THE BROWNS BOARD

Chad Thomas???

Undertaker

33 minutes ago, Undertaker said:

Sorry, this DE is a 4th rounder at best...I watched the U several times and he was a guy that you wouldn't know who he was unless you read his name on the back of his jersey.

DraftScout graded him as a 6-7 cusp...

This is up there with Kessler for length of reach... So maybe it was Hue's pick???

3 minutes ago, cambridgeho said:

Any DE  would be rotational for us. We are set at right and left. This guys looks like he has some potential, just needs to be coached up. 

I would have been quite ok with Garrett and Chubb being the starting DEs, with Ogbah as the rotational back up. ;)

5 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I would have been quite ok with Garrett and Chubb being the starting DEs, with Ogbah as the rotational back up. ;)

Me as well, but that was yesterday. At least we got a Chubb. 😁

23 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I just did not get him or Corbett at those levels. Dorsey must have been out fetching coffee when those went in.:lol:

My friend Jeff Risdon ranked Corbett the 14th best player in the draft - overall. There is no rock hard consensus despite how long we discuss and convince each other we know what players’ Values are.

27 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

This is a weird draft. 

Every pick IMO feels like somewhat to significantly a reach. 

"Football guy" seeing what no one else sees... ;)

2 minutes ago, Mike H said:

My friend Jeff Risdon ranked Corbett the 14th best player in the draft - overall. There is no rock hard consensus despite how long we discuss and convince each other we know what players’ Values are.

As a ???? OT? OG? OC?

4 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

"Football guy" seeing what no one else sees... ;)

As a ???? OT? OG? OC?

Not sure I’ll have to ask. Some guy I discovered at NDT Scouting named Brandon Thorn had an excellent OL breakdown this year. He had Corbett as a G/C. Thinks he’ll play center. First round grade.

1 hour ago, cambridgeho said:

Any DE  would be rotational for us. We are set at right and left. This guys looks like he has some potential, just needs to be coached up. 

Then why take this guy so high? Someone you’re describing should be a 5th rounder or later

42 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

Then why take this guy so high? Someone you’re describing should be a 5th rounder or later

He has great ability and has been rated didferently on different sites. His potential will depend on development, like with most prospects. Regarding who goes where in the draft is a crap shoot, never understood when fans go up in arms for picks. If you look at other teams drafting, there were some head scratchers as well. I leave it to the scouts and just root for who we get, not be mad because we didnt get someone i thought would have been good. When the pick is made, its made. We will see how they pan out. 

3 hours ago, cambridgeho said:

He has great ability and has been rated didferently on different sites. His potential will depend on development, like with most prospects. Regarding who goes where in the draft is a crap shoot, never understood when fans go up in arms for picks. If you look at other teams drafting, there were some head scratchers as well. I leave it to the scouts and just root for who we get, not be mad because we didnt get someone i thought would have been good. When the pick is made, its made. We will see how they pan out. 

Very well said. Thanks for being a "voice of reason".

Mike

I'm not mad about it.....I don't see why we take someone that we can get 20 to 30 picks later. I hope he ends up being a solid player but right now I just don't think he is that good. Since NFL draft is such a big deal every year, its fair for fans to be happy about some picks and upset about some as well. After all, when you follow a team that is 1-31 the past two years and spend money on tickets, parking, food, gas, souvenirs, team wear,  and other things related to the Browns....you should have the right to at least critique a player that is taken at pick 67.

6 hours ago, cambridgeho said:

How has that worked out for you as a Browns fan since 1999?

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

How has that worked out for you as a Browns fan since 1999?

The same as it has as a Cavs and Indians fan as well. Not gonna lose sleep over if a guy was drafted in the 2nd round, but had a 4th round grade, but could possibly be a good 3rd rounder. 

1 hour ago, cambridgeho said:

The same as it has as a Cavs and Indians fan as well. Not gonna lose sleep over if a guy was drafted in the 2nd round, but had a 4th round grade, but could possibly be a good 3rd rounder. 

Yeah, being a team that is competent in drafting is definitely overrated. 

22 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

The BROWNS horrific drafting over the past few years has a LOT to do with the 1-31 recond. Tons of swings and misses!

.......edit add, and in general since 1999.

I've watched 3 full games of his.

You see the flashes of greatness that show why he was a 5* recruit.    The physical gifts to play all over the formation are there but he needs a great deal of work.   I feel this is a pick that could have been had later if not maybe even today.  

17 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Yours words. The main goal is to win a superbowl. Look at the last 10 superbowl winners and tell me fit of scheme doesnt outweigh need. Alot of these teams dont need to hit on every pick, because these teams win and good players want to go there in FA. The browns have been in a vucious cycle of over paid freeagents and not properly developing what we have because of coach and gm turnover. Last year we were the youngest team and competed. This year we have some great talent and hopefully a system.

1 minute ago, cambridgeho said:

Last year we were the youngest team and competed.

Competed? 

The Browns not only have gone 1-31 the last two seasons, but they've been the worst team vs the spread in the NFL too. That means as bad as everyone thinks they are (and the guys in Vegas who set the lines) the Browns have actually been worse. 

But honestly, I'm not even mad at you, I've been around Browns message boards long enough to know better. The weekend of the draft objectivity is completely discarded, replaced by rampant sunshine pumping by Browns fans. I shouldn't fight it, just let it slowly dissipate. :lol: 

Archived