THE BROWNS BOARD

Draftday Re-Do, By You

gumby73

For shits and giggles, I will see where my Browns mock draft guys went ... But screw these guys:

Zombo's Mock Cleveland Brown Draft (WWZD)

1.1 Sam Darnold, QB, USC

Went two spots later to the NYJ. In Dorsey (and Baker) we trust!

1.4 Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn St.

Off the board at #2 to Giants, him being there at #4 was just a boy and his dream...

2.1 (Trade Duke Johnson to move up into late first round) Josh Jackson, CB, Iowa

Went Pick 45 to Green Bay in the second round ... So, we got a much higher-rated corner and we kept Duke!

2.2  Sam Hubbard, DE,  Ohio St

Went Pick #77 to Cross State Rival Bungles ... Eh, we love Ogbah ... and we got that Miami dude.

2.3 Brian O'Neill, OT, Pitt

Went pick #62 to Vikings. We got a more versatile guy at #33 ... Dorsey is kicking my ass.

4 Equannimous St. Brown, WR, ND

Went Undrafted ... Signed by Packers, we steal Calloway in 4th round ... Dorsey has officially put me to shame.

2 hours ago, Zombo said:

Went Undrafted ... Signed by Packers, we steal Calloway in 4th round ... Dorsey has officially put me to shame.

Don't be so hard on yourself... Packers drafted him with a Compensatory pick in the 6th, so you only reached by two rounds. Some here had us taking him in the 2nd.

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Not sure why we are bothering to try to rehash what could/ve been in this draft. 

Why don't we see how the picks we actually took work out?

Because it's April 7, 2018 what other spicy BROWNS stuff is out there to rehash?

The INDIANS bullpen is in disarray since Miller has been out plus do they miss Shaw? (YES!) The CAVS can sweep Toronto -and- Cinco de Mayo is over!

3 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Because it's April 7, 2018 what other spicy BROWNS stuff is out there to rehash?

The INDIANS bullpen is in disarray since Miller has been out plus do they miss Shaw? (YES!) The CAVS can sweep Toronto -and- Cinco de Mayo is over!

There are a million other Browns related things to hash....no need for a rehash of the draft. 

Go back 5 years and redo that one.....it would be a better, more interesting....if useless geture.

1 minute ago, The Gipper said:

There are a million other Browns related things to hash....no need for a rehash of the draft. 

Go back 5 years and redo that one.....it would be a better, more interesting....if useless geture.

:lol:

Oh yeah former and current BROWNS players ' favorite  hash reciepes.

Not Gip's thread, so it sucks.

Not Gip's thread, so it's fine to post any derail that comes to mind...

53 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Oh god, so when does college football start?  

.......well I had to peak 9/1/18 Oregon State at OHIO STATE time TBD, 8/9/18  BROWNS at NYG 7 pm, can't wait.  :wub:

Well if you're getting football fever like me 2018 1-A schedule debut:

Saturday, August 25

MATCHUP   TIME  (ET) NAT TV TICKETS LOCATION
2184.png&h=50
Duquesne
TBD   59 tickets as low as $29 Warren McGuirk Alumni Stadium, Amherst, MA  
2751.png&h=50
Wyoming
TBD   21 tickets as low as $68 Aggie Memorial Stadium, Las Cruces, NM  
2504.png&h=50
Prairie View
TBD   458 tickets as low as $8 Rice Stadium, Houston, TX  
62.png&h=50
Hawai'i
7:30 PM   664 tickets as low as $45 CSU Stadium, Fort Collins, CO  

