THE BROWNS BOARD

Under the radar moves

Kvoethe

The Cleveland Browns made several roster moves on Monday, signing one player and waiving three others.

The new addition to the team is QB Joel Stave, an undrafted free agent from 2016 out of Wisconsin. At 6-5, 236 pounds, he’s by far the biggest quarterback on the Browns. Over the past two years, he’s spent time on the practice squads of the Minnesota Vikings, Seattle Seahawks, Kansas City Chiefs, Washington Redskins, and New York Jets. He has some ties to GM John Dorsey and, for now, will be the fourth quarterback arm in camp.

The three players waived include WR Kasen Williams, WR Matt Hazel, and FS Kai Nacua. Williams and Nacua had a lot of support from fans last year, as we hoped they could turn out to be success stories. But now, their journey will have to continue elsewhere.

I had high hopes for Nacua - but sometimes he made bonehead plays, some really bad penalties were on him...

and Williams seemed like the guy who was making plays when others weren't, the few times we got to see him in a game...

1 hour ago, Kvoethe said:

The Cleveland Browns made several roster moves on Monday, signing one player and waiving three others.

The new addition to the team is QB Joel Stave, an undrafted free agent from 2016 out of Wisconsin. At 6-5, 236 pounds, he’s by far the biggest quarterback on the Browns. Over the past two years, he’s spent time on the practice squads of the Minnesota Vikings, Seattle Seahawks, Kansas City Chiefs, Washington Redskins, and New York Jets. He has some ties to GM John Dorsey and, for now, will be the fourth quarterback arm in camp.

The three players waived include WR Kasen Williams, WR Matt Hazel, and FS Kai Nacua. Williams and Nacua had a lot of support from fans last year, as we hoped they could turn out to be success stories. But now, their journey will have to continue elsewhere.

Camp arm, likely for Stave.

Stave screams "camp-fodder" and practice squad... IIRC you can PS for three years max.

For a UDFA Nacua gained a mystique around here that I never understood.

Ditto for Williams... who for some reason I always confused with former Raven, Kamar Aiken, a UDFA who turned out to be pretty good at least for one season.

12 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Stave screams "camp-fodder" and practice squad... IIRC you can PS for three years max.

For a UDFA Nacua gained a mystique around here that I never understood.

Ditto for Williams... who for some reason I always confused with former Raven, Kamar Aiken, a UDFA who turned out to be pretty good at least for one season.

The mystique was grounded in hope and desperation.  Not to hard to figure that one out.  Even if it was misguided.

Besides...who makes the better mystique:

main-qimg-607f17445d4dd03a09828baa1d2b9c

I predict Joel Stave is the subject of a strange, confusing obsession by a board member who makes one poll after another regarding him being the starting QB for the Browns. 

Archived