Jump to content
Ghoolie

Boring Times - New Era

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

There is some dispute about Columbus even being Italian....or Genoan...  Some say he was really from either the Basque region or Catalan..

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/spain/6326698/Christopher-Columbus-writings-prove-he-was-Spanish-claims-study.html

Aragonian, or Catalonian.

Of course, Italy was united at one time:  it was called The Roman Empire.

Correct , Sir!

 

I saw a documentary about Columbus.. (Among the many I've seen).. He's supposed to be of Jewish faith... And I remember something vaguely about Catalan... But that Columbus was pretty much a real disgusting human being , according to some of the personal encounters between Natives and those of his crew...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Not debating about that humidity.   So, in Memphis you turn into a mass of jelly.....In Vegas, you become mummified. ;)

So what you are saying is, my fat asss is heat treated no matter what?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

So what you are saying is, my fat asss is heat treated no matter what?

Maybe head to Barrow, Alaska.   There you can become freeze dried!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Maybe head to Barrow, Alaska.   There you can become freeze dried!!

We are going on a one week cruise through Alaska in August.  7 days on a boat. 4 ports of call. This is NOT a Ghoolie dream week. I have absolutely no fahking clue WTH I am going to see in Alaska. Eskihomos?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 6:16 PM, Nero said:

I'm not opening the link, but what I mean is that they FOUND America. But it's like when you meet a place and don't tell anyone. Or when someone finds something in an area (Physics, Medicine). You don't DIS-COVER it until you tell the world.

Ok, sorta like when a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to hear it, does it make a  sound?

Likewise if someone discovered something and no one is told, did he really discover something?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

We are going on a one week cruise through Alaska in August.  7 days on a boat. 4 ports of call. This is NOT a Ghoolie dream week. I have absolutely no fahking clue WTH I am going to see in Alaska. Eskihomos?

Quite possibly one of these big boys.

Image result for big moose

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great.

2 hours ago, StinkHole said:

Quite possibly one of these big boys.

Image result for big moose

Great. Oprah is going on the cruise, too.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

We are going on a one week cruise through Alaska in August.  7 days on a boat. 4 ports of call. This is NOT a Ghoolie dream week. I have absolutely no fahking clue WTH I am going to see in Alaska. Eskihomos?

If you're cruzin' drink heavily. Glaciers, many glaciers. Nothing like having a martini or Manhattan with glacial ice fished out of the ocean.  August isn't the best time to go, as the weather is nicer earlier in the year. Near 100% probability of otters too, bet you didn't know those critters have a fur count of 10,000 sq\in. Whales likely. Sorry, no polar bears. If the weather behaves, take the helicopter tour of the Mendenhall glacier outside of Juneau. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

I have absolutely no fahking clue WTH I am going to see in Alaska. Eskihomos?

Same thing they bitch about seeing in Colorado in August......................................................................Texians.:P

EDIT: You hear about the Texian who found out that 90% of the people who die do so within 5 miles of their home?

So he moved to Alaska.:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

We are going on a one week cruise through Alaska in August.  7 days on a boat. 4 ports of call. This is NOT a Ghoolie dream week. I have absolutely no fahking clue WTH I am going to see in Alaska. Eskihomos?

You will see awesome beauty.  I spent 10 days in Alaska, not on a cruise.....it is magnificent.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

 

I will be in the Casino when everyone finishes watching this paint drying. WOW.............. imagine that............... ice melting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

I will be in the Casino when everyone finishes watching this paint drying. WOW.............. imagine that............... ice melting.

Well....if you want to be boring and  bore yourself, no one is going to stop you.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

We are going on a one week cruise through Alaska in August.  7 days on a boat. 4 ports of call. This is NOT a Ghoolie dream week. I have absolutely no fahking clue WTH I am going to see in Alaska. Eskihomos?

bro i have up there in august make sure you pack some warm cloths 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, syd said:

bro i have up there in august make sure you pack some warm cloths 

I am packing cigars, binoculars, shorts and T-shirts. If it's cold, I can think about Vegas. The wife is very excited about this trip. The thing I am going to enjoy is illuminating for all the passengers that the bottled water on the ship is recycled Caca-Peepee water and shower water. :-). A little Alaskan Ghoolie.........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/10/2018 at 1:33 AM, Ghoolie said:

For me, sports is football.

It's even less for me.  Sports is the Browns.  

