THE BROWNS BOARD

Mason Rudolph

onkyoreceiver

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I liked him.. I had a feeling the Stools would nab him... But like all the QB's in this draft.. There are questions...

5 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Good backup/fringe starter IMO... Probably not the eventual starter to replace Ben, and if he is, this could be what we need for the Steelers to become an also-ran. 

His college  statistics were every bit as good as any other quarterback in this draft. However some felt that his arm may not have been as strong. But next to Mayfield he was the most accurate. Nevertheless at this point I do hope he is a complete failure as some of you all predict

1 minute ago, The Gipper said:

His college  statistics were every bit as good as any other quarterback in this draft. However some felt that his arm may not have been as strong. But next to Mayfield he was the most accurate. Nevertheless at this point I do hope he is a complete failure as some of you all predict

Brandon Weeden had a nearly 70% completion rate at OK State. 

Something to consider regarding the accuracy of Baker and Rudolph. 

2 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Brandon Weeden had a nearly 70% completion rate at OK State. 

Something to consider regarding the accuracy of Baker and Rudolph. 

Yes we have had the whole big 12 quarterback conversation a few times hereYes we have had the whole big 12 quarterback conversation a few times here

They traded up to get him...."too good of a talent to pass up" according to Tomlin.

Add to this amazing pick is the fact that Steelers selected a stud wide receiver as well...Mason's teammate James Washington.

You're lookin into the future here folks!

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2018/4/27/17294364/mason-rudolph-pittsburgh-steelers-james-washington-nfl-draft-2018

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

He has a chance to be the best quarterback in this draft class but I sure as Shmuck in hell hope that's not true

You're not the only expert that believes this.

Much to the dismay of Rizzo, some guest analyst on the show after completing his analysis of Mayfield, Rosen, Darnold, and Allen, when finally asked who he thought was the best QB, he said ....Mason Rudolph!

Maybe it was this guy.

https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/Bolt/ESPNs-Stugotz-Mason-Rudolph-is-the-best-QB-in-the-NFL-Draft-117665029

2 hours ago, StinkHole said:

Much to the dismay of Rizzo, some guest analyst on the show after completing his analysis of Mayfield, Rosen, Darnold, and Allen, when finally asked who he thought was the best QB, he said ....Mason Rudolph!

Maybe it was this guy.

https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/Bolt/ESPNs-Stugotz-Mason-Rudolph-is-the-best-QB-in-the-NFL-Draft-117665029

Same things were said about Landry Jones and how Dobbs would develop blah blah blah. Rudolph will never be more than a fringe starter. I do not fear Mason Rudolph, in fact I hope you think he is the future, he is pedestrian.

3 hours ago, StinkHole said:

Maybe it was this guy.

Well all that is fine well and good but now Rudolph can go suck it suck it suck it suck itWell all that is fine well and good but now Rudolph can go suck it suck it suck it suck it

This isn't wishful thinking... I honestly do not worry about the Ravens and Steelers adding Lamar Jackson and Mason Rudolph.

Honestly, I hope both teams just drafted their QBs of the future. Realistically, I think Baltimore thinks they did.

I think Pittsburgh thinks they've upgraded from Landry Jones and Josh Dobbs... and maybe if they get lucky Rudolph could be even more for them. 

4 hours ago, StinkHole said:

Maybe it was this guy.

Well, those draft Experts? at CBS Sports had Rudolph as the #1 qb too. He's the #1 outlier. Otherwise, about the 5-6th best qb this year, depending on who you were asking. Maybe the Steelers will get hit by lightning and find their next Joe Montana third round special, but the odds are better you drafted the next Colt McCoy or Cody Kessler. 

23 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Well, those draft Experts? at CBS Sports had Rudolph as the #1 qb too. He's the #1 outlier. Otherwise, about the 5-6th best qb this year, depending on who you were asking. Maybe the Steelers will get hit by lightning and find their next Joe Montana third round special, but the odds are better you drafted the next Colt McCoy or Cody Kessler. 

Let's just hope you are rightLet's just hope you are right

40 minutes ago, hoorta said:

This was a draft rich in QB's. Had it not been so, Rudolph would have been projected  a 1st rounder, a second round projection at worst....that not coming from me but from what I read and I believe it.

No way on earth Tomlin and Colbert would have traded up to get this guy if they felt the odds that Rudolph was gonna be a McCoy or Kessler...they already have a McCoy and Kessler!

Besides, he's a big dude at 6'5" 229...

2 minutes ago, StinkHole said:

This was a draft rich in QB's. Had it not been so, Rudolph would have been projected  a 1st rounder, a second round projection at worst....that not coming from me but from what I read and I believe it.

No way on earth Tomlin and Colbert would have traded up to get this guy if they felt the odds that Rudolph was gonna be a McCoy or Kessler...they already have a McCoy and Kessler!

Besides, he's a big dude at 6'5" 229...

Yeah I (we) know Rudolph has ideal size. What caused him to drop was less than NFL average arm strength, and lack of anticipation receivers breaking open. Doesn't mean he can't or wont succeed, but don't view this guy as Ben's eventual replacement- yet. 

11 hours ago, runyon27 said:

Same things were said about Landry Jones and how Dobbs would develop blah blah blah. Rudolph will never be more than a fringe starter. I do not fear Mason Rudolph, in fact I hope you think he is the future, he is pedestrian.

No, they were not. I don't know how I feel about Rudolph. I certainly didn't believe we were going to draft a qb. However the steelers had a first round grade on him. They sure as hell didn't with Dobbs or Jones and no one, I repeat no one talked about Dobbs or Jones like they have talked about Rudolph. 

"May be the best"? Sure, but the odds are not good. 

That said at the price of a third... might as well take a shot.

More importantly I think since Rudolph did not even go in the 2nd, Gip should take everyone to lunch who considered any kind of Rudolph related bet with him...

... and have to wear a Steeler throwback jersey to boot.

Archived