Sign in to follow this  
TexasAg1969

Best Conceal Carry Pistol

15 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I totally agree with DH. Thousands because it's not only Nazi, but is a rare weapon on top of that. That guy was trying to take you or he's an idiot.

This will give you an idea about how much a less rare Luger pistol is worth and then figure rare on top of that. Real collectors will pay more than you would ever think.

https://www.thefirearmsforum.com/threads/whats-my-dads-1942-p08-german-luger-worth.110047/

Well....one place was a pawn shop....and no doubt they would try to rip you off.  But the other was supposed to be a firearms expert. And he is the one that said it was only worth 2-300 dollars. 

So....let me know when one of you is willing to pay me 3K for it;)

Here is what is being asked for a WWII Mauser and if you look at the pics, there is a lot of rust on it.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/770010574

"Asked" is not the same as "paid".  I saw a number of them in ebay that they were asking 2-3 K  for.   Did not see where anyone ever bid close to those figures though. 

On 5/17/2018 at 6:41 PM, TexasAg1969 said:

I totally agree with DH. Thousands because it's not only Nazi, but is a rare weapon on top of that. That guy was trying to take you or he's an idiot.

This will give you an idea about how much a less rare Luger pistol is worth and then figure rare on top of that. Real collectors will pay more than you would ever think.

https://www.thefirearmsforum.com/threads/whats-my-dads-1942-p08-german-luger-worth.110047/

On the last Wednesday night at the Range they had a show on the Lugers, the rare ones are worth a nice fortune, with matching numbers a huge fortune.....for a handgun. 

9 hours ago, The Gipper said:

"Asked" is not the same as "paid".  I saw a number of them in ebay that they were asking 2-3 K  for.   Did not see where anyone ever bid close to those figures though. 

Send me the serial numbers PM and I'll ask a reputable dealer/trader I know in Austin. If it's $10,000 I'll pay you the $3,000 and come get it myself. LOL!:lol:

Any rust on it anywhere or is it still in decent shape?

Any other markings including Caliber, maker, any dates or numbers and exactly what the Nazi marking looks like (size, etc.) would be of help as well. Does it still have the original strap or any magazines that go with it?

Send me the serial numbers PM and I'll ask a reputable dealer/trader I know in Austin. If it's $10,000 I'll pay you the $3,000 and come get it myself. LOL!:lol:

Any rust on it anywhere or is it still in decent shape?

Any other markings including Caliber, maker, any dates or numbers and exactly what the Nazi marking looks like (size, etc.) would be of help as well. Does it still have the original strap or any magazines that go with it?

I will have to look at it closely for the stuff you want.:  numbers etc.  No rust to speak of...still in good shape   It has a couple of the Nazi insignias, that are very very small. But no strap or magazines.

The Lugers were very finely machined and assembled German pistols and rather expensive  which don't lend themselves well to major war efforts. Most people think of WWII when talking about lugars or the bad guys in movies but they go well back from that.

The Pistole Parabellum—or Parabellum-Pistole (Pistol Parabellum), commonly known in the United States as just Luger[4]—is a toggle-locked recoil-operated semi-automatic pistol produced in several models and by several nations from 1898 to 1948. The design was first patented by Georg Luger as an improvement upon the Borchardt Automatic Pistol, and was produced as the Parabellum Automatic Pistol, Borchardt-Luger System by the German arms manufacturer Deutsche Waffen- und Munitionsfabriken(DWM).[1] The first production model was known as the Modell 1900 Parabellum.[1] Later versions included the Pistol Parabellum Model 1908 or P08 which was produced by DWM and other manufacturers such as W+F Bern, Krieghoff, Simson, Mauser, and Vickers;[5] The first Parabellum pistol was adopted by the Swiss army in May 1900. In German Army service, the Parabellum was later adopted in modified form as the Pistol Model 1908 (P08) in caliber 9×19mm Parabellum.[1] The Model 08 was eventually succeeded in and partly replaced by the Walther P38.

The Luger is well known from its use by Germans during World War I and World War II, along with the interwar Weimar Republic and the postwar East German Volkspolizei. Although the P.08 was introduced in 7.65mm Parabellum, it is notable for being the pistol for which the 9×19mm Parabellum (also known as the 9×19mm Luger) cartridge was developed. Because of its association with Nazi Germany, the pistol has been used in fictional works by many villainous characters over the past several decades........

Not exactly a good concealed carry gun but great for serious collectors. 

Interesting that the Ruger I just bought requires the "Luger" 9mm round. I have some older "Black Talon" rounds left to keep in it for concealed carry. They don't make those anymore. Winchester replaced it with PDX1 Defender in regular or +P. But the old Black Talon was a hollow point round that had 6 little "talons" that split and expanded outward from the core of the bullet. Vicious little round.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Talon