THE BROWNS BOARD

Orlando Brown

BaconHound

15 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Take a clue from another movie of that era Rocky. And go try to chase down some chickensTake a clue from another movie of that era Rocky. And go try to chase down some

My grandmother's farm was my training ground where I had to chase down chickens so my aunt could pull off the heads before we put 'em in hot water before plucking. How'd you know?:lol:

20 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Take a clue from another movie of that era Rocky. And go try to chase down some chickensTake a clue from another movie of that era Rocky. And go try to chase down some

Hey Gip, are you doing the "Brick" from "The Middle" repeating under his breath thing??

51 minutes ago, Flugel said:

I STILL can't believe he didn't get drafted until round 3.

Orlando? I sure can, he was a fifth round prospect after that terrible combine. 

48 minutes ago, hish747 said:

Hey Gip, are you doing the "Brick" from "The Middle" repeating under his breath thing??

Gipper needs a new phone, or not use speech to text. 

18 hours ago, hoorta said:

Orlando? I sure can, he was a fifth round prospect after that terrible combine. 

Gipper needs a new phone, or not use speech to text. 

Or, all y'all need to just grow  up.   You will all survive the night if you have to look at these posts that are repetitive.  

But next time I see Steve....he will help with my setting to eliminate that. 

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Or, all y'all need to just grow  up.   You will all survive the night if you have to look at these posts that are repetitive.  

But next time I see Steve....he will help with my setting to eliminate that. 

Gip, it's annoying as hell the number of times it shows up. I've even edited some of your posts to take out the duplication. I may start charging you for editorial oversight. 

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

Gip, it's annoying as hell the number of times it shows up. I've even edited some of your posts to take out the duplication. I may start charging you for editorial oversight. 

Send me a bill......and get this reaction:

then put it in the hands of your lawyer for collection purposes when I don't pay it.

On April 29, 2018 at 2:14 PM, Flugel said:

I STILL can't believe he didn't get drafted until round 3.

Really Bad showing at the combine.  I would question his work ethic but thought, from the Browns perspective, if you take a chance on Callaway you could on Zeus Jr.

My guess is, after leaving OSU, Zeus Jr. let himself completely go - and that means he doesn't love

the game, doesn't have the desire to really go after it. I mean, I would think he would have been trimming down,

working on his forty, etc etc etc. Apparently not. That is too bad.

16 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

My guess is, after leaving OSU, Zeus Jr. let himself completely go - and that means he doesn't love

the game, doesn't have the desire to really go after it. I mean, I would think he would have been trimming down,

OSU? 

However, there is this little fact after the embarrassment at the combine, so he must have been doing something in between.

"He recovered at the Pro Day, after posting worst results in many tests. His combine stats were 14 reps bench press, 5.85 40-yard dash (same as his father's Pro Day score), 82-inch broad jump, 19.5 vertical jump, while his Pro Day results were 18 reps, 5.63 40-yards, 89" broad and 25.5" vertical."

5 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

However, there is this little fact after the embarrassment at the combine, so he must have been doing something in between.

"He recovered at the Pro Day, after posting worst results in many tests. His combine stats were 14 reps bench press, 5.85 40-yard dash (same as his father's Pro Day score), 82-inch broad jump, 19.5 vertical jump, while his Pro Day results were 18 reps, 5.63 40-yards, 89" broad and 25.5" vertical."

Still nothing to write home about Ag. Glad the Ravens took him. A Ghoolie Sumo wrestler...  

6 hours ago, hoorta said:

Still nothing to write home about Ag. Glad the Ravens took him. A Ghoolie Sumo wrestler...  

Orlando Brown Jr. is a fat 60ish old heart attack waiting to happen on two pencil legs blowhard? 

15 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Believe it or not, he was at the same pre-combine fitness camp other prospects attended like Derwin James, Will Hernandez, Cedrick Wilson, Josh Rosen and others attended. The only reason I know this is I watched the documentary about 8 prospects working toward the draft produced by Aaron Rodgers.  This was a holistic approach that included a sound nutrition program. The NFL Channel still aired this after the draft and it may do so again.  Fascinating stuff worth watching.

