THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns at Texans... Dec 2

Tour2ma

Just snagged a pair of tix thru Texans Ticketmaster in Section 639 - Row B for ~$104 per... all in. Not the best, but near where the Houston BrownsBackers will be concentrated.

Here's email from Jay Salzer, the local Space City honcho that i contacted after the schedule came out.

FYI - Single game tix for Browns @ Houston are on sale now.  We are encouraging Browns fans to sit in Section 638 and 637.  Let's turn those sections into BrownsTown USA!

See ya,
Jay  

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Just snagged a pair of tix thru Texans Ticketmaster in Section 639 - Row B for ~$104 per... all in. Not the best, but near where the Houston BrownsBackers will be concentrated.

Here's email from Jay Salzer, the local Space City honcho that i contacted after the schedule came out.

I have plans to make it.    I may need as many as 4 tickets, for myself, daughter, her  fiance? (status TBD)  and his brother.  

Is there a link on this?

Edit.  Did speak with my daughter, so right now we would be in for 4 tickets.

How is it that two years in a row, the game is AT Houston? I know last year we played against AFC South and this year Houston as the 4th in that Division, but what determines which games are home and away?

3 hours ago, Nero said:

How is it that two years in a row, the game is AT Houston? I know last year we played against AFC South and this year Houston as the 4th in that Division, but what determines which games are home and away?

Even worse, this time JJ Watts-Hisname is probably suiting up.

17 hours ago, hoorta said:

Near certain I'll be making the trip... Probably just myself... 

We can talk about rooming up together.  Probably be staying at a nearby Hampton....because I can get it cheap because of daughter's  Hilton connection.  She and boyfriend may be staying at his brother's house, as he lives in Houston.  I would only likely be there for Saturday/Sunday night....unless you think we should be there for Friday as well.

On 5/19/2018 at 11:04 AM, Flugel said:

And hopefully your famous orange drink.  That's some fun stuff right there...

I'll bring a bottle down. Hopefully we can tailgate with one of the groups- "The Bulls on McNeese" in the yellow lot. Very hospitable crowd of Texans fans last year. Unlimited Tito's vodka and beer.  :)  

On 5/19/2018 at 11:08 AM, The Gipper said:

We can talk about rooming up together.  Probably be staying at a nearby Hampton....because I can get it cheap because of daughter's  Hilton connection.  She and boyfriend may be staying at his brother's house, as he lives in Houston.  I would only likely be there for Saturday/Sunday night....unless you think we should be there for Friday as well.

Gip, looks like your board mailbox is full. I may just shoot you a regular email.  As Tour would say "it's complicated".   

On 5/19/2018 at 7:10 AM, Nero said:

It's all in the schedule formula, this stuff is set way in advance. 

I went to the game in Houston last year, one of the Browns worst performances of the season; we can't make it this year. Their stadium is pretty nice for a dome.

Tailgating should be better in November, cooler temps. 

17 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

It's all in the schedule formula, this stuff is set way in advance. 

I went to the game in Houston last year, one of the Browns worst performances of the season; we can't make it this year. Their stadium is pretty nice for a dome.

That game shall forever be known as "The Game That Kevin Hogan Broke PoG's Heart With His Noodle-Armed Interceptions". :lol:

On 5/19/2018 at 7:10 AM, Nero said:

Just a guess there Nero.  Since we were last in the division- We get the last place team in the AFC East (Jets) at home, last place AFC South (Texans) away.  Looks like the Steelers (first in the division) get the AFC East first place (Patriots) at home, first place AFC south (Jaguars) away. Same deal for the Ravens and Bengals on the home\away.  :)   

7 hours ago, hoorta said:

Gip, looks like your board mailbox is full. I may just shoot you a regular email.  As Tour would say "it's complicated".   

That's odd I haven't even used it. Nor have I even looked at it since the Browns board draft I will have to check

8 hours ago, Bob806 said:

Got that right! But Nov can be pretty rainy in H-town...

Update from Jay FYI...

Don't make your hotel reservation yet.  We are finalizing our negotiations with Holiday Inn NRG Med Center to be the official Browns Backer hotel at a special reduced rate.  The Holiday Inn is just 0.5 mile north of NRG Stadium and just a 20 min walk.  As soon as we sign the contract I'll let you know the price and reservation details.

We used this hotel last year and it worked out perfect - good rooms, good bar and packed with Browns fans!

Jay

IIRC this is where hoorta stayed last year.

Got that right! But Nov can be pretty rainy in H-town....

Update from Jay FYI...

IIRC this is where hoorta stayed last year. (Holiday Inn NRG) 

It was indeed. Not bad for the price, and you can throw a rock from the hotel into the stadium parking lots. LOL, if it was any closer, you would be IN the stadium parking lots. 

8 hours ago, hoorta said:

It was indeed. Not bad for the price, and you can throw a rock from the hotel into the stadium parking lots. LOL, if it was any closer, you would be IN the stadium parking lots. 

What kind of a price were they charging last year?

19 hours ago, hoorta said:

I got in and cleared out all those PMs.  Mostly it was stuff that said "you're up" from our Board Mock draft.  So, now I should have plenty of room in there.  But actually, if you have my email....I would prefer to do it that way, since I look at that every day.   One of the reasons my PM box was full is because I never really think about checking it. You should have my email, I think it is listed on my profile. If not, let me know.

