THE BROWNS BOARD

So much winning...

jbluhm86

1 hour ago, Clevfan4life said:

yeah im just trolling....butt..trade is complicated steve. one thong that isnt talked about os our reserve status. id bet my left nut alot of these trade imbalances are in part at leadt the result of the u.s giving countries a sweet deal so that nobody even thinks about going off the dollar. trump can negotiate hard ball all he wants but if a number of countries mention perhaps dotching the dollar, it woukd have to be a significant number of countries colluding, but if they did that.....u would watch ur president, the man u voted for, performing explicit homosexual acts on live global tv. macron would get a thumb in his butt. because trump knows that would be the end of us. i listened years ago to the ceo of a fortune 500 company who may have had a few too many before he blurted to thevroom the u.s would go to war with the entire world if they ditched the dollar. the nearly free capital and credit that many u.s corporations enjoy would come crashing down over night. the u.s would instantly lose its place on the world stage.

No doubt, I can't help but agree with a lot of that. As a matter of fact that's the basis of my theory about the Iraq War. It wasn't that we cared about weapons of mass destruction, even though I have no doubt Saddam had some and deep six them while he pulled Hans Blix around by his pekar, but because he was planning on trading the world's second largest oil Reserve in euros. Guess why are only allies were the English who don't use the euro but the pound sterling? And guess why are two biggest European adversaries we're so against this war? Germany and France stood to gain the most buy a switch in currency.

WSS

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

No doubt, I can't help but agree with a lot of that. As a matter of fact that's the basis of my theory about the Iraq War. It wasn't that we cared about weapons of mass destruction, even though I have no doubt Saddam had some and deep six them while he pulled Hans Blix around by his pekar, but because he was planning on trading the world's second largest oil Reserve in euros. Guess why are only allies were the English who don't use the euro but the pound sterling? And guess why are two biggest European adversaries we're so against this war? Germany and France stood to gain the most buy a switch in currency.

WSS

I personally think ur dead right about the Iraq war. I don't remember germany and france being against the Iraq war tho, I thought we had a pretty big coalition against saddaam. But I don't doubt that a lot of euro countries would have been more than happy to have the euro go full global reserve. This is why im concerned about Trumps strategy. The trade war with gyyynaaa? long overdue...im all onboard with him there. Glad to have read tho that congress is going against him on the alleviation of the ZTE regulations. But still, overall...it's about fukking time one of our fukking presidents addressed the blatant intellectual property theft that China essentially just says "hey that's our business model deal with it or kick rocks". But we have to maintain our leverage against China. If we have multiple concurrent wars china's just gonna wait us out. Take the soybean farmer from Dayton....it might be possible for those guys to find other buyers for their soybeans, maybe not get as much or nto the same volume as selling to china, but it would be "something".....if we're at war with Canada, Mexico, the EU etc, etc....where are those guys gonna dump those beans? Me personally if I was a farmer i'd look into growing other sht...but these modern farmers they all wanna grow one single commodity....EZ mode. 

2 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Well I wouldn't doubt there's room for negotiation somewhere down the line but as far as you're concerned is our only option to allow ourselves to be taken advantage of?

WSS

see how they're all colluding steve? that was to my earlier point about fighting one front at a time. if he had just picked the fight with gynna this would be moot. we cant win an intergalactic trade war and trumps gonna end up with cok in his mouth on live tv

37 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

see how they're all colluding steve? that was to my earlier point about fighting one front at a time. if he had just picked the fight with gynna this would be moot. we cant win an intergalactic trade war and trumps gonna end up with cok in his mouth on live tv

Again it isn't betrayed War yet, and my guess is it's not likely to be. If I'm wrong you can do the superior dance. But of course the MSM is going to announce its a trade war no matter what happens and they will holler that we are in Peril of the depression. That's their job and it's the lefties job to parrot that.

But you did make a previous point about Chinese and intellectual property. Yes.

