THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns trade Telfer to the chiefs

syd

1 hour ago, Ghoolie said:

This goes in the category of "we have a few loose ends with no risk, let's put a dollar in the Megabucks slot machine and who knows, maybe we will hit something. These kinds of trades are like house cleaning, or some such analogy. There is no risk here, You give a guy a chance to make something of himself elsewhere, and you get a chance on a little known player turning out to be something.

I don't see any downside or great need for analyzing these kinds of things.

I am optimistic. We have a couple QBs, some Ohio State talent and hell, even a kid from Memphis adding to the pack. I said it before and will say it again, the biggest challenge this team has are discipline, execution, concentration and good decision making. Last year, the lack of those things cost the Browns several wins, maybe as many as 6 - 8. I am not one for " if we only did this... if that call wasn't made.... balh blah blah.............what I am saying is if those aforementioned ingredients are addressed, and THEN we consider some new and better talent, then you have a team that could be respectable.

I want to see the offense more daring and opportunistic in apparent running downs. Play action, physical block and run football, and hopefully an aggressive D without a center fielder.

Lots of little stuff that if corrected can give the Browns an entirely new disposition. Man, an opening day win would do so much for the city, team and franchise. I hope this summer lasts forever, but I will welcome the new football season.

You are one phuck of a piece a work.  Most of the time you're a venom spitting, ridiculing ghoul.  But every so often, there are brief periods of time where you actually communicate worthwhile thoughts in a rational manor.  Perhaps it's only when venus is visible brightly in our evening western skies.

7 minutes ago, Orion said:

You are one phuck of a piece a work.  Most of the time you're a venom spitting, ridiculing ghoul.  But every so often, there are brief periods of time where you actually communicate worthwhile thoughts in a rational manor.  Perhaps it's only when venus is visible brightly in our evening western skies.

I guess there's something to be said about setting the bar low.... 

10 hours ago, Orion said:

I always ponder which of the two Ghoolies is the on meds version lol. Honestly Ghoolie is the boards version of Morton Downey Jr. shock jock. 99% of his posts are to stir the pot. He breaks out the 1% occasionally to talk football and love the Browns. 

15 hours ago, Orion said:

My friend, those in my closest circle will repeat what you just said about me, only much more intensely. I believe people, in general, have grown soft. I believe that is America was just now a new discovery, and it was the generations of explorers 50 years old and younger making the discovery, America would never have been cultivated. I believe this group of people would not have won any of our great wars, and I believe Hitler would have conquered the world.

Isn't it odd that we will go to a movie and fall in love with guys like Searents Carter and Hartman, or drivers like Eisenhower, Churchill or say Lombardi and Cus D'amato, but then wilt, whine, complain and protest when someone treats us the same way? As you are amazed at the polite side of me, I am even more amazed that grown men can get so worked up over football and words cast onto a computer screen that they react in such ways of challenging fistfights, complaining to their wives over the dinner table, begging moderators to ban people, and crossing the line of online banter to research an individual's private life. And, this isn't just on TBB, it is all over social media.

Bn, ban, ban, boycott, protest, complain, blacklist, expose, and otherwise attack anyone who doesn't say things that we like or want to hear.

Now, are you telling me that you think Ghoul, confined to TBB, is more bizarre than adults taking this kind of schidt to a personal level and letting it infect their daily lives? Man, if you do, I am disappointed in you. Some of my most beloved friends hate many of the things I like best in life. My wife for instance, cannot stand the Browns or for that matter, Ohio, save Cedar Point. She is not big into football, but she likes the Steelers. So what? Dude, what the hell are we talking about here? 32 financially fat entertainment franchises that gorge on our dollars but care little for what we think and who we are. And THIS.........is something to hate people over?

My friend; Ghoul is not the ugliness. The ugliness is a group of immature, emotional, self-important adults who actually believe there is nobility in supporting a football team. To me, these type of people, (and not just TBB world) are the problem. So, am I immature for torturing them? Sure. But you see, the difference? I keep it here. I never once, not ever, went and researched the real-life identity of someone because I didn't like what they posted. Honestly, this schidt is completely meaningless to me.............. OTHER THAN..........when I make a friend with the rare people of substance, like you, Texas AG, Mik, and a few others, who have the character and substance to see beyond the green curtain.

THAT, is the reward I get from Ghoolie (Ghoul) The people left standing?  THOSE are the draft picks that get me to the Super Bowl. 

Isn't it funny? not counting Browns game tailgates, I have met and formed personal relationships with over 30 people on this board. How incongruous is that? WHo woudl think that ME, the board bastard would ever reach out in the real world, to make friends. Hard to fathom for some, I am sure.

43 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

I am even more amazed that grown men can get so worked up ........... begging moderators to ban people, and crossing the line of online banter to research an individual's private life.

You bring out the best in people...

I have a few people on my ignore list.  Not you obviously.  I enjoy reading your thoughts.....if I have the patience to wade through the chaff.   I find that about 50% of the time I don't agree with you.  The same holds true with ballpeen (mostly from another board that I no longer visit.  he doesn't post here much)....but you guys can make me see the view from a different angle.  I still may not agree with that angle, but it's good to understand different views.  -  The difference with ballpeen is that I don't have to wade through the venom and chaff.

Kind of like toe fungus and crotch rot you kind of grew on me Tom. LOL!:lol:

And to summarize the rest.......................You damn kids get off my yard! :angry:

Oh and welcome to the wonderful world of grumpy old farts where no one gets any slack (my wife just adores that about me).:rolleyes:

3 hours ago, Orion said:

You bring out the best in people...

I have a few people on my ignore list.  Not you obviously.  I enjoy reading your thoughts.....if I have the patience to wade through the chaff.   I find that about 50% of the time I don't agree with you.  The same holds true with ballpeen (mostly from another board that I no longer visit.  he doesn't post here much)....but you guys can make me see the view from a different angle.  I still may not agree with that angle, but it's good to understand different views.  -  The difference with ballpeen is that I don't have to wade through the venom and chaff.

But you see, I am not Ballpenis. I am Ghoolie.

3 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Kind of like toe fungus and crotch rot you kind of grew on me Tom. LOL!:lol:

And to summarize the rest.......................You damn kids get off my yard! :angry:

Oh and welcome to the wonderful world of grumpy old farts where no one gets any slack (my wife just adores that about me).:rolleyes:

One time I was working with my uncle, my Dad's brother, putting in tile at Southern Park Mall. I was 17 and it was just a 4 days summer gig to make some pocket money. Any way, my uncle told me to go get him 2 5 gallon buckets of latex, from his stuff all the way at the other end of the mall. So, 25 minutes later, with sore hands and arms from carrying 2 40+ pound buckets, my uncle looks and says to me..."you idiot, I need 2 buckets of water." I replied, "Uncle Nick, you told me you needed two buckets of latex". His response was....You are an asss hole, DO WHAT I TELL YOU, NOT WHAT I TOLD YOU." 

So, when I first saw Ghoulardi, it was like a family reunion.

Randall Telfer was picked up off waivers from Colts yesterday but was released today with failed physical designation.. seems really odd or maybe a offseason injury?   

9 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Randall Telfer was picked up off waivers from Colts yesterday but was released today with failed physical designation.. seems really odd or maybe a offseason injury?   

damn good thing we got Fells to help out with are rookie LT

On 5/4/2018 at 11:16 PM, Dutch Oven said:

I guess there's something to be said about setting the bar low.... 

• Yeah be careful you don't trip on it. :lol:

Archived