THE BROWNS BOARD

Mason Rudolph

onkyoreceiver

22 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Prediction/hypothesis:  BR gets hammered and is injured and out....for most of the year.

Who do you want in there at QB from your roster?

I'm superstitious so I'm not touching this one. I assume Landry Jones is 2nd in command unless Rudolph beats him in camp. Landry is efficient.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, Vagitron said:

The steelers draft bpa the majority of the time. He was taken in the third round, I'm not too worried about it. 

However every single one of those guys got tossed into starting too early, it's a recipe for failure everytime. Three of those guys were drafted in the first and imo of the three not one was a great value.

Yes, the Browns got unlucky with their draft picking of QBs...and the Steelers got lucky.  They could have easily had the second coming of Joey Harrington or Akili Smith or Ryan Leaf on their hands...but they didn't. They got a good QB. They got lucky.  

The Browns just need some of that same kind of luck.

22 hours ago, Vagitron said:

I'm superstitious so I'm not touching this one. I assume Landry Jones is 2nd in command unless Rudolph beats him in camp. Landry is efficient.

The 1-14 Browns should have had him beat when they played a couple of years ago.  Its just that the Browns did every stupid thing that could possibly be done to lose that game.

23 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Yes, the Browns got unlucky with their draft picking of QBs...and the Steelers got lucky.  They could have easily had the second coming of Joey Harrington or Akili Smith or Ryan Leaf on their hands...but they didn't. They got a good QB. They got lucky.  

It's less about luck and more about continuity and a team/draft culture. All the qbs you mentioned had major flags in one way or another but the Browns still took the plunge. Johnny and Quinn were both free falling, weeden was damn near 30. The others were drafted outside the first. Cowher didn't even want to draft Ben but Rooney forced the issue. Sure luck plays a part but some teams are absolutely better about drafting than others. The Steelers for example are a wide receiver factory. Is that luck? Or the process?

The 1-14 Browns should have had him beat when they played a couple of years ago.  Its just that the Browns did every stupid thing that could possibly be done to lose that game.

What's your point? Bell sat that game as did Brown. The Steelers had the two seed locked up. I certainly don't have delusions of grandeur with Landry. He isn't going to lead the steelers to a super bowl victory but he's a fine back up. I feel much better about Rudolph than I do Jones, especially with the steelers drafting Washington.

Well the Steelers did have Tommy Maddox, Kordell Stewart, and Bubby Brister.

Let's hope we finally got it right with Mayfield.

3 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Well the Steelers did have Tommy Maddox, Kordell Stewart, and Bubby Brister.

Well we didn't draft Tommy and kordell was a second rounder ;)

Stewart was afc offensive player of the year in 01. He would have had a longer career as a wr.

3 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

Well we didn't draft Tommy and kordell was a second rounder ;)

Stewart was afc offensive player of the year in 01. He would have had a longer career as a wr.

I always thought Cowher tried to make him in to a pocket only passer.. He was more Sprint Read option.. I just think Stewart would have done better without Bill Cowher.. Not saying Cowher was bad... I just didnt think Stewart was a "Steeler" kind of player. He would've been better on a finesse type of team..

2 hours ago, Vagitron said:

It's less about luck and more about continuity and a team/draft culture.

Bullshite arsebag.  NO amount of continuity and team culture is going to make a crappy QB a good QB. If the Steelers had drafted Brady Quinn...he would have sucked eggs for them just as much as he sucked eggs for us.  If the Browns had drafted BR he would have been good for them just as he was good for the Steelers.  You are trying to invent some horse dung that does not exist.

All the qbs you mentioned had major flags in one way or another but the Browns still took the plunge. Johnny and Quinn were both free falling, weeden was damn near 30. The others were drafted outside the first. Cowher didn't even want to draft Ben but Rooney forced the issue. Sure luck plays a part but some teams are absolutely better about drafting than others. The Steelers for example are a wide receiver factory. Is that luck? Or the process?

You take a 6th rounder...and he becomes All Pro...that is basically pure dumb effing luck.   The Steelers are a WR factory because they have a great QB throwing to them.  They would be a suckarse WR team without BR throwing to them.  