Check out this website. I know that they are blatantly copying Martin guitars and Rickenbacker's write-up in the fukking open. Here are some more.

http://www.tvbdp.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=35

and the company i worked for just recently had their prime intellectual property given by a major local company thats one of the biggest in thevworld, to a chinese firm so they could reverse engineerbthe product and sell it to said american company cheaper. they were taken to court and they lost, but it was indicative that alot of american companies fuk over their suppliers like this. 

10 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

those are chinese made geetars?

They have to be. Photographs of Les Paul Gretsch Stratocaster Telecaster you name it all for around a hundred bucks some sort of complicated rigmarole as to ordering so it might be some other kind of scam. They don't mention Chinese but the fake Rickenbacker is do. They're just Chinese copies sold for a fraction of what they would actually cost. Not sure what the scam is, maybe stealing credit card information or non-delivery of something too good to be true or just selling garbage. I do know a guy that bought a fake Chinese Les Paul that he can actually play after a little tweaking. And a lot of these Chinese knock-offs actually have made in the USA on them. 

But if they're doing that I have no doubt they're selling DVDs music any other number of fake American Products.

WSS

WOSU: Chinese Tariffs Could Cut Ohio Farmers' Income By More Than Half

An Ohio State study finds that some Ohio farmers could lose more than half of their annual income if a threatened 25 percent tariff goes into effect on soybeans and corn sent to China.

Ohio State researchers compiled data from six Ohio corn and soybean farms to create a representative Ohio farm that grows corn and soybeans.

They estimate that the proposed 25 percent tariff on exports to China would mean a 59 percent loss in annual net income to a typical Ohio farmer. Projections show income would drop from $63,577 to $26,107, under the tariffs. That is based on historical trends in yields on corn and soybeans, and projections for price drops in both commodities.

Soybeans are Ohio’s largest crop and the state’s top agricultural export.

China threatened the tariffs after President Trump proposed 25 percent tariffs against Chinese exports like washing machines and medical products. Earlier, China retaliated against tariffs on steel and aluminum with limits on U.S. pork.

That move also hit hard at Ohio farmers, who producce $600 million in pork products annually. But soybean tariffs would prove more devastating: They're Ohio's top crop, and China is the state's best buyer.

The study predicts that, across Ohio, the loss of soybean exports to China would be an estimated $241 million annually. Every year, Ohio exports about 31 percent of the soybeans and 2 percent of the corn it produces to China.

Ohio State says this is the first study on the impact of soybean and corn tariffs on the state.

"There are farmers who are struggling across the state," said Ben Brown, manager of Ohio State’s College of Food, Agricultural, and Environmental Sciences, in a press release.  "If the proposed tariffs go into effect, we're going to have farmers who will have to exit the industry."

The financial losses come from an expected drop in Chinese demand for U.S. soybeans and corn, under the proposed tariff.

1 hour ago, jbluhm86 said:

obamaocare directly interfered with the workings of companies.

President Trump is actively trying to fix our gigantic give-away advantage trade deficit.

For example - American farmers can't sell, or not much at all - their goods to the EU.

Why? Because that gives the EU a giant advantage.

Cars going to china? china has always put well over a 200% tariff on our cars.

We only charge a ...2.5 was it? percent.

That is what we have to fix, and other presidents left it alone.

The time for us to play we-giveaway is over. It's something well over 800 BILLION

in trade imbalance in the red.

So, it might make you FEEL good, jblu, but the truth is, obamaocare legistlated companies, and

PRes Trump is trying to make our giant trade imbalances around the world fair to HELP companies.

woodypeckerhead translation:

"I'm so ignorant, all I can do is be a woodpecker with stupid one-liners to try to

participate in the forum, will You be my sex partner, Jblu?"

2 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

only in your perverted dreams, weirdo.

no u guys throat each other daily, thats a historic fact. now as to harley, they can blow me their bikes suck anyway. sadly i think victory folded, they made so much better looking bikes. heres hoping indian now makes up some more ground.

no, you still have it wrong. the fay woodpecker starts his crap in threads again, and only then do I

start explaining to him that he is a pitiful consistently ignorant changer of thread subjects.

then, he "learns" and stops for a while...

but something sickly? inside of him makes his beak start pecking again. He doesn't know anything about anything,

so he does is start up little bickering about posters, and not the subjects at hand. Maybe he has a learning disability.

