THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonathan Paul Manziel

Adoug319

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not alarmed but,wouldnt be surprised...you cant fault the team for sending scouts...It's what just about every scouting department does..

Yup... you always have to be looking for your next QB...

As for Manziel I hope they saw what I saw... McCarron.... and more Mathews boys...

Yup... you always have to be looking for your next QB...

As for Manziel I hope they saw what I saw... McCarron.... and more Mathews boys...

If I was the Browns GM, I'd pick Mccarron over Manziel or Bridgewater. He comes from a winning program that plays in the toughest division in CFB and excels in high pressure games, he is well versed in an NFL-level offense, has great presence in the pocket, and is a highly accurate thrower.

If I was the Browns GM, I'd pick Mccarron over Manziel or Bridgewater. He comes from a winning program that plays in the toughest division in CFB and excels in high pressure games, he is well versed in an NFL-level offense, has great presence in the pocket, and is a highly accurate thrower.

I agree. I like him as well.

This Saturday was the first time that I had watched Johnny Manziel play and the first time in a long time that I was rooting for Alabama to win a football game. I really wanted to see Alabama pound this punk into the ground. Well I have done a 180 on this kid. I knew about his mobility but I had no idea his arm was that good. I am really looking forward to seeing more of him.

On another note holy crap that Mike Evans is a beast. He catches the ball like Moses Malone grabbing a rebound.

LOL.... most everyone else is heading the other way on Johnny.

True on Evans at the college level, but his speed and agility look questionable and he'll need more than jumping ability at the next level.

The days of R.C. Owens are way behind us.

Peter King reported that on Saturday the assistant GM for the Browns was at Texas A&M scouting Johnny Manziel. Now while he may be good at A&M I don't think Manziel is the only one we should be looking at. His counterpart also played a masterpiece of a game. A.J. McCarron is in a more pro ready system at Alabama. He's shown up in a lot of big games to include a BCS title game. He does not have the Heisman allure that Johnny Football has but; he looks like a winner to me. Thoughts?

LOL I just posted a similar thread. My bad guys.

I would be totally against a Manziel draft pick. I think he's a punk who is going to turn into Ryan Leaf in the pros. The dude can't get through an offseason in college without getting in trouble. What's going to happen when a team puts $50 million in his pocket and turns him loose.

McCarron would be interesting. I'm still more in favor of Boyd from Clemson if we're talking QB's.

Not seeing Leaf... more of the next Flutie, but with an attitude... or Tarkenton, if you go back that far.

Peter King reported that on Saturday the assistant GM for the Browns was at Texas A&M scouting Johnny Manziel. Now while he may be good at A&M I don't think Manziel is the only one we should be looking at. His counterpart also played a masterpiece of a game. A.J. McCarron is in a more pro ready system at Alabama. He's shown up in a lot of big games to include a BCS title game. He does not have the Heisman allure that Johnny Football has but; he looks like a winner to me. Thoughts?

Pretty much wrote the same thing in the other "scouting Manziel" thread...

Plus it's not too early to start scouting the Mathews boys...

Not seeing Leaf... more of the next Flutie, but with an attitude... or Tarkenton, if you go back that far.

Unfamiliar with the Mathews Boys. Could you fill me in? I saw the other thread after I posted this one. My bad. Point is IMO McCarron is the better pick out of the two. More Pro Ready and not a single character issue yet. Taj Boyd is another interesting pick but I'd take Alabama's competition and system as what gives McCarron a slight edge. Not really sold on Bridgewater either. While he may wind up being good. I'd much rather pull someone from a more competitive conference.

Agree with you and it's not the first duplicate post ever made here...

The Mathews boys (there are two at A&M right now) are more branches of the Clay, Sr., Clay Jr. (our Mathews of yesteryear) and Bruce (the HOF great from the Oilers/ Titans) NFL Family tree. They started a graphic in Saturday's broadcast, but had to cut away from it before it showed the full lineage.

Bruce was perhaps the best O-lineman I have ever seen play due to being all-pro at two (or maybe three???) positions. I think there are both Bruce's kids:

75 Jake Matthews OL 6-5 305 Sr. 3L Missouri City, Texas (Elkins)

56 Mike Matthews OL 6-2 285 So. 1L Missouri City, Texas (Elkins)

Missouri City is SW of Houston. Elkins HS is a perenial powerhouse...

I'm comparing Manziel to Leaf because he's already got all the questionable character issues, just like Leaf had at Washington State.

I think he's a punk with a very questionable attitude. Putting $50 million in his pocket isn't going to help that. He also just looks to be small.

Oh those Matthews. I wasn't thinking you were referring to them. Well why not? But one of these QB need to be picked up next season.

They were there specifically for manziel

Maybe but they had to have seen what McCarron was doing too.

I want nothing to do with either of those guys with our first pick. My top 3 as of now...

1.Teddy Twatwater - Louisville

2. Brett Hundley - UCLA

3. Tahj Boyd - Clemson

Throw in Marcus Mariota, too. Guy is an athlete and could be huge in the league. He threw for 450 against Tennessee this weekend.

But maybe I'm a bit biased now because I saw him run train on my beloved UVA in person a week ago.

Read this today but heard about it on the SNF pregame show last night.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1775892-johnny-manziel-reportedly-considered-undraftable-by-many-teams?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national

As much as I want Weeden to succeed I don't believe the Front Office is going to stick with him next year. I do believe we will be drafting another QB this year. Drafting someone that our current Front Office wants, not someone who was a holdover from a previous regime.

The big name QBs that seem to be coming out are;

Teddy Twatwater

AJ McCarron

Tahj Boyd

Johnny Manziel

UCLA QB

Oregon QB

Archived