Sign in to follow this  
boo fagley

2018 NFL Offense rankings

From one of the worst to 10th best in one year? 

I wonder how they will rate the D with all those injured players back and major changes in the secondary?

10 hours ago, boo fagley said:

Not sure about the Browns WRs. I read that Coleman would be dealt for the right price.

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2018/05/nfl_rankings_which_teams_have_best_offensive_weapons_are_eag.html#incart_river_index

Maybe Coleman to the MLS? They don't use their hands there either.  :lol:

• Haha 1

10. Cleveland Browns

RB: Carlos Hyde, Duke Johnson, Nick Chubb (R)

WR: Jarvis Landry, Josh Gordon, Corey Coleman, Antonio Callaway

TE: David Njoku, Darren Fells

Adding Hyde and Landry to this group — not to mention quarterbacks Tyrod Taylor and Baker Mayfield — should make the Browns fun to watch, if nothing else. Hyde and Johnson will be an interesting duo, and Chubb could steal some carries too. If Gordon (and/or Callaway) stays out of trouble, this might be the most talented receivers group in the NFL. 

It is OK to think like this, people.

I know getting your meager hopes beat down every year has been hard ... but you can't tell me that our offense doesn't look promising. If we get Left Tackle settled, we are down right dangerous with Todd Haley throwing down with this group every Sunday.

Zombo

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, boo fagley said:

Not sure about the Browns WRs. I read that Coleman would be dealt for the right price.

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2018/05/nfl_rankings_which_teams_have_best_offensive_weapons_are_eag.html#incart_river_index

2nd best in the AFCN, not too bad.

This coupled with a good O line, and a solid more mature D...don't see how the experts or anyone else just assume the browns will be garbage again.

15 minutes ago, StinkHole said:

This coupled with a good O line, and a solid more mature D...don't see how the experts or anyone else just assume the browns will be garbage again.

Fuck you, Asshole.

Zombo 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Upvote 1

While I'd like to get my hopes up as much as the next guy, I'm not sure what the value is of an offensive ranking that ignores the most important component, the QB.

2 hours ago, hish747 said:

While I'd like to get my hopes up as much as the next guy, I'm not sure what the value is of an offensive ranking that ignores the most important component, the QB.

Somehow I don't think this did ignore the QB.    Reasoning?   they rated the Patriots #5 overall:

New England Patriots

RB: Rex Burkhead, Jeremy Hill, Sony Michel (R), James White

WR: Julian Edelman, Chris Hogan, Jordan Matthews, Cordarrelle Patterson

TE: Rob Gronkowski 

Without Tom Brady....this group is lower quartile in my opinion

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Somehow I don't think this did ignore the QB.    Reasoning?   they rated the Patriots #5 overall:

New England Patriots

RB: Rex Burkhead, Jeremy Hill, Sony Michel (R), James White

WR: Julian Edelman, Chris Hogan, Jordan Matthews, Cordarrelle Patterson

TE: Rob Gronkowski 

Without Tom Brady....this group is lower quartile in my opinion

It's amazing how a team always with a roster of no-names stays good for so long.

6 hours ago, hish747 said:

Taylor is about 100 times better than Kizer.

11 hours ago, StinkHole said:

Steelers are still king of the hill, but the Browns are going to give them trouble.

10 hours ago, boo fagley said:

Steelers are still king of the hill, but the Browns are going to give them trouble.

If you look at that predictive link, they say we start the season 4-2 and beat the Stealers in the opener. But from that point on they predict 1-9. Very strange.

53 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

If you look at that predictive link, they say we start the season 4-2 and beat the Stealers in the opener. But from that point on they predict 1-9. Very strange.

I agree.

Browns are due vs the Steelers and Ravens, but not the Bengals? Browns are going .500 in the division at least. The Chiefs have speed? On defense? Eric Berry is a stud but who else on the defense is so good?

Browns still aren't done - still looking.

They are going to be a very, very, very different, more successful football team.

They'll take the division by storm.

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2018/05/browns_1.html

Browns claim OL Anthony Fabiano and Avery Gennesy via waivers

17 hours ago, StinkHole said:

So they still have us having the number one pick in the draft next year ..... Nick Bosa ?

7 hours ago, darren15 said:

So they still have us having the number one pick in the draft next year ..... Nick Bosa ?

Bosa Vs. O.Brown Jr.(Ratbirds next up LT) 

added bonus, Baker Vs. D.Ward 

A Double Feature of the future..Myles Garrett Vs.Austin Corbett

3 sacks by Garrett. Not a bad day. Corbett and Garrett will help each other improve in practices. Got away with a few holds there. But not many.

9 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Corbett and Garrett will help each other improve in practices. Got away with a few holds there. But not many.

there's no holding watching game tape;).With Corbett redshirting as a freshman, both were Sophomores..1)Man, is Garrett fast on two good ankles. 2) Bob Wylie will not be letting a 300 lb. LT try to lunge roll block out a NFL DE below the waist. That don't work as tape shows..Corbett's cleaned some of that up in later tape. Am at his 3rd game last season..Thomas & Gentry up next.  

On 5/16/2018 at 11:12 AM, calfoxwc said:

Browns claim OL Anthony Fabiano and Avery Gennesy via waivers

I was surprised when we let Fabs go...