2 hours ago, Vagitron said:

What's your point? Bell sat that game as did Brown. The Steelers had the two seed locked up. I certainly don't have delusions of grandeur with Landry. He isn't going to lead the steelers to a super bowl victory but he's a fine back up. I feel much better about Rudolph than I do Jones, especially with the steelers drafting Washington.

My point is that Landry sucks and that it took the worst team in the league to shoot itself in the foot for him to beat them.  

And yes, if I were you I would feel better about Rudolph than about Landry....and I guess his teammate James Washington is going to help him.  When BR gets hammered and out for the year....you will be able to make your choice between those 2 QBs.  ☠️

20 hours ago, nickers said:

I always thought Cowher tried to make him in to a pocket only passer.. He was more Sprint Read option.. I just think Stewart would have done better without Bill Cowher.. Not saying Cowher was bad... I just didnt think Stewart was a "Steeler" kind of player. He would've been better on a finesse type of team..

Its a little known fact, but Ghoolie is a big Kordell fan. Like you, he saw the potential.

They first met at Frick park in Pittsburgh when Ghoolie was in town for a Browns game.

On 6/16/2018 at 2:34 PM, The Gipper said:

Prediction/hypothesis:  BR gets hammered and is injured and out....for most of the year.

Who do you want in there at QB from your roster?

Me thinks that BR is very frustrated with Tomlin. MT has really made some blunders.

BR hated Haley at first, but Haley converted Pitt in to a passing team thereby taking advantage of the new rules. I see Ben calling it quits if they dont at least make it to the Super Bowl this year.

58 minutes ago, boo fagley said:

Me thinks that BR is very frustrated with Tomlin. MT has really made some blunders.

BR hated Haley at first, but Haley converted Pitt in to a passing team thereby taking advantage of the new rules. I see Ben calling it quits if they dont at least make it to the Super Bowl this year.

No,  the Drama Queen will just create more drama...but he won't call it quits.  He lives for the drama and he is an attention whore so  there is nothing else in his life that will bring him either of those, so he won't quit.  Some may claim that the drafting of Rudolph got his competitive juices revitalized. Perhaps, a bit.  Which would just make him like every other player in the NFL whose job is threatened by a younger player.

No, he will just ramp up the drama...that is what Queens like him do:

dc06c9c6785531f9cd3a18569ab6eede--ben-ro

5 hours ago, The Gipper said:

No,  the Drama Queen will just create more drama...but he won't call it quits.  He lives for the drama and he is an attention whore so  there is nothing else in his life that will bring him either of those, so he won't quit.  Some may claim that the drafting of Rudolph got his competitive juices revitalized. Perhaps, a bit.  Which would just make him like every other player in the NFL whose job is threatened by a younger player.

No, he will just ramp up the drama...that is what Queens like him do:

dc06c9c6785531f9cd3a18569ab6eede--ben-ro

He wants to go out a winner, but his body may not last that long.

Now he has a whole new OC to get used to.  Pitt is definitely in the conversation, but a lot of moving parts need to come together. 

• 5 weeks later...
On 6/20/2018 at 9:46 AM, boo fagley said:

You realize it was Ben that pretty much forced Haley out right? He was talking retirement and once Haley was out of the picture he said he wanted to play another three to five. You really don't follow along outside your Berea bubble.

On 6/19/2018 at 12:41 PM, nickers said:

Qb wise I think that's fair. Stewart was a ridiculous athlete.

On 6/19/2018 at 3:19 PM, The Gipper said:

My point is that Landry sucks and that it took the worst team in the league to shoot itself in the foot for him to beat them.  

And yes, if I were you I would feel better about Rudolph than about Landry....and I guess his teammate James Washington is going to help him.  When BR gets hammered and out for the year....you will be able to make your choice between those 2 QBs.  ☠️

Did you forget how good our line is now? Are teams going to load the box on Ben with his offensive options? Do you watch football? All you do is talk out of your butt. Seriously. You jam that megaphone up your butt and just toot toot your way around like a cartoon character.

