THE BROWNS BOARD

2018 NFL DRAFT - DAY THREE - rounds 4 through 7 and pick #256 

mjp28

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey... I got another one.

I quit!

Found Avery off the Combine. Tape is mixed, but there are flashes... and in Round 5 flashes are about all you can hope for.

6 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Hey... I got another one.

I quit!

Found Avery off the Combine. Tape is mixed, but there are flashes... and in Round 5 flashes are about all you can hope for.

Kiper says we got a Rd 5 steal.

SUMMARY: A two-year starter at Notre Dame, St. Brown lined up all over the formation, both inside and outside, for the Irish offense, separating himself as the
team’s No. 1 wide receiver. He put himself on the NFL radar as Kizer’s favorite target in 2016, although his production suffered with the inconsistent passing attack in
2017 with Wimbush under center. St. Brown has the acceleration to close cushions and stack cornerbacks with the quick hands to stab the ball away from his body.
He isn’t sluggish in his routes, but he doesn’t fool anyone either and it is too easy for physical defensive backs to slow him early in the route. Overall, St. Brown is a
lean, long and rangy receiver, who needs to develop his polish and play strength, but displays the vertical speed and athletic profile to be a threat at all three
levels of the defense – one of the few receivers in this draft class with the potential to be a No. 1 receiver in the NFL.

Why is he still on the board....?

Damn Steelers got my guy Marcus Allen. He's pretty good. 

Another CB is Tony Brown out of Bama. He was a 5***** player considered the top of the texas recruits the year he signed with them. No one has ever been able to convert that 4.35 speed into down for down superior play. But damn he's fast.

Keep building the o-line with Jamarco Jones. He played against really good pass rushers every day in practice. The knock against him in the scouting report is that he lacks ideal height but makes up for it with arm length. 

Is is a shorter tackle the worst thing in the world with Baker back there?

just noticed Shaquem Griffin got drafted by the Seahawks - same team that drafted his brother last year.

Great story, great move,  can't wait to watch him play in the pros. Great, great kid.

Just now, calfoxwc said:

just noticed Shaquem Griffin got drafted by the Seahawks - same team that drafted his brother last year.

Great story, great move,  can't wait to watch him play in the pros. Great, great kid.

They had the two brother interview on EsPN. Both broke down and held each other. Very touching.

Good pick. Long with good hands and decent speed. A&M lost their passer in the frist half of the first game which really hurt Kirk and Ratley. 

EDIT: The freshman QB was more like our kizer. Constantly overthrowing those two.

Archived