I used to love the NY Knicks (Walt Frazier - I modeled my game after him - Earl The Pearl, Dave DeBusher, Senator Bill Bradley, Willis Reed, Jerry Lucas bombing 3's - with no 3 point line-  Phil Jackson - all shoulders & elbows- and D!ck Barnette off the bench)

...and the Yankees (Mantle & Maris, Clete & Clint Boyer, Bobby Richardson, Elston Howard, Jim Boutin, Tom Tresh, Joe Pepitone, Tony Kubek...)

Now, I quit watching basketball back when it turned into Gang Ball.  - It's moved on from that but the Knicks always suck.

And baseball has just plain gotten boring.  I'd rather watch golf.

I watch the Browns......(and occasionally IndyCar, IMSA, LeMans & F1 racing) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, The Gipper said:

You will see awesome beauty.  I spent 10 days in Alaska, not on a cruise.....it is magnificent.

Alaska cruise is on my bucket list. In all likelihood we will go next year. The pics I've seen are nothing short of majestic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How about BETSPN had us as a possible wild card next year....hahahahahahaba

im all for wishful thinking...but dayum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

I am packing cigars, binoculars, shorts and T-shirts. If it's cold, I can think about Vegas. The wife is very excited about this trip. The thing I am going to enjoy is illuminating for all the passengers that the bottled water on the ship is recycled Caca-Peepee water and shower water. :-). A little Alaskan Ghoolie.........

Then drink some of that water from the ice that calved off a glacier.   Perhaps you can develop a process for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/15/2018 at 8:36 AM, TexasAg1969 said:

Same thing they bitch about seeing in Colorado in August......................................................................Texians.:P

EDIT: You hear about the Texian who found out that 90% of the people who die do so within 5 miles of their home?

So he moved to Alaska.:lol:

Just curious....you say Texian.......but that team from Houston and the 3-4 teams that had that name before it says Texans.    So? WTF is up with that?

And in any case, we here just call them DumbAss Texans....or Texians.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, jcam222 said:

Alaska cruise is on my bucket list. In all likelihood we will go next year. The pics I've seen are nothing short of majestic. 

If you can afford it, do the combo cruise\ land tour. Wide open spaces, the last frontier. On a clear day you can see Denali (it's not Mount McKinley anymore) from the Glen Alps overlook outside Anchorage 150 miles away. Not kidding.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hoorta said:

If you can afford it, do the combo cruise\ land tour. Wide open spaces, the last frontier. On a clear day you can see Denali (it's not Mount McKinley anymore) from the Glen Alps overlook outside Anchorage 150 miles away. Not kidding.

It can still be Mt. McKinley....to the non-politically correct. 

Why just  Mt. McKinley?  Because it has the highest profile?

Why not Pike's Peak....it had a couple of Native American names:  

  • Tava
  • Heey-otoyoo’

And look at all of these:

http://www.oregonlive.com/travel/index.ssf/2017/02/the_native_names_of_pacific_no.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i knew this dude

he fell off that mountain

he's dead now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

It can still be Mt. McKinley....to the non-politically correct. 

Why just  Mt. McKinley?  Because it has the highest profile?

Why not Pike's Peak....it had a couple of Native American names:  

  • Tava
  • Heey-otoyoo’

And look at all of these:

http://www.oregonlive.com/travel/index.ssf/2017/02/the_native_names_of_pacific_no.html

Regarding the coastal range mountains, the damn explorers didn't bother to ask the Indians, and probably couldn't pronounce them if they did. Pilimayah, Gip. Sioux for "Thank you". Think the Indians called New England, New England? As the saying goes, might makes right. 

& Because us damn Americans (or British) want to stick our names to geographical landmarks. Mount McKinley got it's name because back then, someone thought it would be cool to name the mountain after President McKinley. It's rightful native name IS  Denali- translation- "the high one". There's a bunch of Mount Washingtons around.

Furthermore, ahem- the Brits named Mount Everest after George Everest, the British Surveyor of India. As a mountaineer, sort of gets me POed. It's rightful local name- Tibetan Chomolungma, means “Goddess Mother of the World” or “Goddess of the Valley.” The Sanskrit name Sagarmatha means literally “Peak of Heaven.” BTW, the Nepalese at least named the national park that now surrounds Everest Sagarmartha NP. 

Everest is one of the few big Himalayan peaks that got name debased by foreigners. (notably one of the others K2. was so remote, even the locals didn't have a name for it). Maybe they should have tried to rename Lhotse "Mount Victoria" while they were at it. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest_mountains_on_Earth

LOL, my Himalayan cat Norman's Himalayan name is Namcha Barwa. Hehehe, as those Imperial units gradually go the way of the passenger pigeon, so will the Imperial names we've tried to stick on landmarks.  :)  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hoorta said:

Regarding the coastal range mountains, the damn explorers didn't bother to ask the Indians, and probably couldn't pronounce them if they did. Pilimayah, Gip. Sioux for "Thank you". Think the Indians called New England, New England? As the saying goes, might makes right. 