The interesting thing I learned about Orlando Brown at the Combine just prior his 1st 40 yard nap was how much weight he lost since reaching about 400 lbs late last season.  Excuse the bad memory here - it was either 47 or 74 lbs (either amount is epic progress).  That shows me EFFORT and DESIRE every bit as much as his attending the fitness camp.  Again, at 6'8" tall - he isn't wired well for the bench press especially if we factor in the amount of weight loss challenging his ability to get stronger.  I don't really care what he runs the 40 in. His dad wasn't even drafted and I doubt he would have done that much better. However, when we needed a badasssss run blocking RT the first time he was here - we ran the ball through some impressive/playoff caliber front 7s like Philly's w/ Jerome Brown and Reggie White and Dallas.   We John Deere Tractored enough fronts to make Leroy Hoard a Pro Bowl FB (a position he didn't even play) the regular season we went 11-5.  His son will probably also play RT for the Rats.

A couple draft guides with positional evals/rankings that were written well before the Combine rated him high among OTs based on film. Lindy's had him at #2 w/ round 1 projection. Athlon had him at #3 w/ round 1 projection. Getting this guy in round 3 seems like an epic steal to me. He'll probably be a RT for Ratville. 

Here's some of the football stuff swept way under rug since Indy:

He gave up 0 sacks according to the QB that was successful every year Orlando protected his blind side.  So what else? Let's check out their running game to see if he has a little of his dad in his run blocking ability. In 2016, Joe Mixon rushed for 1274 yds at 6.8 ypc while backup RB Samaje Perine rushed for 1060 yds at 5.4 ypc. In 2017,  R Anderson had 1161 yds at 6.2 ypc while T Sermon had 744 yds at 6.1 ypc and A Adams had 542 yds at 9.1 ypc.  I see some pretty impressive ypc working well in tandem w/ a QB protected well enough to earn the Heisman. His efforts on the field earned him the following resume:

1. Unanimous All American in 2017
  2. 2 time First Team All Big 12 in 2016 and 2017
  3. Big 12 Lineman of the The Year in 2016 and 2017
  4. Freshman All American 2015
  5. Honorable Mention All Big 12 in 2015

5 hours ago, Flugel said:

A couple draft guides with positional evals/rankings that were written well before the Combine rated him high among OTs based on film. Lindy's had him at #2 w/ round 1 projection. Athlon had him at #3 w/ round 1 projection. Getting this guy in round 3 seems like an epic steal to me. He'll probably be a RT for Ratville. 

Here's some of the football stuff swept way under rug since Indy:

He gave up 0 sacks according to the QB that was successful every year Orlando protected his blind side.  So what else? Let's check out their running game to see if he has a little of his dad in his run blocking ability. In 2016, Joe Mixon rushed for 1274 yds at 6.8 ypc while backup RB Samaje Perine rushed for 1060 yds at 5.4 ypc. In 2017,  R Anderson had 1161 yds at 6.2 ypc while T Sermon had 744 yds at 6.1 ypc and A Adams had 542 yds at 9.1 ypc.  I see some pretty impressive ypc working well in tandem w/ a QB protected well enough to earn the Heisman. His efforts on the field earned him the following resume:

1. Unanimous All American in 2017
  2. 2 time First Team All Big 12 in 2016 and 2017
  3. Big 12 Lineman of the The Year in 2016 and 2017
  4. Freshman All American 2015
  5. Honorable Mention All Big 12 in 2015

That was his fault he bloated up to 400 pounds Tom.  Not surprising he was weak at the combine, You'd have to burn off almost 3,000 calories a day to lose 50 pounds that fast. 

Remains to be seen if he can cut it in the pros, he's not playing for the Browns. I'll stick to my opinion he'll get beaten by every speed rusher in the league. Doubtless every D- coordinator in the NFL took note of that 40 time, and will line up their fastest guy opposite him. 

4 hours ago, hoorta said:

Remains to be seen if he can cut it in the pros, he's not playing for the Browns. I'll stick to my opinion he'll get beaten by every speed rusher in the league. Doubtless every D- coordinator in the NFL took note of that 40 time, and will line up their fastest guy opposite him. 

What's with the twisted nipples Larry?   Was I even replying to you?  And I'll stick to my opinion that includes the film your opinion chooses to refrain from.  What he put on film led to a pretty decorated college football resume.

