THE BROWNS BOARD

Boring Times - New Era

Ghoolie

For me, this is the most boring time of the year for sports. NBA playoffs and spring baseball entertain me as much as eating dirt. What boring schidt those ridiculous things are. Football is so non-existent wight now that for the life of me, I can't think of anything worth while to piss people off about.

I also think 2018 begins a new era for the Browns. At least for me. Win or Lose? That's always the thing, however, if the Browns suck again, 2 - 14, how many hang on? How many more " I am really excited about next year" do you have left in you? For me, I honestly have just about had it. I can't really get excited about the Browns any more. Maybe i am just to old or have been through enough of this horsecrap that I no longer have an emotional component in the hunt. 

My neighbor is 76 and has a tennis team. His doubles partner is 81. Maybe I will live to see another great Browns era, and maybe I will get charged up again? Life looks differently at this stage. I don't even think I can get much into Ghoolie any more.

I want to GFO of Memphis, and get my wife to place where we don't have to dodge bullets, and where the weather is infallible. Who knows, when I get settles maybe I will have a bunch of you over for a Browns-Raiders game. I hope this summer takes a long time to pass through. I am headed to Vegas for a couple days to look at a future home. I think that is all the excitement a guy needs. Wife likes the former, I like the latter. If it's just me? I am good with a double wide and a 6 car garage and pool.

http://ashley.vegashomesandfineestates.com/details.php?mls=49&mlsid=1915004

http://ashley.vegashomesandfineestates.com/details.php?mls=49&mlsid=1907800

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This time of year sucks. Luckily I will ne underway on my cutter for 90 days missing the 1st 2 months of games. You better believe though, I will have my Salute to Serice Myles Garrett jersey on every Sunday on the Boat.

I'm 'only' 50 and feel the same as Ghools, and now that Supercross has ended I'll turn my attention to the IRL....... Hey, the 500 is only a few weeks away! 

After that, the women's NCAA World Series is right around the corner and UCLA is currently ranked #1 in the country - and with a girl I used to coach leading the way in the circle...... I guess it's not all doom and gloom. 

I'm pretty busy lately, but yeah it sucks not having football...

Time to start watching soccer, guys! LOL. The World cup starts in three weeks and that's the only sports related thing I'm looking forward to. That and Osasuna's season ending sprint to reach the playoffs to play in Primera Division. 

But yeah, I'm intrigued to see what we got in September. The only thing that I think could pull us down is Hue Jackson and now his role has been limited to a reasonable level with Haley in the building. Maybe this time things turn around for good?

Go Browns!!

2 hours ago, cambridgeho said:

This time of year sucks. Luckily I will ne underway on my cutter for 90 days missing the 1st 2 months of games. You better believe though, I will have my Salute to Serice Myles Garrett jersey on every Sunday on the Boat.

DO you have any pictures to show? I would love to see them. It is always cool to learn about the real lives of posters, away from all this mental masturbation of being armchair GMs.

1 hour ago, D Bone said:

I'm 'only' 50 and feel the same as Ghools, and now that Supercross has ended I'll turn my attention to the IRL....... Hey, the 500 is only a few weeks away! 

After that, the women's NCAA World Series is right around the corner and UCLA is currently ranked #1 in the country - and with a girl I used to coach leading the way in the circle...... I guess it's not all doom and gloom. 

I think sometimes we hold on to schidt too long. I know I do. Things really are good here, busy, but so very, very different than I imagined my life would be. Here I am, 63 just about to launch a new water technology that honestly, could be the most important find in water treatment in history. Who knows? We will see. I look at the team now and forget my agitation about it being Browns V2.0, because it really doesn't matter now if the team ever left or not.........those days of Nelsen, Sipe, Bernie, and Brown happened in another lifetime. In my brain, it is as fresh as yesterday. I look at this team and think to myself, WTF, other than the old times, and buddies, keeps me coming back for more?

in one of the Gene Romero Zombie movies, one character asks another why there are so many zombies at the mall. The guy answers, " I don't know, maybe in the back of their brains there is a remnant that makes them want to be near something that was once familiar. I feel like one of those mall Zombies. God, do we deserve a winning team, or what?

9 minutes ago, Nero said:

Time to start watching soccer, guys! LOL. The World cup starts in three weeks and that's the only sports related thing I'm looking forward to. That and Osasuna's season ending sprint to reach the playoffs to play in Primera Division. 

