THE BROWNS BOARD

Best Conceal Carry Pistol

TexasAg1969

Cal-the LC-9s comes either standard with the thumb safety or "pro" without. It also will not fire with the magazine out, but I think the "pro" will. I've been through about 150 rounds with it now and with not only 115 gr range ammo, but Speer Gold Dot 115 gr, Ranger (Win) 147 gr,  and some 124 gr Rem. Hydrashok. No noticeable differences and I found the slide/spring action absorbs most of the kick without ever having any round hang up or fail to feed, even with some of the 20+ y.o. stuff I was sending through it. Trigger pull is excellent. It comes with a 7 rd single stack mag, but you can get the extended 9 rd ones if you want more. Love this pistol and Rugers are very reliable.

EDIT-also does not look or feel "clunky" like others of similar barrel length. Everything is rounded off and it's only .9 in. wide so easily concealable under T-shirts with an inside the belt holster.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will take a close second and third look at the lc-9 - I usually wear a strip belt holster.

The Sig 320 intrigues me, but there was a recall over the trigger - at a certain degree, dropped, it would fire -

but the military trigger didn't - just the stock trigger. The M&P whatever 2.0 intrigues me, but I think it's a bit

big for ccw. Sometimes I think if I injured my hand or arm, I'd want to be able to fire with one hand. Has to fit my hand "perfectly",

not much recoil - I think if I had to shoot more than once, it's tough to be accurate when the gun kicks more than usual.

On 6/5/2018 at 8:03 AM, TexasAg1969 said:

In Texas the LTC (License to Carry) allows you to openly carry anything so that would be fine here. That being said I would never do so because I'd rather it be a "surprise" for any idiot that decides to pull a gun on me. That is also why I purchased a 9mm that looks like a toy. I don't want to be taken seriously until AFTER the first shot.

That being said I'm jealous of that Browning Steve. Very nice pistol. I'm still sorry my grandfather's Browning 20 gauge semi-auto shotgun went to my younger brother.

Open carry is nice in some ways kind of like a rattle snake the don't come near me because I'm dangerous  -but- a bad guy would know that and fire first at his best opportunity. 

CCW is nice for what it was intended a way to eliminate a bad guy with a gun or just get you or yours out of a bad situation. Kind of the NRA credo along with other gun issues and rights.

5 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

I will take a close second and third look at the lc-9 - I usually wear a strip belt holster.

Just stay away from the first version of LC9 and stick to the striker fired LC9s. The old one had some problems that conversion to striker fired cured.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/11/jeremy-s/gun-comparison-ruger-lc9-vs-lc9s/

good point - buying used doesn't impress me much - I'd rather buy the latest quality, etc. 

Here's a write up on different guns I have respect for -

https://www.usacarry.com/top-picks-9mm-concealed-carry-pistols/

32 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

good point - buying used doesn't impress me much - I'd rather buy the latest quality, etc. 

Here's a write up on different guns I have respect for -

https://www.usacarry.com/top-picks-9mm-concealed-carry-pistols/

I gave serious consideration to the S&W M&P Shield as a second option also because of the reliability factor & price. Usually those MSRPs are beaten substantially by local gun shops that don't have the huge overhead of a larger chain sporting goods store. My Ruger was listed MSRP around $499, but I got it for $285 plus tax. That S&W was listed MSRP $569 and the same store sells it for $482 plus tax. The final reason I went with the Ruger is the adjustable rear sight to move the aiming point L or R if needed. All the rest without lasers had fixed sights if I recall correctly. Plus it was thinner than all the others & lighter weight. I thought about the Glock , but my son has a Glock 23 .40 cal and I just did not like the feel of it. Plus the price seemed like robbery  to me.

Archived