Who here really expected Orlando to look good in Fruit of the Looms running track?  Now let's tackle the physics.  He also didn't change my mind that the levers of a man 6'8" tall are suddenly beneficial on the bench press.  Should ALL 32 teams have really decided those 2 tests were way more important than what he put on film?   I've seen a lot of guys that played LT in college end up playing RT in the NFL like Schwartz and Coleman in particular.  I have a feeling Orlando Jr will end up at RT to remind me the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree.

The only common ground I have with you here is he was drafted by a team I hate. 

7 hours ago, Flugel said:

What's with the twisted nipples Larry?   Was I even replying to you?  And I'll stick to my opinion that includes the film your opinion chooses to refrain from.  What he put on film led to a pretty decorated college football resume.

Who here really expected Orlando to look good in Fruit of the Looms running track?  Now let's tackle the physics.  He also didn't change my mind that the levers of a man 6'8" tall are suddenly beneficial on the bench press.  Should ALL 32 teams have really decided those 2 tests were way more important than what he put on film?   I've seen a lot of guys that played LT in college end up playing RT in the NFL like Schwartz and Coleman in particular.  I have a feeling Orlando Jr will end up at RT to remind me the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree.

The only common ground I have with you here is he was drafted by a team I hate. 

Let me give you a Ghoolie- he's gonna suck. Since he plays for the Ratbirds, that should make you happy.    

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

Let me give you a Ghoolie- he's gonna suck. Since he plays for the Ratbirds, that should make you happy.    

How about just treating me the way I treat you?   I'm a bigger fan of the golden rule than the golden shower.

If you read the flow of discussion - you would have seen who I replied to, why I did so with the rationale behind it. I don't mind if you disagree with me about his football talent more so than how he compared with Tony Mandarach at the workout.  Mandarach was almost a fat-free 325 lb Left Tackle that aced the 40 yard dash and the bench presses to the extent he was a #2 overall pick by GB.  When it came time to play LT in the NFL - Built like House played like Mouse.  Then he got liver disease and got off the roids. He went from 325 lbs to 285 lbs.  When he returned to football 40 lbs lighter, he played OG and started there for a few years with Indy. The Combines overrated him all the way up to a #2 overall pick; but when it was all said and done - he played like a productive mid round OG.  If that doesn't remind you how much Combines and workouts can misplace/overrate somebody's ability on the field - nothing will.  Why should this only apply to Josh Allen this year?  

The serious disconnect between Jr's tape as part of a powerhouse Offense and his Combine showing sent 32 teams running back to his tape. One was comfortable enough to stop his fall from a 1st Day lock as the end of the 2nd Day approached.

3 hours ago, Flugel said:

How about just treating me the way I treat you?   I'm a bigger fan of the golden rule than the golden shower.

If you read the flow of discussion - you would have seen who I replied to, why I did so with the rationale behind it. I don't mind if you disagree with me about his football talent more so than how he compared with Tony Mandarach at the workout.  Mandarach was almost a fat-free 325 lb Left Tackle that aced the 40 yard dash and the bench presses to the extent he was a #2 overall pick by GB.  When it came time to play LT in the NFL - Built like House played like Mouse.  Then he got liver disease and got off the roids. He went from 325 lbs to 285 lbs.  When he returned to football 40 lbs lighter, he played OG and started there for a few years with Indy. The Combines overrated him all the way up to a #2 overall pick; but when it was all said and done - he played like a productive mid round OG.  If that doesn't remind you how much Combines and workouts can misplace/overrate somebody's ability on the field - nothing will.  Why should this only apply to Josh Allen this year?  

Sheeze, don't take it personally. I just happen to think the odds are against Orlando. He did ok at Oklahoma, remains to be seen in the NFL.

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

The serious disconnect between Jr's tape as part of a powerhouse Offense and his Combine showing sent 32 teams running back to his tape. One was comfortable enough to stop his fall from a 1st Day lock as the end of the 2nd Day approached.

Yeah, here's some footage below that shows him being able to trap/pull long or short from backside to playside well enough for the play to be effective. There's also examples where he makes nice blocks on the second level. He stays with his man.  Doesn't get baited to the outside guy when the defense stunts/blitzes the LBer on a delay inside.  I do see evidence of endurance issues here and where his pad height gets sloppy as a result. There's also some Georgia footage thrown in at the end and very brief Ohio State footage there as well.  He may not be the next Orlando Pace but he can be better than his dad in pass pro while he hopes to match what his dad did as a run blocker earlier on in his career.

Archived