Thursday, August 30

MATCHUP   TIME  (ET) NAT TV TICKETS LOCATION
302.png&h=50
UC Davis
TBD   32 tickets as low as $29 CEFCU Stadium - Home of the Spartans, San Jose, CA  
166.png&h=50
New Mexico State
TBD   1,017 tickets as low as $21 TCF Bank Stadium, Minneapolis, MN  
77.png&h=50
Northwestern
TBD   572 tickets as low as $15 Ross-Ade Stadium, West Lafayette, IN  
2116.png&h=50
UCF
TBD   120 tickets as low as $45 Pratt & Whitney Stadium at Rentschler Field, East Hartford, CT  
2542.png&h=50
Savannah State
5.png&h=50
UAB
TBD   58 tickets as low as $31 Legion Field , Birmingham, AL  
2115.png&h=50
Central Connecticut
TBD   11 tickets as low as $69 Scheumann Stadium, Muncie, IN  
338.png&h=50
Kennesaw State
TBD   5 tickets as low as $69 Georgia State Stadium, Atlanta, GA  
2692.png&h=50
Weber State
TBD   323 tickets as low as $21 Rice-Eccles Stadium, Salt Lake City, UT  
154.png&h=50
Wake Forest
TBD   77 tickets as low as $59 Yulman Stadium, New Orleans, LA  
2466.png&h=50
Northwestern State
8:30 PM SECN
WatchESPN
1,880 tickets as low as $12 Kyle Field, College Station, TX

21 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Not sure why we are bothering to try to rehash what could/ve been in this draft. 

Why don't we see how the picks we actually took work out?

So spend six months speculating on the draft and running mock drafts and dissecting prospects ... but don't come in here after you've got to know the Browns news players and look back on the draft?

See my first post in the thread ... but why criticize someone that wants to further analyze the draft?

Zombo

16 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

You have no problem acting like a banana basket ....as you are now, when you think something is irrelevant.   Or to hijack any thread if you so choose. Not surprising though, since you have sworn your hypocritic oath.

1 hour ago, Zombo said:

So spend six months speculating on the draft and running mock drafts and dissecting prospects ... but don't come in here after you've got to know the Browns news players and look back on the draft?

See my first post in the thread ... but why criticize someone that wants to further analyze the draft?

Zombo

Analyzing the draft is fine.  But I don't see where the thrust of this thread does that.  It just seems to want to second guess the draft.   Isn't that what it asks?  Who would you have taken instead of whom we did take?  Or, am I reading this all wrong? 

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Analyzing the draft is fine.  But I don't see where the thrust of this thread does that.  It just seems to want to second guess the draft.   Isn't that what it asks?  Who would you have taken instead of whom we did take?  Or, am I reading this all wrong? 

I thinking you're reading it right. And I think it's a perfectly OK idea for a thread.

Zombo

12 minutes ago, Zombo said:

I thinking you're reading it right. And I think it's a perfectly OK idea for a thread.

Zombo

It is a perfectly valid idea for a thread.....as it is perfectly valid to argue about the usefulness of such an exercise.  Fair to say?  Aren't we all about point/counterpoint here?

On 5/7/2018 at 9:16 AM, Zombo said:

For shits and giggles, I will see where my Browns mock draft guys went ... But screw these guys:

Zombo's Mock Cleveland Brown Draft (WWZD)

1.1 Sam Darnold, QB, USC

Went two spots later to the NYJ. In Dorsey (and Baker) we trust!

1.4 Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn St.

Off the board at #2 to Giants, him being there at #4 was just a boy and his dream...

2.1 (Trade Duke Johnson to move up into late first round) Josh Jackson, CB, Iowa

Went Pick 45 to Green Bay in the second round ... So, we got a much higher-rated corner and we kept Duke!

2.2  Sam Hubbard, DE,  Ohio St

Went Pick #77 to Cross State Rival Bungles ... Eh, we love Ogbah ... and we got that Miami dude.

2.3 Brian O'Neill, OT, Pitt

Went pick #62 to Vikings. We got a more versatile guy at #33 ... Dorsey is kicking my butt.

See this Gip^^ were not reinventing the wheel here.Most fans 2nd opinion there teams draft in a dead period..If ya think Barkley & B.Chubb & Mason Rudolph makes the Browns better now into future? Say it now.. not in week 3 0r 4 when it becomes more likely or not..That's all this topic was ever intended to be.. 

2 hours ago, gumby73 said:

See this Gip^^ were not reinventing the wheel here.Most fans 2nd opinion there teams draft in a dead period..If ya think Barkley & B.Chubb & Mason Rudolph makes the Browns better now? Say it now.. not in week 3 0r 4 when it becomes more likely or not..That's all this topic was ever intended to be.. 

Do the same with the 2014 draft.....and see how interesting that would be at this point.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived