Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Westside Steve

Pluto video shotgun vs under Center

Recommended Posts

Josh Rosen is the one that took snaps under center.  Picking Mayfield is knowing that he's got that whole drop back while surveying the field thing to ingrain.  He's going to need time watching and working with, TieRod.

Spending time running the 'scout' team would be a good thing for him this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Orion said:

Josh Rosen is the one that took snaps under center.  Picking Mayfield is knowing that he's got that whole drop back while surveying the field thing to ingrain.  He's going to need time watching and working with, TieRod.

Spending time running the 'scout' team would be a good thing for him this season.

Yes we've seen the "throw the rookie to the wolves approach" to break in a new quarterback with 0-fer results. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Yes we've seen the "throw the rookie to the wolves approach" to break in a new quarterback with 0-fer results. 

Agreed but it didn't need to be that bad. They divested themselves of any veteran talent adding an extra impediment to the kids development.

WSS

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Agreed but it didn't need to be that bad. They divested themselves of any veteran talent adding an extra impediment to the kids development.

WSS

True, "a rising tide lifts all boats" hopefully the entire product on the field will help to show results in all areas. The BROWNS should be done with top 5 draft picks for awhile too.....hopefully. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And here is my question for the new OC. Will he start to adapt at least some of the college game to the pro game to take advantage of two mobile QBs like TT and BM?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

And here is my question for the new OC. Will he start to adapt at least some of the college game to the pro game to take advantage of two mobile QBs like TT and BM?

He has had BR as his trigger for a long time...and before that Matt Cassell.   So, yes, this will be a big change for him.   Let's see how he adapts. While both of them were mobile within the pocket, they were neither the scramblers that Taylor and Mayfield seem to be. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Agreed but it didn't need to be that bad. They divested themselves of any veteran talent adding an extra impediment to the kids development.

WSS

If they had any REAL sense they'd have kept this veteran quarterback that you speak of in the fold and Kizer wouldn't have HAD to play at all.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Orion said:

If they had any REAL sense they'd have kept this veteran quarterback that you speak of in the fold and Kizer wouldn't have HAD to play at all.

Exactly. As it was there are only two options, obvious blatant tanking of the season or outright stupidity. 

WSS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Exactly. As it was there are only two options, obvious blatant tanking of the season or outright stupidity. 

WSS

Or both.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

or outright stupidity. 

WSS

I'm going with number B.  :)

....New grownups in charge now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×