THE BROWNS BOARD

So much winning...

jbluhm86

26 minutes ago, JAFBF said:

Good stuff, plus still have more Trade imbalance negotiations with other Countries.

image.png.a335baa5af06a08ca8f798205a1e3e77.png

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018/05/trump-economy-sets-more-records-1st-quarter-profits-earnings-reach-all-time-highs-largest-monthly-surplus-in-history-far-left-media-silent/

This isn't the end of it, there's lot's more growth coming.

Articles like that go over better when the author doesn't clearly have a biased finger in his mouth. True or not, it's just so incredibly biased. 

4 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

True or not.

:lol:

WSS

I have no idea if it is. I didn't compare the claims in the article to the actual sources they provided, when they did actually provide them. Not to mention you have to look at whether the claims are actually relevant or they matter. Again, all of this should be looked at more carefully when an article is so openly biased.

But I realize that is lost on many here. As long as it is saying what you want to hear, it's good. All referring back to that propensity to believe fake news and religion being tied hand and hand. 

The article refers to a study posted on the Social Science Research Network written by a handful of researchers from Yale

And anything resembling critical thinking and academia is going to be inherently "anti religious". That's like saying the scientific method is anti-religious 

• 2 weeks later...

Business Insider: Trump looks prepared to kick off a trade war with the European Union

• The Trump administration will impose steel and aluminum tariffs on imports from the European Union, according to The Wall Street Journal.
  • The tariffs come after talks between the EU and US failed to produce an alternative trade deal.
  • The EU is expected to respond with tariffs on US goods, setting off a likely trade war.

Reuters: China vows to protect its interests from 'reckless' U.S. trade threats

“We urge the United States to keep its promise, and meet China halfway in the spirit of the joint statement,” Chinese Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Hua Chunying told a daily news briefing, adding that China would take “resolute and forceful” measures to protect its interests if Washington insists upon acting in an “arbitrary and reckless manner" China has said it will respond in kind to threats by Trump to impose tariffs on up to $150 billion of Chinese goods.

Bloomberg: Japan's Abe Hits Back at Trump's Plan to Slap Tariffs on Ally

""We’d consider going to the World Trade Organization" if the U.S. took steps to reduce imports, Abe said. In fact, Japan has already told the WTO that it may impose at least $264 million worth of tariffs on U.S. goods in retaliation for Trump’s tariffs on steel and aluminum imports, according to a notification to the WTO last week. Those levies have affected companies including JFE Holdings Inc. and Kobe Steel Ltd."

couple months ago i visited family in florida and we were staying at one of those big oceanside condo buildings thst litter the florida coastline. there was a farmer there vacationing with his family. he has a big operation down near dayton and while we were watchingbthe news down in the pool room he was shaking his head. he's a lifelong republican but he said flat out this is going to kill american soybean exports.

in the short term he said its going to be great for the consumer because we still have to run our land and amortize our equipment. so the supply will far outstrip demand now that u take china away. raise ur hands kids if u undetstand tbe basics of supply and demand pertaining to pricing....?

now i didnt tell hom tbis but my first tbought was....well try growing something else. drcades of constant corn and soybean growing has shtcanned the viability of american soil. but ur not going to tell farmers ez mode is over without a serious national plan in place. which of course trump would have no clue about

15 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Well when the Democrats take the Senate and or the house this full we can kiss any of that goodbye.

WSS

Yep, they want to repeal/raise Taxes, Open the Border, and put Illegals before Citizens - that's just for starters.

• Upvote 2

anyway...i was onboard with a mini trade war with china but now that stupid cnt is throwing canada and the EU in there. so essentially driving more business and investment to china and russia. does this make any sense? its like he's deliberately helping russia and china ascend. gotta deal with one country at a time. he's a drunk old man at a bar swing a broken beer bottle at anyone that walks past

Associated Press: EU to impose retaliatory tariffs on US imports from July

BRUSSELS (AP) —"The European Union on Wednesday announced it will start imposing duties from July on a list of U.S. products in response to President Donald Trump’s decision to slap tariffs on steel and aluminum imports from Europe...The EU says it will introduce “rebalancing” tariffs on about 2.8 billion euros’ ($3.4 billion) worth of U.S. steel, agricultural and other products, including bourbon, peanut butter, cranberries and orange juice...