That would explain a lot, along with being a gay bird maybe.

16 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

no u guys throat each other daily, thats a historic fact. now as to harley, they can blow me their bikes suck anyway. sadly i think victory folded, they made so much better looking bikes. heres hoping indian now makes up some more ground.

Buell is what is right with HD.

XB9SX with the full smoke finish, fork sliders, select seat, frame pucks and third eye bars...      Sexy.  

10 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

no, you still have it wrong. the fay woodpecker starts his crap in threads again, and only then do I

start explaining to him that he is a pitiful consistently ignorant changer of thread subjects.

then, he "learns" and stops for a while...

but something sickly? inside of him makes his beak start pecking again. He doesn't know anything about anything,

so he does is start up little bickering about posters, and not the subjects at hand. Maybe he has a learning disability.

That would explain a lot, along with being a gay bird maybe.

stop it woody knows more about alot of things than all of u put together, and he proves it daily. im not talking about his "opinions", those are his own and ur free to disagree. the problem is so many discussions start here on an errant foundation of facts. im not talking about msm supplued facts, i often see a blatant disregard for long established rules of classical physics. 

4 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Buell is what is right with HD.

XB9SX with the full smoke finish, fork sliders, select seat, frame pucks and third eye bars...      Sexy.  

the 2018 indian lineup gives me a legit halfie. polaris essentially merged the victory styling with the indian brand. too bad they're still as exp as harleys...ahh well. 

1 hour ago, Clevfan4life said:

stop it woody knows more about alot of things than all of u put together, and he proves it daily. im not talking about his "opinions", those are his own and ur free to disagree. the problem is so many discussions start here on an errant foundation of facts. im not talking about msm supplued facts, i often see a blatant disregard for long established rules of classical physics. 

Thanks, but slow down there. I'm completely serious when I say this, but we can't disregard the life experiences and knowledge that posters on here have gained. I'm admittedly less experienced, it's just a fact.

But I do think many here have been so warped politically that common sense goes out the window to tote the party line. Throw in a constant stream / echo chamber of misinformation / alternate facts and you get this as a result. All as a marketing tool to drive clicks and get advertisers. By providing content that reaffirms beliefs and goes for certain feelings. 

You're right though where there are posts where basic science or statistics is just clearly wrong. That's where literal established math is being shunned in order to promote the conclusion that feeds a pre established conclusion

CBS MoneyWatch: Canada tariffs on $12.6B of U.S. goods take effect

Canada has begun imposing tariffs on $12.6 billion in U.S. goods as retaliation for the Trump administration's new taxes on steel and aluminum imported to the United States. The tariffs went into effect Sunday. 

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau's government released on Friday the full list of items that Canada is targeting. Some U.S. products, mostly steel and iron, face 25 percent tariffs, the same penalty the United States slapped on imported steel at the end of May. Other U.S. imports, from ketchup to pizza to dishwasher detergent, will face a 10 percent tariff at the Canadian border, the same as America's tax on imported aluminum. 

President Donald Trump infuriated U.S. allies -- from Canada to Mexico and the European Union -- by imposing tariffs of 25 percent on imported steel and 10 percent on aluminum. Canadian Foreign Minister Chrystia Freeland said Friday they had no other choice and will not escalate the dispute, but also will not back down. She called the tariffs regrettable.

Trudeau on Sunday spoke in Leamington, Ontario, where he thanked Canadians for standing united against President Donald Trump's sanctions. He urged Canadians to "make their choices accordingly" in considering whether to buy American products.

The selection of Leamington, known as Canada's tomato capital, was deliberate. The town is home to a food-processing plant that supplies tomato paste and other products to French's, a major competitor of Kraft Heinz. Heinz left Canada and sold its Leamington plant in 2014, after 105 years of Canadian operations.