THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonathan Paul Manziel

Adoug319

If you don't think he would be an immediate upgrade over every QB we have had since the return you are a fool. I am actually a big fan of Hoyer getting a fair shot here but Romo is far from a loser. You stick him out there with Gordon, Cameron, a number 2 WR we draft and there would be fireworks.

He IS an upgrade, but ROMO is a LOSER

sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I know he's under a big contract, I didn't start the rumor ... just saying the Browns would be crazy not to take him if they were offered.

Romo at QB, a RB like Tre Mason, a few uprgrades here and there and we have as much or better talent than anyone in the division.

Zombo

Before the latest back surgery I would've taken Romo in a heartbeat as our QB. There would have to be some concern now though when you're talking about a 34 year old dude with 2 back surgeries and how long can he stay healthy.

I agree. Screw Romo...just take Johnny Football.

I want Johnny.....I think he will be one heck of a QB.

This team has taken QB's with trade ups.........Quinn

They have taken QB's #1.......Couch

They have taken QB's who "LOVED" the Browns FRYE

CAN THEY FINALLY GET "THE" QB this time

Here's another thing that's subtle yet extremely important. Manziel is a big name who is going to get what I call the superstar QB treatment. What I mean by that is the Bradys and RG3 get calls (see the bullcrap call when NE played us). That type of treatment can have a HUGE impact on a game whether it's right or not. The duds we keep drafting are reffed entirely different.

I love this place. Year after year, we have a crappy QB. A big name comes up and everybody says NO WAY he sucks... he's a loser... he's this age.... whaaaaa whaaa whaaa. Then every year when the season starts we enter with THE worse QB in the league. LOL Do you not see that maybe you should change your thinking? Romo would lead this team to a playoff. Yes, next season. You all would throw that away for another 2-14 season. LMAO

I love this place. Year after year, we have a crappy QB. A big name comes up and everybody says NO WAY he sucks... he's a loser... he's this age.... whaaaaa whaaa whaaa. Then every year when the season starts we enter with THE worse QB in the league. LOL Do you not see that maybe you should change your thinking? Romo would lead this team to a playoff. Yes, next season. You all would throw that away for another 2-14 season. LMAO

Romo has led the Cowboys to EXACTLY ZERO shit in the past 3 years

Here's another thing that's subtle yet extremely important. Manziel is a big name who is going to get what I call the superstar QB treatment. What I mean by that is the Bradys and RG3 get calls (see the bullcrap call when NE played us). That type of treatment can have a HUGE impact on a game whether it's right or not. The duds we keep drafting are reffed entirely different.

It could also happen in the reverse.

I would rather have Hoyer and Johnny Football as QB. I've had all the Weeden and Campbell I can stand. ugh.

Personally I'd release Weeden and Campbell then I'd draft two QBs in the first round. Take whichever QB that has the highest rating at 4 overall. I'd then trade the pick from the Colts(which will probably be within the last 4 picks in the first round) and whatever else it would take to move back up into the top ten of the draft and select the next highest rated QB. The point being that they both couldn't bust. I'm sick of the QB carousel shit, sick to death of it. Fix it, get it done. We're never getting any further as a franchise until it's settled.

Anyway that's what I would do. I might even bring in Tebow for one last hurrah. Go into the season with something like...

1)Hoyer

2)Manziel

3) Broyles, Carr or McCarron

4)Tebow

Somebody's gotta fucking pan out. That right there is 100 times better than another Weeden/Campbell campaign.

I agree with some here that Romo would be an immediate upgrade and, perhaps, offer the Browns a legit chance to make the playoffs.

However, Romo has shown an uncanny ability to, um, "mis-play" the game in big moments. That skill, coupled with his back surgery, makes me run away from him as fast as I can.

I would rather have Hoyer and Johnny Football as QB. I've had all the Weeden and Campbell I can stand. ugh.

Personally I'd release Weeden and Campbell then I'd draft two QBs in the first round. Take whichever QB that has the highest rating at 4 overall. I'd then trade the pick from the Colts(which will probably be within the last 4 picks in the first round) and whatever else it would take to move back up into the top ten of the draft and select the next highest rated QB. The point being that they both couldn't bust. I'm sick of the QB carousel shit, sick to death of it. Fix it, get it done. We're never getting any further as a franchise until it's settled.

Anyway that's what I would do. I might even bring in Tebow for one last hurrah. Go into the season with something like...

1)Hoyer

2)Manziel

3) Broyles, Carr or McCarron

4)Tebow

Somebody's gotta fucking pan out. That right there is 100 times better than another Weeden/Campbell campaign.

I do like the 2 QB idea. But the second QB should come in the third round. Be it McCarron, Brett Smith, Garappolo, Boyd, or hell maybe Guiton later. Get an extra mobile QB to groom for Manziels backup.

1.Hoyer

2.Manziel

3. Smith

I want Johnny.....I think he will be one heck of a QB.

I think he will be on IR by Game 8.

This team has taken QB's with trade ups.........Quinn

They have taken QB's #1.......Couch

They have taken QB's who "LOVED" the Browns FRYE

CAN THEY FINALLY GET "THE" QB this time

Sure you want "THE GUY" who is 100% about the guy? Didya know Manziel wants to copywrite "Johnny Football"? Screw him and the ESPN media circus he's certainly going to bring along. Who's on the fast track to the Pro Bowl, the nice quiet Andrew Luck, or Mr. Subway RGIII?

I have to admit, Canton Mike is starting to convince me about Manziel being the great pick.

Johnny does have that fire, fierceness, love for the game, competitiveness and toughness, and

bigtime football smarts.

Although, I still wonder if Manziel is better off playing in a dome. Look at his college schedule.

Plays southern teams. How does he function in Nov and Dec in the swirling winds and snow

and rain in a northern open air stadium? Can he still be Manziel the escape artist? Can he

make the required throws vs the wind ?

In college, he almost always played in nice weather. That won't happen even if he is drafted

by a team with a dome. Throwing into tight windows in those conditions?

I don't know. But I can't really be all in with Johnny Manziel just yet, because it's too much fun to

make jokes and disagree with Canton Mike over the phone. :)

The arguments ARE fun...especially because I always win!!! ;)

Mike

Here is a pretty interesting article breaking down stats on the top 4 QB prospects this year.

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cfb/45952/349/2014s-quarterback-conundrum

Nice breakdown. so based on stats, anyone but Carr. Personally, I put Manziel as the highest injury risk- he's already gotten dinged a few times in college. So for me that means Bortles or Bridgewater.

It would be dumb not to brand the name if it has value. I don't see how you view that as a negative.

As for the IR comment.....possibly so. I suppose you could say that about any player in the league, but I understand your point. No doubt we would need to coach him and maybe bring Terry Francona in for a few days to make sure the kid knows how to slide.

Archived