TBG

On 5/17/2018 at 12:27 PM, Tour2ma said:

I don’t have any experience with NFL ticket purchasing, as the three games I have been to have been paid for by someone else. 

Anyone know if there is much fluctuation in price if tickets are bought way in advance or closer to the game? I’m seeing section 638 and 639 right now for 80-100 bucks. 

6 minutes ago, Comeonman said:

I don’t have any experience with NFL ticket purchasing, as the three games I have been to have been paid for by someone else. 

Anyone know if there is much fluctuation in price if tickets are bought way in advance or closer to the game? I’m seeing section 638 and 639 right now for 80-100 bucks. 

Again....what site are you going on....as it looks like I will need to snag 4 tickets. 

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

What kind of a price were they charging last year?

Don't quote me, 'cause I don't exactly remember. (Holiday Inn NRG) But looking at the booking sites, it's around $92+ tax, non game day. With a group rate, I suspect it will be in that price range. 

On 5/17/2018 at 1:27 PM, Tour2ma said:

Ah, if I'm spending money on airfare + hotel to go to the game, I'm not sitting up in the nosebleeds. Saw some sideline seats in the 100 level on StubHub\ Ticketmaster for under $200 bucks. 

37 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Ah, if I'm spending money on airfare + hotel to go to the game, I'm not sitting up in the nosebleeds. Saw some sideline seats in the 100 level on StubHub\ Ticketmaster for under $200 bucks. 

Well...if I am buying 4 tickets, which I have to do it seems....I am not wanting to spend that amount....so, nosebleeds it is.   By the way, those sections mentioned:  637 and 638....those are definitely nosebleeders as I took a look at the stadium seating chart.

14 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Well...if I am buying 4 tickets, which I have to do it seems....I am not wanting to spend that amount....so, nosebleeds it is.   By the way, those sections mentioned:  637 and 638....those are definitely nosebleeders as I took a look at the stadium seating chart.

52 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Nosebleed seats... That's an interesting term I'm going to save in my vocabulary!

11 minutes ago, Nero said:

Nosebleed seats... That's an interesting term I'm going to save in my vocabulary!

From what I understand, the term may have been brought to us by the same source that brought us:   "Jump the Shark".   i.e.  one Arthur Fonzarelli...aka  The Fonz.

The first documented use of the term was apparently in an episode of Happy Days.  (I did not know this before this):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nosebleed_section

Now, Nero, I have to ask....do you know what it means to "jump the shark"?

6 hours ago, Comeonman said:

Prices will fluctuate depending on how the home team is doing. If Houston gets their Sheet together and keeps their starters healthy, I would not count on the prices dropping...

Ticketmaster fees are as low as I found. Sometimes I've gotten better prices by calling Vivid Seats as sales folk sometimes have "incentives" they can offer, but this time I jumped on the Row B tix.

As for nosebleed... yup... they are up there, but what you give up in intimacy you gain in ability to see play development.

25 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Prices will fluctuate depending on how the home team is doing. If Houston gets their Sheet together and keeps their starters healthy, I would not count on the prices dropping...

Ticketmaster fees are as low as I found. Sometimes I've gotten better prices by calling Vivid Seats as sales folk sometimes have "incentives" they can offer, but this time I jumped on the Row B tix.

As for nosebleed... yup... they are up there, but what you give up in intimacy you gain in ability to see play development.

Yeah I learned that watching the OSU championship game in Jerry World. Felt like I was two miles up but was still able to see pretty well and could definitely see the whole play develope. 

And a good pair of wide angle 10X  binocs can put you in the huddle.:D

On 5/19/2018 at 10:06 AM, Flugel said:

Even worse, this time JJ Watts-Hisname is probably suiting up.

Hey Flugs, you know, after the 1999 season, this is the first upcoming season where I am actually getting the feeling of being left out if I don't make the effort to get to at least 1 game. It is starting to feel like we have a team again, you know what I mean, a team that has some potential and talent. I blasted you for pimping Sewage and Romeo, but always realized it was just your love for the Browns rearing its head. I really just never believed in those guys Tom, I just could not get into it.

One of my staples, or mantras, whatever the hell we call it was that I wanted guys longer on character, drive, passion over the analytical crap. I like overachievers. Kosar, Sipe, Brennan, Alzado V2.0, Joe D V 2.0, Nelsen, Calvin Hill V2.0..... and on it goes. This Mayfield kid is kind of up my alley. We added some buckeye talent, and for all my calling Dorsey, Dorkey....he has balls................ he didn't play it safe....he went out on a limb. He didn't trade down, he stood by his guns, and he picked talent based on his own set of values and standards.

If he fails, I won't turn on him. You know I liked Butch Davis as well. Still do. Dorsey is going to do this with passion, bullheadedness and a presence....Sashi wasn't that guy... although you have to give him credit for giving us picks.

This feels like what we should have been doing in 1999. If I am not full of schidt, an 8 win season is not that far fetched. I believe we will see Roethlisberger menaced this year. Not being able to double team Garrett every down, I am telling you, is going to be the finger in the dyke. I think the D is going to feast on QBS.

We got football again, Tommy..... we got football.

Archived