But yeah, I'm intrigued to see what we got in September. The only thing that I think could pull us down is Hue Jackson and now his role has been limited to a reasonable level with Haley in the building. Maybe this time things turn around for good?

Go Browns!!

I like boxing, but don't know anyone any more. For me, sports is football. That's what I got.

Ah, I'll watch the NBA playoffs as long as the Cavs are in it. The Raptors had no answer for LeBrontosaurus. :)   Baseball is about as exciting as watching paint dry. I'm with Nero, and I'll tune into the World Cup, certainly when it gets past the knockout rounds. 

9 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

For me, this is the most boring time of the year for sports. NBA playoffs and spring baseball entertain me as much as eating dirt. What boring schidt those ridiculous things are. Football is so non-existent wight now that for the life of me, I can't think of anything worth while to piss people off about.

I also think 2018 begins a new era for the Browns. At least for me. Win or Lose? That's always the thing, however, if the Browns suck again, 2 - 14, how many hang on? How many more " I am really excited about next year" do you have left in you? For me, I honestly have just about had it. I can't really get excited about the Browns any more. Maybe i am just to old or have been through enough of this horsecrap that I no longer have an emotional component in the hunt. 

My neighbor is 76 and has a tennis team. His doubles partner is 81. Maybe I will live to see another great Browns era, and maybe I will get charged up again? Life looks differently at this stage. I don't even think I can get much into Ghoolie any more.

I want to GFO of Memphis, and get my wife to place where we don't have to dodge bullets, and where the weather is infallible. Who knows, when I get settles maybe I will have a bunch of you over for a Browns-Raiders game. I hope this summer takes a long time to pass through. I am headed to Vegas for a couple days to look at a future home. I think that is all the excitement a guy needs. Wife likes the former, I like the latter. If it's just me? I am good with a double wide and a 6 car garage and pool.

http://ashley.vegashomesandfineestates.com/details.php?mls=49&mlsid=1915004

http://ashley.vegashomesandfineestates.com/details.php?mls=49&mlsid=1907800

I stopped watching NBA years ago. I know who LeBron is, but thats about it.

Im from Massachusetts and not a Red Sox or baseball fan. Everybody there is born wrapped in a Sox blanket at the hospital. I literally dont know a single player and dont care.

The Browns will NOT be 2 - 14. They will beat the Steelers opening day just watch.

Yeah, Vegas weather. Like living inside an oven during the summer. You dont need a BBQ grill. Just cook your steaks and burgers on the driveway.

6 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

DO you have any pictures to show? I would love to see them. It is always cool to learn about the real lives of posters, away from all this mental masturbation of being armchair GMs.

I think sometimes we hold on to schidt too long. I know I do. Things really are good here, busy, but so very, very different than I imagined my life would be. Here I am, 63 just about to launch a new water technology that honestly, could be the most important find in water treatment in history. Who knows? We will see. I look at the team now and forget my agitation about it being Browns V2.0, because it really doesn't matter now if the team ever left or not.........those days of Nelsen, Sipe, Bernie, and Brown happened in another lifetime. In my brain, it is as fresh as yesterday. I look at this team and think to myself, WTF, other than the old times, and buddies, keeps me coming back for more?

in one of the Gene Romero Zombie movies, one character asks another why there are so many zombies at the mall. The guy answers, " I don't know, maybe in the back of their brains there is a remnant that makes them want to be near something that was once familiar. I feel like one of those mall Zombies. God, do we deserve a winning team, or what?

I like boxing, but don't know anyone any more. For me, sports is football. That's what I got.

7 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

FB_IMG_1525956658995.jpg

9 hours ago, Nero said:

Go Browns!!

USA not in the WC this time right?   Ergo...there will be little interest here.

I guess we could root for Ireland, but probably aren't in either.   How about the Dutch? Are they in?   Brazil, France, Italy, Spain, Germany....they can all suck it.  How about Australia?  The Aussies are always good for a good time.  Or New Zealand?

Iceland?   Wasn't there a big deal about Iceland?   We could get behind Iceland. 

6 hours ago, The Gipper said:

USA not in the WC this time right?   Ergo...there will be little interest here.

I guess we could root for Ireland, but probably aren't in either.   How about the Dutch? Are they in?   Brazil, France, Italy, Spain, Germany....they can all suck it.  How about Australia?  The Aussies are always good for a good time.  Or New Zealand?

Iceland?   Wasn't there a big deal about Iceland?   We could get behind Iceland. 

I've spent years watching NFL not having a specific team, so it can be done. But I understand that it takes a lot mostly if it is a competition with national teams.

