THE BROWNS BOARD

Rosen

calfoxwc

What? Phil Sims? Arizona

"According to former NFL quarterback and current Bleacher Report analyst Chris Simms revealed that Rosen wasn’t the Cardinals first choice on draft night

Everything I know is that the No. 5 pick with the Broncos, the trade was in place, and it was with Arizona. And then (defensive end Bradley) Chubb was on the board,”.”The Arizona Cardinals were heartbroken they did not get Josh Allen.”

i wonder how Rosen feels now that it’s out there that he was just the Cardinals back up plan and not their first choice."

https://brobible.com/sports/article/cardinals-josh-allen-josh-rosen/

LOL. OMG. Sorry, but that really is hilarious. LOL LOL LOL...

sorry.

LOL

and from the same link:

"Former UCLA QB Josh Rosen can’t catch a break. Last week during the NFL draft, Rosen ended up falling to #10 overall when the Arizona Cardinals traded up to pick him..

Via ESPN

thought I should’ve been picked at 1, 2 or 3,” . “I dropped, and I was pissed. I was really, really angry. I wasn’t really showing it. I was trying to keep calm, cool, composed. But I thought I was going to get picked, and I thought I was going to have to put on a face and try and fake happiness. But for some reason, right when I got that call, that’s not what happened. I got really happy and really motivated.”"

OMG. seriously, stop it. LOL LOL

& Cal, I'm sure you'll know several of us think Allen has a higher bust potential than Rosen. JR's problem is going to be staying healthy. Can't accuse him of not speaking his mind. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

Via ESPN

thought I should’ve been picked at 1, 2 or 3,” . “I dropped, and I was pissed. I was really, really angry. I wasn’t really showing it. I was trying to keep calm, cool, composed. But I thought I was going to get picked, and I thought I was going to have to put on a face and try and fake happiness. But for some reason, right when I got that call, that’s not what happened. I got really happy and really motivated.”

Hmmmmm, just how do you take that......I was really, really angry....but I got really happy and motivated?  

Also the contract difference between #1 and #10 is almost $16,000,000, some motivation there I guess, but all R1 players are well compensated now.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

it should be duly noted, that my title for the thread was changed from "What? Phil Sims? Arizona" to "Rosen".

It was funnier my way, but whatever.:D

10 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

What? Phil Sims? Arizona

"According to former NFL quarterback and current Bleacher Report analyst Chris Simms revealed that Rosen wasn’t the Cardinals first choice on draft night

Everything I know is that the No. 5 pick with the Broncos, the trade was in place, and it was with Arizona. And then (defensive end Bradley) Chubb was on the board,”.”The Arizona Cardinals were heartbroken they did not get Josh Allen.”

i wonder how Rosen feels now that it’s out there that he was just the Cardinals back up plan and not their first choice."

https://brobible.com/sports/article/cardinals-josh-allen-josh-rosen/

LOL. OMG. Sorry, but that really is hilarious. LOL LOL LOL...

sorry.

LOL

Do people have no sense of dignity and decorum anymore? What kind of an organization allows disparaging conversation to be leaked to the media like this? The kid just achieved his dream of being drafted, and someone decides to schidt all over it? Fauhking low life scum.

7 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

"he's a Buffalo"

7 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

"he's a Buffalo" (and plays like one) 

6 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Cal, do you have his high jump? if he can clear 6', he really is a Buffalo.  :)  

7 hours ago, hoorta said:

"he's a Buffalo"

"he's a Buffalo" (and plays like one) 

Cal, do you have his high jump? if he can clear 6', he really is a Buffalo.  :)  

IdioticColorlessIrukandjijellyfish-max-1

25 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Allen's racist Twitter posts probably gained him another fan in you, though... :lol:

Dude.. Quit takin Meth.. its bad shizzle, bruh!

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

He who laughs last...

Word is Rosen is killing it in AZ's OTAs.

Meanwhile our rookie QB....

I don't put too much stock in what is heard from OTA's.  I'll listen in more for training camp but even then unless I see it with my own eyes. I've learned to wait until the onfield product is in front of me.  Nathan Zugura is pure propaganda. (Just an example) 

That said, I have a feeling this thread, the Baker thread and finally the Allen thread will be fun reads in the next year or so.  

2 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Meanwhile our rookie QB....

I don't put too much stock in what is heard from OTA's.  I'll listen in more for training camp but even then unless I see it with my own eyes. I've learned to wait until the onfield product is in front of me.  Nathan Zugura is pure propaganda. (Just an example) 

That said, I have a feeling this thread, the Baker thread and finally the Allen thread will be fun reads in the next year or so.  

I rarely make threads, but I've started exactly two "what's wrong with X player" posts. The first one was Derek Carr, and the 2nd was Rosen. I'm not going to cry into my beer about it, but I just have a terrible gut feeling we missed on him big time.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, jrb12711 said:

I rarely make threads, but I've started exactly two "what's wrong with X player" posts. The first one was Derek Carr, and the 2nd was Rosen. I'm not going to cry into my beer about it, but I just have a terrible gut feeling we missed on him big time.

The first QB Tour and I agreed on as our 1A since I've been on this board.   Previously we've split on Goff/Wentz, Grayson/Petty and I wasn't (still not) sold on Watson.    So to see Rosen slip to 10 and potentially watch him bloom would hurt my heart.  

21 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

He who laughs last...

Word is Rosen is killing it in AZ's OTAs.

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/expo/erry-2018/05/4c1b98e1889388/buffalo_bills_otas_2018_josh_a.html

Buffalo Bills OTAs 2018: Josh Allen looks sharp

Jeffrey T. Barnes
Josh Allen's day

Josh Allen was the most impressive quarterback on the field Thursday. By my count, he attempted to 21 passes and only three hit the ground. Some were of the shorter variety, but Allen was ripping some deeper throws as well. He hit Austin Proehl on an impressive throw to the sideline outside the numbers. His two touchdowns were the highlights, though. Allen ripped an in-breaking route over a defender and into the hands of fellow rookie Ray-Ray McCloud for a touchdown. Later in practice, he hit Travaris Cadet in the end zone for a back-shoulder touchdown. If the idea of putting him with the third team was to build his confidence. it might be working.