot scenario for me. I say we absolutely should have went with Johnny

You're pretty late to the party. And you are very boring.

Yeah, heaven forbid his celebrity might raise the Browns national brand awareness in a commercial spot for National brands in a BROWNS jersey...

National Brand Awareness ... lol.

WIN

Do you think anybody would give two shits about the Pittsburgh Steelers or New England Patriots is they were consistent bottom dwellers? No. Not even if they had a "celebrity" as their backup quarterback.

Everyone needs to chill the fuck out and let Farmer & Pettine build a winner from the ground up. Then we will have all the "National Brand Awareness" in the world regardless of any celebrities on our bench.

Zombo

damn. i wish they had mr. hero here. all we got is shitty subway or a local bodega run by egyptians that couldn't make a sandwich unless they have pita bread.

and no Fing arbys god doggit. man i miss arbys.

You're in NY, I figured there would be some Italian deli ran by some sweaty fat guy who would hook up you up with 2 pounds of meat on a Sub.

Archived