On 6/20/2018 at 4:38 PM, boo fagley said:

He wants to go out a winner, but his body may not last that long.

Now he has a whole new OC to get used to.  Pitt is definitely in the conversation, but a lot of moving parts need to come together. 

Research who his "new" oc is and reevaluate. Lol

1 hour ago, Vagitron said:

You realize it was Ben that pretty much forced Haley out right? He was talking retirement and once Haley was out of the picture he said he wanted to play another three to five. You really don't follow along outside your Berea bubble.

Been to Cleveland 1 time.

They should do something about the roads.

People close to Rooney wanted Tomlin out. http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/minority-steelers-owners-mike-tomlin-fired-article-1.3760840 11 seasons in and 7 of those Tomlin could not win a post season game. Tomlin took Cowhers team and won a Super Bowl 10 years ago. Destroyed by the Packers in the Super Bowl, destroyed by the Patriots every time their name is mentioned and destroyed by the Jaguars. Bradshaw says that Tomlin is a clown and he is. His tough man worked for awhile, but the players tune it out after so long. "We got something for dat Patriot a$$?  Idiot!

1 hour ago, Vagitron said:

Did you forget how good our line is now? Are teams going to load the box on Ben with his offensive options? Do you watch football? All you do is talk out of your butt. Seriously. You jam that megaphone up your butt and just toot toot your way around like a cartoon character.

DeCastro and AV are awesome to watch.. I know people hear hate to hear this.. But I actually think AV looks more natural at LT than J. Thomas.. That's how good I actually think he is.. Call me crazy.... I still think Anthony Munoz (Cinn) was the best at the position I ever saw...

55 minutes ago, boo fagley said:

Tomlin promoted somebody he can control.

Tomlin promoted him because that's who Ben wanted. He's been with Ben a long time and when Haley was screaming in people faces or in Ben's face Ben wanted nothing to do with him they brought randy out of the press box. Haley got tossed for a reason and it wasn't tomlin. You are going to find out soon enough on your own sideline. They would bring randy down from the press box to difuse Haley. "Idiot"

As for your other stupid butt post Tomlin was never in danger of losing his job and that was from rooney himself. How many coaches have the Browns gone through and how many have the steelers gone through? How many of the steeler coaches got fired when they left the team? You want to know a substantial contributor to the steelers success? Continuity. You are a shitty poster boo boo. I feel bad for the message board.

11 minutes ago, nickers said:

DeCastro and AV are awesome to watch.. I know people hear hate to hear this.. But I actually think AV looks more natural at LT than J. Thomas.. That's how good I actually think he is.. Call me crazy.... I still think Anthony Munoz (Cinn) was the best at the position I ever saw...

I love AV but I don't know about all that lol. He's getting better and better. DD is a machine and Gilbert is underrated. Pouncey when healthy is one of the most athletic lineman in the game and foster is straight blue collar, there is a lot to love with our offensive line.

Villaneuva or however he spells his name is a good LT, but he is not nor will ever be Joe Thomas.

He's overrated because of his Army background. If he was some guy who played at random college right out of high school, then went to the NFL, no one outside of Pittsburgh would have ever heard of him. 

57 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

I love AV but I don't know about all that lol. He's getting better and better. DD is a machine and Gilbert is underrated. Pouncey when healthy is one of the most athletic lineman in the game and foster is straight blue collar, there is a lot to love with our offensive line.

I expect you guys to do well this year..But.. I think our division stacks out pretty tightly , I'm saying it's up for grabs ... should be fun... for once...

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

Villaneuva or however he spells his name is a good LT, but he is not nor will ever be Joe Thomas.

He's overrated because of his Army background. If he was some guy who played at random college right out of high school, then went to the NFL, no one outside of Pittsburgh would have ever heard of him. 

Overrated by whom? I don't think he's as good as Joe Thomas either but he pretty much just started playing the position all things considered. He came into the league either as a defensive lineman or a tight end. I don't remember which was first but he was tried at both. The Steelers then moved him to offensive line. He's not Overrated by the pundits. He's just solid.

Archived