THE BROWNS BOARD

Undrafted FA signings

jcam222

17 minutes ago, syd said:

nice video at the end

Dorsey obviously understand how a 1-31 football team is seen as toxic and is doing things to try and change that mentality.

As soon as he could, ahead of free agency, he traded for some veteran talent.  He was trying to demonstrate to veteran free agents that unlike the previous regime, WE WANT YOU!  We want your talent and your knowledge to go along with our youth.  He wants it understood that we're NOT gonna sit back and HOPE that the team improves.  We're going to IMPROVE it!  

It's no easy thing to change the perception of a losing franchise but he's doing all he can to do just that.  Dorsey 'seems' to be what we needed.  And like Mayfield, I'll support Dorsey until such time that I don't feel he deserves to be supported.

1 minute ago, Orion said:

Dorsey obviously understand how a 1-31 football team is seen as toxic and is doing things to try and change that mentality.

As soon as he could, ahead of free agency, he traded for some veteran talent.  He was trying to demonstrate to veteran free agents that unlike the previous regime, WE WANT YOU!  We want your talent and your knowledge to go along with our youth.  He wants it understood that we're NOT gonna sit back and HOPE that the team improves.  We're going to IMPROVE it!  

It's no easy thing to change the perception of a losing franchise but he's doing all he can to do just that.  Dorsey 'seems' to be what we needed.  And like Mayfield, I'll support Dorsey until such time that I don't feel he deserves to be supported.

cool with that I have to admit (well I'm sure you saw my thread) that i  was pissed that we drafted Mayfield but if he is going to be the guy then i am behind it and it's gonna be hard work to change the view from the outside world on the Browns good luck Dorsey

I'm intrigued with the Harrison signing - Thompson does seem like a steal.

The tall db Thomas might also be a steal. I think he could be a safety. Going to be interesting hugely.

3 minutes ago, darren15 said:

I think Desmond Harrison makes the team ....I drafted him in Round 4 in our draft .....super talented

He definitely fits the "talented with tons of baggage" M.O. from this draft. 

There's also this guy 

Zaycoven Henderson‏ @lobo5540 11h11 hours ago

Thank you @Browns for the opportunity. Won’t regret it.

Former Texas A&M defensive tackle Zaycoven Henderson was not invited to the Aggies’ Pro Day Tuesday, despite getting clearance from university officials, according to Henderson’s agent Waukeen McCoy.

According to an email obtained by The Eagle, Henderson, who was arrested in December on three charges of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, tampering with evidence and possession of less than two ounces of marijuana, gained clearance to return to campus from Dean of Student Life Anne Reber, should he be invited by the football program.

Texas A&M head football coach Jimbo Fisher said Monday the decision whether to invite Henderson was a university issue with which he was not involved.

And another one, 

Justin Wells‏ @justinwells2424

Follow Follow @justinwells2424

Former Texas WR, Grambling DB Montrel Meander signs UDFA deal with the Cleveland Browns.

Two Texas wide receivers are suspended from the football program indefinitely after they were arrested Thursday and charged with sexual assault, a second-degree felony.

Kendall Sanders and Montrel Meander were booked in Travis County and released on a personal recognizance bond. Sanders also was charged with improper photography. A court date will be set in a few weeks.

2 hours ago, jcam222 said:

I'm starting to understand the strategy now, we are turning into the Bengals LOL

Dorsey's looked into their souls...

Makes me wonder how he'd do with Putin.

On 4/29/2018 at 6:41 AM, darren15 said:

I think Desmond Harrison makes the team ....I drafted him in Round 4 in our draft .....super talented

Draftek   had him as the number 71 overall Best prospect.  In essence a late 2d, early 3rd rounder.

And we get him as a UDFA?

Either the Browns have scored a very big coup.....or someone's scouting is way off.

13 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

It is not surprising that those receivers were waived....but I thought Nacua may have still had a chance to do something.

2 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

It is not surprising that those receivers were waived....but I thought Nacua may have still had a chance to do something.

And I think Louis is a goner as well. Just too many drops which was also a problem in college. If Ratley proves to have better hands with his similar size and speed, it's his spot for the taking.

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

And I think Louis is a goner as well. Just too many drops which was also a problem in college. If Ratley proves to have better hands with his similar size and speed, it's his spot for the taking.

Well.....maybe.   The question is:  how many WRs will the Browns keep?

Right now, in theory you have these guys ahead of Ratley on the depth Chart:

Gordon,  Coleman, Landry, Higgins, Louis, Janis, Calloway.   Ratley would make 8.   I do think there will be a competition for a roster spot between Ratley, Louis, Higgins.  So there may be a good chance of what you say being true.  

But, again, the question is: how many WRs make that roster? I think only 6 is likely.  So that means only 1 of those 3 make it perhaps.

There also may be a Practice Squad in Ratley's future

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Well.....maybe.   The question is:  how many WRs will the Browns keep?

Right now, in theory you have these guys ahead of Ratley on the depth Chart:

Gordon,  Coleman, Landry, Higgins, Louis, Janis, Calloway.   Ratley would make 8.   I do think there will be a competition for a roster spot between Ratley, Louis, Higgins.  So there may be a good chance of what you say being true.  

But, again, the question is: how many WRs make that roster? I think only 6 is likely.  So that means only 1 of those 3 make it perhaps.

There also may be a Practice Squad in Ratley's future

Possibly so since he knows nothing about pro route trees. However I think he has skills that may just push him ahead of known quantities who so far have not produced. Hard to tell since neither he nor they had a QB to throw decently to them with exception of the last few games for Ratley that produced all his TDs this past season.

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Possibly so since he knows nothing about pro route trees. However I think he has skills that may just push him ahead of known quantities who so far have not produced. Hard to tell since neither he nor they had a QB to throw decently to them with exception of the last few games for Ratley that produced all his TDs this past season.

Of course, if Gordon and Calloway fail in their expectations of sobriety....he could have better chances then.  But lets hope not. If he gets a roster spot, I hope it will be legit.

Browns UDFAs as of now:

Player School
DB Montrel Meander Grambling
 OT Desmond Harrison West Georgia
 CB  Elijah Campbell Northern Iowa 
 DT  Zaycoven Henderson Texas A&M 
 LB D.J. Calhoun  Arizona State 
 TE  Charles Standberry  Louisville
 DB/RS Evan Berry  Tennessee 
CB Micah Hannemann  BYU 
WR/RS Darvin Kidsy Jr.  Texas Southern
P Michael Carrizosa San Jose State
LB  Courtney Love  Kentucky 
 DT Drew Bailey Louisville 
 FB Garrett Dickerson  Northwestern
 OT Christian DiLauro  Illinois 
 WR DaMari Scott  Fresno State 
 C Freddie Burden  Georgia Tech 
 LS Nick Seme Ohio State 
 WR Tony Morrison  Heidelberg 
 OT  Trevor Darling Miami 
 DT Daniel Ekuale Washington State 
 DT Trenton Thompson Georgia
 WR Derrick Willies Texas Tech

Who sticks if anyone?  Noted on another thread:   Desmond Harrison seems top rated.

Archived