THE BROWNS BOARD

Draftday Trades

gumby73

I will attempt to finalize some pending Sashi Brown trades & others..This will take 13'ish different post. 

Finalizing the Carson Wentz trade we traded pick #64 to Colts who grabbed DE Tyquan Lewis from Ohio State. Browns get DE/LB Chad Thomas at #67.Browns traded added 6th #178 to Pats who became ILB Christian Sam. 

Tyrod Taylor trade from Bills. Bills received Browns pick #65,Bills traded pick to Baltimore,which than trade to Oak. landing T Brandon Parker. 

1st Flipped Kizer trade pick in Round 4.1. #101, GB traded to Carolina with Carolina taking TE Ian Thomas.

WR A.Callaway Trade. Browns moved up with Lions from #114 to pick #105 to get Callaway.Lions get bama DE Da'Shawn Hand #114.Lions traded browns pick #178 to Pats.

Punter Andy Lee trade to Carolina,turned into Jarvis Landry from Miami. Browns surrendered pick #123 to Miami.Who Selects..TE Durham Smythe ..Mia. still gets our 7th in 2019 

Back to Kizer trade pick flipped now in 5th..GB traded pick to Carolina with Panthers taking OL Cole Madison.Browns traded their pick #114 to Pats..Browns received Randall from GB & pick #150 back from Pats landing ILB Genard Avery.  

Cam Erving trade to KC 5.22. Was traded from KC to Pats to Oak. landing WR Daurice Fountain in Oak. BYE Cam

The Hulkster Kevin Hogan mercy flip trade to Washington..Browns select DB Simeon Thomas #188..The Skins traded pick #205 to LA Rams taking Edge-Trevon Young. 

McCourtny trade to Pats. The Browns pick #205 was traded to Redskins. The 7th rounder the Pats got in return from Browns, pick #219 turns into QB Danny Etling for the Pats

Last but not least..Danny Shelton to Pats..Browns get Pats 3rd rounder in 2019.The 5th #159 that the Pats got from Browns. Pats traded to Oakland..

Somehow this is how things work currently for us next year. 9 picks in all. And i sure hope we are willing to trade up for any holes that appear crucial. From Cleveland.com:

2019 NFL DRAFT

First round: Own pick.

Second round: Own pick.

Third round: Own pick; Patriots' pick (via Danny Shelton trade)

Fourth round: Own pick.

Fifth round: Own pick.

Sixth round: Own pick.

Seventh round: Own pick; Jaguars' pick (conditional pick via Cody Kessler trade)

11 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Punter Andy Lee trade to Carolina,turned into Jarvis Landry from Miami. Browns surrendered pick #123 to Miami.Who Selects..TE Durham Smythe ..Mia. still gets our 7th in 2019 

And Lee for Jarvis Landry ... Best trade ever?

Lee has since been released from one team, and then injured with another. He's old, and we replaced him with a very good punter.

Jarvis Landry catches 100 passes a year and will be Baker Mayfield's best friend.

Nice.

Zombo

2 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

Sashi sure was an idiot, he didn't even know how to put through the trade on deadline day for McCarron...

Can you imagine if that trade went through ... Ugh.

I'll take Taylor and Mayfield and never look back.

Sashi was the right guys to lead into Dorsey.

I think we've finally done something rght.

Zombo

1 hour ago, Zombo said:

And Lee for Jarvis Landry ... Best trade ever?

Lee has since been released from one team, and then injured with another. He's old, and we replaced him with a very good punter.

Jarvis Landry catches 100 passes a year and will be Baker Mayfield's best friend.

Nice.

Zombo

Agree....this looks like the Kingpin of all these trades.  Hopefully one of the best ever made in Browns history.

1 hour ago, LondonBrown said:

Sashi sure was an idiot, he didn't even know how to put through the trade on deadline day for McCarron...

London,

He purposely sabotaged that trade. He practically admitted it and eventually took the fall for it. You are telling me a guy who BEFORE THAT TRADE had traded over 14x in the nfl, including on draft day when he has less than 10 minutes to submit the paperwork, did NOT know how to make a deal work? give me a break. Say what you want about Sashi, but an idiot, i don't think so

55 minutes ago, Bigalow80 said:

London,

He purposely sabotaged that trade. He practically admitted it and eventually took the fall for it. You are telling me a guy who BEFORE THAT TRADE had traded over 14x in the nfl, including on draft day when he has less than 10 minutes to submit the paperwork, did NOT know how to make a deal work? give me a break. Say what you want about Sashi, but an idiot, i don't think so

He was being ironic. 

I love this thread and what we have now thanks to those trades. I think Watson could have a short career (already a long term injury in his first year, that's not promising), and the Osweiler and Lee trades were fantastic. Colquitt might have been the best position player at the Browns last year. 

I agree Big. Hue was the real idiot in this deal and Sashi knew it and took the fall for the right decision. Why was Buff so desperate to get a QB? That tells me all I need to know about McCarron.

Thanks, gum... could you repeat that? ;)

With only one first, only three picks on Day 2 and nine picks total, it feels like we'll be going into the 2019 Draft naked...

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Thanks, gum... could you repeat that? ;)

With only one first, only three picks on Day 2 and nine picks total, it feels like we'll be going into the 2019 Draft naked...

It's the unusual feeling of NORMALCY ;)

17 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Punter Andy Lee trade to Carolina,turned into Jarvis Landry from Miami. .Mia. still gets our 7th in 2019 

7 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

From Clevleand.com

Seventh round: Own pick; Jaguars' pick (conditional pick via Cody Kessler trade)

Thanks Guys.. this was a fun puzzle to put together.. All that matters is if we score 1 more point than other Team on Sundays than we can call it all a success. Well deserved I may add..Now I need to call MKC at cleveland.com..Seems we have a issue on how many picks we have in 7th? If I tell her am a QB? surely I'll get right to the front of the line..  

6 hours ago, Zombo said:

He will pick him off 8 times.

Zombo

I will certainly add this projection into Denzel Ward's march to DROY..

2 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Now I need to call MKC at cleveland.com..Seems we have a issue on how many picks we have in 7th? If I tell her am a QB? surely I'll get right to the front of the line..  

Cleveland.com needs a go fund me account to payout fans that do there work;)..  https://www.sbnation.com/2018/3/9/17048396/jarvis-landry-miami-dolphins-fanchise-tag-trade-cleveland-browns  after the dust settles at Cleve.com We will only own Jags 7th round Comp. pick..

Archived