THE BROWNS BOARD

Highlights of the Chubb We Need

Flugel

Revised 70s lyrics "He ain't heavy - he's just Chubb-B."  This Bulldog doesn't even break stride or slow up when he's running through people half the time.  Last time I saw a RB that big who could jet 4.5 forties coming to Cleveland it was Clemson's Kevin Mack.   He was named Offensive Rookie of the Year and paired up well with Earnest Byner as we started frequenting playoffs.  In 85, both guys rushed for over 1000.  I could see Chubb working well in tandem with Hyde.  In 86, RB Herman Fontenot came in on 3rd downs and added 47 receptions and multiple first downs which Duke could provide. 

I'm anxious to see how Chubb does, particularly in the passing game. Gotta love his power.

Nice RB room this year.

Mike

13 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

If that serious injury from his past doesn't have any long term effects then it should be a very solid pick

Get four good seasons out of him, let him walk, next man up. 

I'm excited to see him... I think hes more elusive than Barkley.. While Barkley might be faster... This kid (Chubb) loonks stronger...

4 minutes ago, nickers said:

I'm excited to see him... I think hes more elusive than Barkley.. While Barkley might be faster... This kid (Chubb) looks stronger...

Yeah. I think he looks more powerful than Barkley to break through the initial contact.

Mike

1 hour ago, Canton Mike said:

I'm anxious to see how Chubb does, particularly in the passing game. Gotta love his power.

Nice RB room this year.

Mike

RBs, defense, OL not bad.....QBs eh, I'll wait on those returns or did the BROWNS get a steal for their  $33,000,000? :lol:

(Maybe they did when you look at the FA bargains out there.)

42 minutes ago, Canton Mike said:

Yeah. I think he looks more powerful than Barkley to break through the initial contact.

Mike

With Barkley.. it's clear break away speed.. With Chubb.. its funny watching him break tackles.. Then watching guys fall to the ground in his wake trying to tackle him.. It's like trying to catch a bowling ball with greasy hands

We open with Steelqueens & at Saints..If Todd Haley saw 1 thing in those 2 playoff teams ending games? Am hoping it's the running game against..Fournette,Bortles,Yeldon combined for 35 carries, 164 yards & 4 TD's against the Steel-less shower curtain. Saints got torched by Panthers & Vikings on short passing game mixing in some RB touches..Go right back to their season ending weakness with Hyde,Chubb,Duke,Landry & Tyrod..  

Archived