This is the exact time of year where one of the new upstart football leagues would flourish. I would love watching some football now and XFL or whatever the other upstart is would fill the bill nicely as I wait for the Browns to start.

This is also another reason i personally would LOVE for the Browns to be on Hard Knocks.

11 hours ago, boo fagley said:

I stopped watching NBA years ago. I know who LeBron is, but thats about it.

Im from Massachusetts and not a Red Sox or baseball fan. Everybody there is born wrapped in a Sox blanket at the hospital. I literally dont know a single player and dont care.

The Browns will NOT be 2 - 14. They will beat the Steelers opening day just watch.

Yeah, Vegas weather. Like living inside an oven during the summer. You dont need a BBQ grill. Just cook your steaks and burgers on the driveway.

I agree with opening day Carnage. As far as Vegas heat? It is mild compared to the 90% humidity I have dealt with in Memphis. I LOVE Vegas weather. Love the desert, love the mining industry, minerals, big beautiful rattlesnakes and coyotes. Indian camps and stars like i have never seen before. Vegas truly is as close to heaven as I can imagine.

2 hours ago, jcam222 said:

This is the exact time of year where one of the new upstart football leagues would flourish. I would love watching some football now and XFL or whatever the other upstart is would fill the bill nicely as I wait for the Browns to start.

This is also another reason i personally would LOVE for the Browns to be on Hard Knocks.

The XFL was a favorite of mine the first time around. I think today sports is a much different marketplace. There are more sports fans now who really don't know WTF they are even watching, LOL. Dude, I honestly would watch just as much of a Lingerie football game as I would a Browns-Steelers game on at the same time. 

11 hours ago, cambridgeho said:

Big, big balls. Dude, you don't realize it yet, but as life goes on for you, the rewards of doing something this huge will come back to you in Spades. Awesome, breathtaking. You should be proud of yourself. Bravo, bravo. Thanks for sharing. Magnificent photo.

Back in my vertical delivery days. To old to do it now.

FB_IMG_1525956674525.jpg

Great photo.

FB_IMG_1525956658995.jpg

Great pic. Do you gear up for Steeler games like that?

5 hours ago, Nero said:

I've spent years watching NFL not having a specific team, so it can be done. But I understand that it takes a lot mostly if it is a competition with national teams.

Well if your team or my team is not in the competition you still want to have some sort of rooting interest in one of the teams that is in there. So for Americans since the USA is not in the tournament we need a rooting interest and why not Iceland.

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Well if your team or my team is not in the competition you still want to have some sort of rooting interest in one of the teams that is in there. So for Americans since the USA is not in the tournament we need a rooting interest and why not Iceland.

And why not the country whence came the first discoverers of the continent you are in? 

SPAIN! ;)

And before you mention the Vikings, they FOUND America but didn't DISCOVER it. Think about the verb discover: dis-cover. They didn't know they had found another continent and the rest of the world didn't take notice till centuries later. 

5 hours ago, Nero said:

And why not the country whence came the first discoverers of the continent you are in? 

SPAIN! ;)

And before you mention the Vikings, they FOUND America but didn't DISCOVER it. Think about the verb discover: dis-cover. They didn't know they had found another continent and the rest of the world didn't take notice till centuries later. 

Only white people could think they discovered a land that already had people living on it for thousands of years already. :lol:

6 hours ago, Nero said:

SPAIN! ;)

But the Italians claim it since Christopher Columbus was Italian.:D

11 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

I agree with opening day Carnage. As far as Vegas heat? It is mild compared to the 90% humidity I have dealt with in Memphis. I LOVE Vegas weather. Love the desert, love the mining industry, minerals, big beautiful rattlesnakes and coyotes. Indian camps and stars like i have never seen before. Vegas truly is as close to heaven as I can imagine.

You will grow to miss the humidity. Dry heat is not not what they claim. 117 dry heat? Your oatmeal cookies are ready to come out.

The desert is something else. Amazing that anything could live out there.

1 hour ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

But the Italians claim it since Christopher Columbus was Italian.:D

Indeed. The sailors and the money invested on the enterprise was given by the Catholic Kings of Spain. 

4 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Only white people could think they discovered a land that already had people living on it for thousands of years already. :lol:

It was discovered by the Asian land bridgers and possibly even some Pacific boat people. Columbus thought he found the East Indies. The extra continent was not in their world view of the time.

We like to think we "discovered" it because "stole" it does not fit our world view.:P

Archived