THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns trade Telfer to the chiefs

syd

I vaguely rememer thinking dadi nicholas was going to be a late round gem. Telfer wasn't going to make the roster after we signed Fells so I'm surrised we got anything for him. I was surrised the let him announce one of our draft picks because he wasn't going to make the roster

17 minutes ago, syd said:

if i read correctly he has never recorded a tackle and missed all of last year due to injury

Ahh, he's well rested.  :)

I thought I heard today that he was a LB....

Dadi ran a 4.55 and had a 41 inch vertical so there is some athleticism to work with.

His junior year he had 18 tackles for loss and 8.5 sacks but his numbers dropped his senior year. He could suprise us and make the roster given how thin we are at LB. I think he is battling Alexander and Bello for that last LB slot.

Dadi was a baller his junior year at VT..Most were disappointed with his Senior year..age 25 from Port-Prince,Haiti 

Maybe coach Williams can get his game back..Nicolas started playing football late. Started playing his HS senior year..Add a 6'3" frame to 34 3/4" arms..he's a 41" Vert..He's got to be coached to shoulder drive tackle..not reach arm tackle.Another Hokie that can block kicks.Come looking to get Some Dadi & welcome aboard..

KC may need a new daddy of football operations with the killer schedule they have this season..Run by GM Brett Veach or Andy Reid? Don't know who's running the place but starting with Cam Erving trade & since.KC drafted 3 DT's this draft.:huh: Lot riding on Patrick MaHolmes in Chiefs Country.   

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

KC may need a new daddy of football operations with the killer schedule they have this season..Run by GM Brett Veach or Andy Reid? Don't know who's running the place but starting with Cam Erving trade & since.KC drafted 3 DT's this draft.:huh: Lot riding on Patrick MaHolmes in Chiefs Country.   

Speak of the devil.

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2018/05/02/chiefs-wont-pick-up-fifth-year-option-for-cam-erving/

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Ya, Chiefs heard Geuaga Lake’s water park that closed last summer is auctioning off the last of their turnstiles. They probably figure they can get a better deal/better production out of one of those. Heard it’s more of a bang for your buck move/risk reward thing. 

42 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

I wonder if someone out there has a "pancake counter" for Erving during his stay here. I'd have to guess it'd be at least in the low to mid 20's.

He had an IHOP franchise presented by the other 31 teams for services rendered.:P

Oh boy! A 235 lb. DE!!!

Not feeling this move. Watch Telfer have a break out season in KC.

18 hours ago, Orion said:

Ahh, he's well rested.  :)

I thought I heard today that he was a LB....

And probably well read too. :lol:

Hey unlike some previous years the BROWNS are well active this year.

5 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Oh boy! A 235 lb. DE!!!

Not feeling this move. Watch Telfer have a break out season in KC.

Athletic guy, gonna play LB, Dorsey has invested in him before.

We needed LB depth and Telfer was not going to make the roster barring injury.

We already brought in one udfa TE, if he doesn't look the part they'll drag someone else in ... but we're set with NoJoke, Fells and DeValve (Just add IMO and Barring Injury to everything I say about the roster of course)

Zombo

9 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Oh boy! A 235 lb. DE!!!

.......Not feeling this move. Watch Telfer have a break out season in KC.

235, nice size for a professional DE....until he gets knocked on his azz early in the 1st quarter.

15 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Athletic guy, gonna play LB, Dorsey has invested in him before.

We needed LB depth and Telfer was not going to make the roster barring injury.

We already brought in one udfa TE, if he doesn't look the part they'll drag someone else in ... but we're set with NoJoke, Fells and DeValve (Just add IMO and Barring Injury to everything I say about the roster of course)

IMO's always go with out saying... and so far your roster-O's/predictions have been pretty spot on... that said...

My core TE issue is with Fells over Telfer. Did not see that move at the time; I still don't.

I realize Nicolas will be slotted at OLB. What do you think KC was trying to do with him and how do you think that was going? Only thing I can remember seeing of him was ST and as a NASCAR DE... and that was two years ago. He was PUP'd all last season. So now he's a damaged project... whoopee!

12 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

IMO's always go with out saying... and so far your roster-O's/predictions have been pretty spot on... that said...

My core TE issue is with Fells over Telfer. Did not see that move at the time; I still don't.

I realize Nicolas will be slotted at OLB. What do you think KC was trying to do with him and how do you think that was going? Only thing I can remember seeing of him was ST and as a NASCAR DE... and that was two years ago. He was PUP'd all last season. So now he's a damaged project... whoopee!

I don't have Dadi making the roster, I think he is just a project that Dorsey doesn't want to let go of yet.

As for Tefler v Fells, I think Todd Haley came to town and said get me a blocking TE that can actually run routes and catch passes because I run some TE passes out of running formations from time to time.

