THE BROWNS BOARD

Great offseason

Westside Steve

Improved a lot & we still have only 9 players 28 & older (just 3 over 30). Factor in the addition of Todd Haley & things are definitely looking up.

Mike

1 minute ago, Comeonman said:

The best you can say of Shurmur is he is experienced? Yeah, that’s about right I guess. Honestly I couldn’t tell you if I’d rather have him or Hue coaching the team if I had to choose between only the two of them. 

shurmer for sure he seems to have a little more practice calling plays that said thank god hugh got stripped of that duty

2 hours ago, Canton Mike said:

Improved a lot & we still have only 9 players 28 & older (just 3 over 30). Factor in the addition of Todd Haley & things are definitely looking up.

Mike

And here is more good news!!!!! Howard Wilson says he's ready to go now!!

https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/Article/Howard-Wilson-intends-to-be-on-Browns-field-for-OTAs-coming-back-from-injury-118244816?utm_source=247Sports Newsletter&utm_medium=Newsletter&utm_campaign=180515_195714_Cleveland Browns&utm_content=Image&liveconnect=1B-C2-1E-69-15-F3-1E-26-47-C2-FB-AF-1F-3D-14-30180515_195714ClevelandBrowns

2 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

a 4th round pick from last year missed the entire season we drafted 2 cb's and added in f,a he is gonna have to ball out on special teams if he wants a roster spot

We're always substantially improved looking in May.

This year, however, is markedly different from the previous years.  We have Todd Haley instead of Hue running the offense and play calling.

We've brought in 3 offensive weapons in Tyrod, Landry & Chubb.  (I'm not counting Mayfield...but even if he DID play it'd still be 3 weapons as Tyrod would sit.  and Carlos Hyde is the new Crowell)

On D we are now to believe that Peppers will play his normal position due to the Kizer trade and the draft.  We get to play eleven on eleven.

...and of course, last but not least, we have the joker of the deck....Josh Gordon.  He could be anywhere from the pro bowl to a jail cell.

On paper, we're quite improved...although we're gonna need a little luck with the guys we brought in for the offensive tackle positions.

11 hours ago, LBC mike said:

I will shocked if we can win 4 games.  You can have all the talent but if the coach sucks the team will suck.   

Take Ben from Tomlin.Take Rogers from McCarthy.Take R.Wilson from P.Carol. How good are they as coaches when there are only 32 of them jobs? Am not even sure Pete Carrol had a full play call card before... R.Wilson run around for your life than just chuck it up :)..

14 hours ago, syd said:

shurmer for sure he seems to have a little more practice calling plays that said thank god hugh got stripped of that duty

The only draw back there is .. if Hue doesn't like a particular play call.. He reserves the right to nullify it.

15 hours ago, syd said:

I still say Pat Shurmer was the worst coach we've had. 

Hue's closing in though....no excuses this yer, on paper the team is improved.

15 hours ago, syd said:

a 4th round pick from last year missed the entire season we drafted 2 cb's and added in f,a he is gonna have to ball out on special teams if he wants a roster spot

He actually was a first rounder who dropped because of the knee injury. Not really a 4th rounder if he's as fully recovered as he says he is.

13 hours ago, Canton Mike said:

We may find ourselves with a real logjam at DB. Sort of a good problem to have.

Mike

We may have a steal here Mike.

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

He actually was a first rounder who dropped because of the knee injury. Not really a 4th rounder if he's as fully recovered as he says he is.

We may have a steal here Mike.

Hopefully not a repeat of that kid we drafted out of Oregon a couple years back. He was supposedly a first round talent as well before his injury. 

42 minutes ago, Comeonman said:

Hopefully not a repeat of that kid we drafted out of Oregon a couple years back. He was supposedly a first round talent as well before his injury. 

Do you mean Mayle?  Or are you talking about another position?

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

I forgot the kids name but he got hurt on a non contact drill leading up to the rose bowl vs Ohio State (good thing for him that he took out a insurance policy on himself for injury)

59 minutes ago, syd said:

I forgot the kids name but he got hurt on a non contact drill leading up to the rose bowl vs Ohio State (good thing for him that he took out a insurance policy on himself for injury)

OK, we are talking the DB, not the WR.

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Mayle is now a Raven..Only Ray Farmer would use a 4th round pick on a guy that breaks his thumb at the Senior Bowl in Jan. But didn't realize it was broken till late Feb. at Combine..sure we drafted him :huh: knowing it. A short stop at dallas, now a raven coming off concussion issues..  

21 hours ago, LBC mike said:

I will shocked if we can  can't win 4 games.  You can have all the talent but if the coach sucks the team will suck.   

MHO FIWY.

Archived