...The EU — the world’s biggest trading bloc — has also taken its case to the World Trade Organization. If the WTO rules in its favor, or after three years if the case is still going on, the EU plans to impose further tariffs of 3.6 billion euros on U.S. products.

“The EU’s reaction is fully in line with international trade law. We regret that the United States left us with no other option than to safeguard EU interests,” Trade Commissioner Cecilia Malmstrom said in a statement."

WSJ: After Steel and Aluminum Tariffs, U.S. Allies Move to Coordinate Retaliation Efforts; Canada, Japan and the European Union look to step up pressure on Trump administration

-------------------

But, hey, trade wars are easy, right?

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/8/2018 at 6:52 AM, Westside Steve said:

Yes yes have the Democrats not always been the traditional tariff party? Protecting American Union jobs and all that? If nothing else it seems like that's been the rhetoric for a long time. I understand parties switch sides after an election.

WSS

yes, "strategic" tariffs. not sure they were ever for an all out trade war like trump is fixin for. im no expert but it seems the time for such a war was decades ago when we had more leverage. with burgeoning consumer markets in parts asia,india and perhaps russia....alot of these countries could potentially say fuk u donald and dump their products elsrwhere. the world doesnt "need" the u.s economy quite like it used to. if he's not careful he could blow us up harder than any russian nuke

2 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

yes, "strategic" tariffs. not sure they were ever for an all out trade war like trump is fixin for. im no expert but it seems the time for such a war was decades ago when we had more leverage. with burgeoning consumer markets in parts asia,india and perhaps russia....alot of these countries could potentially say fuk u donald and dump their products elsrwhere. the world doesnt "need" the u.s economy quite like it used to. if he's not careful he could blow us up harder than any russian nuke

Careful is probably a minor aspect of any plan. Murphy's Law. Remember the flood of crappy Japanese steel in the 70s? Remember when made in Japan was a joke? But sure as other countries develop their Manufacturing and farming capability there will be competition for what ever we have to sell. History didn't begin 5 years ago. 

WSS

1 minute ago, Westside Steve said:

Careful is probably a minor aspect of any plan. Murphy's Law. Remember the flood of crappy Japanese steel in the 70s? Remember when made in Japan was a joke? But sure as other countries develop their Manufacturing and farming capability there will be competition for what ever we have to sell. History didn't begin 5 years ago. 

WSS

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

WSS

"careful" is a minor aspect to a plan that could potentially affect over a 100m people? what?🤨

4 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

"careful" is a minor aspect to a plan that could potentially affect over a 100m people? what?🤨

Read the next two words. Murphy's Law.

The best laid plans gang aft agley. Plus it doesn't matter the level of care because the other side is going to hate everything about it no matter what. 

I have no doubt that there are dozens of people who are considered experts in this crap putting it together. Guarantee? Please.

WSS

no offense because this stuff aint common knowledge, but i dont think u undetstand nearly enough about this to fully grasp the consequences. like it or not we've laid a bed rock to our economy on these trade deals. i dont like alot of em, i agree "in theory" with alot of what trump says about our trade structure. ive said this numerous times that its about fukking time a president deals with this. i was all onboard with playing hardball with china.....but what i would consider sheer unadulterated madness is starting ww3 in trade. u deal with one trade block at a time.

i cant conceive of a beneficial outcome to starting a trade war with every single trading partner we have. we'll lose our leverage. china is going to see the tariffs that canada, mexico, the entire EU, the mars colony's etc,etc....put on us and they'll say to themselves we can wait the u.s out because they're going to get hammered by everyone else. does that make sense? and in the meantime short term what this insterstellar trade war is going to do to us might cause massive perturbations in our standard of living. if those countries band together and threaten the u.s dollar as the reserve what u think u have saved up in the bank right now will get hit like the hindenberg. prices will not immediately adjust. u ready to go a few days without food steve? u dont look like a guy kin to missing too many meals know what i mean?