Tefler has 5 grab in two years. Fells has 31 grabs and 4 TDs over the same period.

Zombo

Oddly enough both guys were picked just a few picks apart in the 6th round in drafts a year apart. 

Kinda bummed at first thinking Telfer did ok for the Browns as the main blocking TE,  but PFF gave him a poor grade, so l suppose no major loss. 

Nicolas only credited with 1 pass defended and zero tackles in 11 games, so l suppose he’s the guy that occupies other guys so that other guys can make a play. 

40 minutes ago, Zombo said:

I don't have Dadi making the roster, I think he is just a project that Dorsey doesn't want to let go of yet.

I liked Tefler's youth over the journeyman TE.

Apparently we are not looking to stand Dadi up...

Nate Ulrich @NateUlrichABJ

#Browns say trade acquisition Dadi Nicolas, 6-foot-3 and 235 pounds, is a defensive end with them, not a linebacker

12:08 PM - 2 May 2018

1 minute ago, Tour2ma said:

I liked Tefler's youth over the journeyman TE.

Apparently we are not looking to stand Dadi up...

Nate Ulrich @NateUlrichABJ

#Browns say trade acquisition Dadi Nicolas, 6-foot-3 and 235 pounds, is a defensive end with them, not a linebacker

12:08 PM - 2 May 2018

Ok then ... maybe he'll add 30 pounds of muscle before camp...

Z

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/05/04/browns-chiefs-call-off-randall-telfer-dadi-nicolas-trade/

Browns, Chiefs call off Randall Telfer-Dadi Nicolas trade

The Browns and Chiefs agreed to a trade earlier this week that would send tight end Randall Telfer to Kansas City in exchange for linebacker Dadi Nicolas, but it won’t be going through.

The NFL’s daily transaction wire brings word that the teams have called off the trade. No reason has been given, but both teams will be moving on without the players, both of whom entered the league as sixth-round picks, they tried to ship elsewhere.

The transaction report also shows that the Browns have waived Telfer. The Chiefs did the same with Nicolas.

Telfer has five catches for 40 yards in 30 games over his first two seasons. Nicolas played 11 games in 2016, but did not see any action in 2017 after rupturing his patella tendon late in his rookie year.

5 minutes ago, D Bone said:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/05/04/browns-chiefs-call-off-randall-telfer-dadi-nicolas-trade/

Browns, Chiefs call off Randall Telfer-Dadi Nicolas trade

The Browns and Chiefs agreed to a trade earlier this week that would send tight end Randall Telfer to Kansas City in exchange for linebacker Dadi Nicolas, but it won’t be going through.

The NFL’s daily transaction wire brings word that the teams have called off the trade. No reason has been given, but both teams will be moving on without the players, both of whom entered the league as sixth-round picks, they tried to ship elsewhere.

The transaction report also shows that the Browns have waived Telfer. The Chiefs did the same with Nicolas.

Telfer has five catches for 40 yards in 30 games over his first two seasons. Nicolas played 11 games in 2016, but did not see any action in 2017 after rupturing his patella tendon late in his rookie year.

How did Sashi pull this off again? :lol:

1 hour ago, D Bone said:

The NFL’s daily transaction wire brings word that the teams have called off the trade. No reason has been given, but both teams will be moving on without the players, 

Woody Allen couldn't write this stuff...

This goes in the category of "we have a few loose ends with no risk, let's put a dollar in the Megabucks slot machine and who knows, maybe we will hit something. These kinds of trades are like house cleaning, or some such analogy. There is no risk here, You give a guy a chance to make something of himself elsewhere, and you get a chance on a little known player turning out to be something.

I don't see any downside or great need for analyzing these kinds of things.

I am optimistic. We have a couple QBs, some Ohio State talent and hell, even a kid from Memphis adding to the pack. I said it before and will say it again, the biggest challenge this team has are discipline, execution, concentration and good decision making. Last year, the lack of those things cost the Browns several wins, maybe as many as 6 - 8. I am not one for " if we only did this... if that call wasn't made.... balh blah blah.............what I am saying is if those aforementioned ingredients are addressed, and THEN we consider some new and better talent, then you have a team that could be respectable.

I want to see the offense more daring and opportunistic in apparent running downs. Play action, physical block and run football, and hopefully an aggressive D without a center fielder.

Lots of little stuff that if corrected can give the Browns an entirely new disposition. Man, an opening day win would do so much for the city, team and franchise. I hope this summer lasts forever, but I will welcome the new football season.

1 hour ago, Orion said:

Woody Allen couldn't write this stuff...

How d hell do both teams just quit on a trade?:huh: Seems team physical related leaning towards Nicolas? but we did tell Kwan Williams to play a pre-season game on a broken ankle.. 

Archived