& Because us damn Americans (or British) want to stick our names to geographical landmarks. Mount McKinley got it's name because back then, someone thought it would be cool to name the mountain after President McKinley. It's rightful native name IS  Denali- translation- "the high one". There's a bunch of Mount Washingtons around.

Furthermore, ahem- the Brits named Mount Everest after George Everest, the British Surveyor of India. As a mountaineer, sort of gets me POed. It's rightful local name- Tibetan Chomolungma, means “Goddess Mother of the World” or “Goddess of the Valley.” The Sanskrit name Sagarmatha means literally “Peak of Heaven.” BTW, the Nepalese at least named the national park that now surrounds Everest Sagarmartha NP. 

Everest is one of the few big Himalayan peaks that got name debased by foreigners. (notably one of the others K2. was so remote, even the locals didn't have a name for it). Maybe they should have tried to rename Lhotse "Mount Victoria" while they were at it. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest_mountains_on_Earth

LOL, my Himalayan cat Norman's Himalayan name is Namcha Barwa. Hehehe, as those Imperial units gradually go the way of the passenger pigeon, so will the Imperial names we've tried to stick on landmarks.  :)  

 

I would get over it.   A lot of different places in the US are given native American names...including half of the states:  Ohio among them.  And some major cities.   Chicago is a native word.  

If the Indians didn't want the whites to come in and  rename all that Sheet.....they should have had a lot more  Little Bighorn's to their favor.  (Even that has an "English" name).

Here....26 states have N/A names:

https://thoughtcatalog.com/james-b-barnes/2014/10/26-states-that-were-named-by-native-americans-was-your-state/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

I would get over it.   A lot of different places in the US are given native American names...including half of the states:  Ohio among them.  And some major cities.   Chicago is a native word.  

If the Indians didn't want the whites to come in and  rename all that Sheet.....they should have had a lot more  Little Bighorn's to their favor.  (Even that has an "English" name).

Here....26 states have N/A names:

https://thoughtcatalog.com/james-b-barnes/2014/10/26-states-that-were-named-by-native-americans-was-your-state/

so you are actually trying to say is that if rape is inevitable you might as well just lay back and let it happen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Just curious....you say Texian.......but that team from Houston and the 3-4 teams that had that name before it says Texans.    So? WTF is up with that?

And in any case, we here just call them DumbAss Texans....or Texians.

As the descendant of an original Citizen of the country of Texas, it's Texians. F the Texans in Houston!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texians  

You can even find antique Texian Campaign Chinaware

http://www.antiquescouncil.com/antiques/index.php?page=out&id=260

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, hoorta said:

If you can afford it, do the combo cruise\ land tour. Wide open spaces, the last frontier. On a clear day you can see Denali (it's not Mount McKinley anymore) from the Glen Alps overlook outside Anchorage 150 miles away. Not kidding.

I am sure I will find God's Splendor jaw-dropping.  Cathy has a tough time with me because of my love for Las Vegas and the desert. Since she is bound to 4 weeks vacation per year, I like to spend most of that going out West and am always thinking of Vegas when we are somewhere else. It's as if my Vegas hourglass is tipped and running. I have been fortunate in life to have traveled the globe. 3 years I supported myself as a musician throughout Europe and the UK. Got to the Eastern Block countries while the Iron Curtain was still a reality. Seen so much.

I finally convinced her that if she retires with me to Vegas, I will travel my balls off with her, because at the END of every journey, will be a flight to Vegas.

I hope I can make this dream come true. For her, and for me. I am going to be on my best behavior on the cruise. Hopefully I will love it.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, syd said:

so you are actually trying to say is that if rape is inevitable you might as well just lay back and let it happen

No, I am saying that if you want to change history, invent a fuyucking time machine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

As the descendant of an original Citizen of the country of Texas, it's Texians. F the Texans in Houston!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texians  

You can even find antique Texian Campaign Chinaware

http://www.antiquescouncil.com/antiques/index.php?page=out&id=260

Well....per the article, to be considered a Texian....you had to have been one of the original Anglo settlors of Texas.....NOT a descendant thereof. So....unless you are like over 200 years old and moved to and lived in the Republic of Texas......you are a Texan, not a Texian,   Tex.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×