THE BROWNS BOARD

Ghoolie's Final Word - The only.one that matters.

Ghoolie

14 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

He's a racist piece of garbage. 

Just like you. 

For those of us who have actually met Ghoolie (I have, several times) the real life Tom is is what you see in the original post in this thread. I have no idea why he insists on posting garbage 90% of the time- I think he just does it for amusement when he gets bored.  

5 minutes ago, hoorta said:

For those of us who have actually met Ghoolie (I have, several times) the real life Tom is is what you see in the original post in this thread. I have no idea why he insists on posting garbage 90% of the time- I think he just does it for amusement when he gets bored.  

Maybe he's an a**hole? :lol:

......just kidding of course. ;)

14 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Maybe he's an a**hole? :lol:

......just kidding of course. ;)

But he's a very smart a-hole. That stuff he posted about the water deal and music isn't made up. You know they say the flip side of genius is insanity. I'll digress for a second and say I had to ask his professional opinion on to my mind one of the greatest guitar prodigies I've ever seen. Tina was around 15 when she was doing stuff like this- I think she's around 20 now.  :)   

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

You guys need to get a room.👨‍❤️‍💋‍👨

No.. He loves click bait... He lives for it.. You can tell.. He can get his own room and jack off for all I care....

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

Well.....I have to deal with a person (a family member) who is diagnosed as a schizophrenic.  And these complete mood swings are typical of that. 

The problem with Ghoolie is that he seems to take the Browns failures over the years far more personal than the rest of us.....as if he believes he has more invested in them than the rest of us do.  But, of course, we know better.  He is not as old as you and I, Larry, and he has not been a fan as long. Perhaps that is also the narcissism in him.  You see how one narcissist can screw up this board, and we see how one can screw up the country.  To Ghoolie, it is all about him him him.  Nobody else counts.   But of course, we do. We just suffer in a more sane manner. 

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

But he's a very smart a-hole. That stuff he posted about the water deal and music isn't made up. You know they say the flip side of genius is insanity. I'll digress for a second and say I had to ask his professional opinion on to my mind one of the greatest guitar prodigies I've ever seen. Tina was around 15 when she was doing stuff like this- I think she's around 20 now.  :)   

so your saying she has been legal for a couple of years now 

2 hours ago, syd said:

so your saying she has been legal for a couple of years now 

:D I'm sure she has a fair number of groupies- BTW, that's not the toughest stuff from a technical standpoint she can do, just something guys would be the most familiar with. There's plenty of her other stuff on YouTube, including a perfect cover of The Floyd's and David Gilmour's Comfortably Numb if you're interested.  When you're in your teens can can cover guitar masters like Eddie Van Halen and Steve Vai- incredible.  

As the Ghoul told me- she already outclasses 95% of pop guitarists- including guys like Eric Clapton. But until you start doing your own original stuff it don't mean squatoosh.     

3 hours ago, nickers said:

No.. He loves click bait... He lives for it.. You can tell.. He can get his own room and jack off for all I care....

Somewhere a village is desperately missing it's nickers... 

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

:D I'm sure she has a fair number of groupies- BTW, that's not the toughest stuff from a technical standpoint she can do, just something guys would be the most familiar with. There's plenty of her other stuff on YouTube, including a perfect cover of The Floyd's and David Gilmour's Comfortably Numb if you're interested.  When you're in your teens can can cover guitar masters like Eddie Van Halen and Steve Vai- incredible.  

As the Ghoul told me- she already outclasses 95% of pop guitarists- including guys like Eric Clapton. But until you start doing your own original stuff it don't mean squatoosh.     

I've seen that video a gazillion times... She lacks soul or feeling.. Hopefully She's learned from her experiences.. But not everyone that plays can understand being emotionally connected.. Guitar is a very complex instrument... I've been playing since I was 10 years old... It's like a contact sport.. It's not like Drums or Piano where everything is in front of you so to speak.. It requires a lot of muscle memory , Physically.. And Mentally. At that time.. Her playing is/was very mechanical and lacks dynamics or soul.. But that's not unusual for most youngsters.. Very few really get "Tone".. 90% of the guitar players out there , are just going through the motions...

5 hours ago, nickers said:

I've seen that video a gazillion times... She lacks soul or feeling.. Hopefully She's learned from her experiences.. But not everyone that plays can understand being emotionally connected.. Guitar is a very complex instrument... I've been playing since I was 10 years old... It's like a contact sport.. It's not like Drums or Piano where everything is in front of you so to speak.. It requires a lot of muscle memory , Physically.. And Mentally. At that time.. Her playing is/was very mechanical and lacks dynamics or soul.. But that's not unusual for most youngsters.. Very few really get "Tone".. 90% of the guitar players out there , are just going through the motions...

I totally get what you're saying. Thing is- there aren't that many guys out there who can "go through the motions" like that. Just being a virtuoso isn't going to make you a lot of money. Especially covering stuff other guys have done. But being a guitar hack myself- (left handed like the master Jimi,  PS- having physical limitations, I don't have enough reach with my pinkie to cover the Allman's Midnight Rider) & never being quite good enough to get up on stage with a band- I was blown away with her technical mastery. Watching her do 14 fret slides perfectly on that Steve Vai cover is something I could never do even if I practiced 18 hours a day for years.  

12 hours ago, hoorta said:

I totally get what you're saying. Thing is- there aren't that many guys out there who can "go through the motions" like that. Just being a virtuoso isn't going to make you a lot of money. Especially covering stuff other guys have done. But being a guitar hack myself- (left handed like the master Jimi,  PS- having physical limitations, I don't have enough reach with my pinkie to cover the Allman's Midnight Rider) & never being quite good enough to get up on stage with a band- I was blown away with her technical mastery. Watching her do 14 fret slides perfectly on that Steve Vai cover is something I could never do even if I practiced 18 hours a day for years.  

I was fortunate enough to figure out on My own some of Vai's and Satch's technique.. It never sounded like a mystery to me.. But by the same token.. I never cared for theyre guitar sound. Too much midrange and shrillness (high end). A lot of great players have Sheet guitar sounds.. Im not saying its completely bad.. But even when I first started.. I was really taken by Al DiMeola and his precise palm muting techniques and his precise picking style.. By the same token.. I love Jeff Beck and Steve Lukather (toto) But taking a part Stevie Ray Vaughan licks opened up a flood gate of ideas for me.. Intervals were huge for me... I built a good part of my style based on intervals. That uses 4ths, 3rd's and 5th's in the enharmonic scale.. I also appreciated talents like Merle Travis and Chet Atkins.. The Edge from U2 and Pete Townshend from the Who.. I cared a lot about , and still do about phrasing. Having a good vibrato in your fingers (that's your voice). Whats great about guitar... You don't necesarrily  have to be the most technical player to be great.. Soul and communicating emotions in other people is like having an out of body experience... I love everything except Rap and Modern Country.. I'm influenced by everything , pretty much... I play several instruments.. All self taught pretty much.. I started out taking guitar lessons But learning Puff the magic dragon or "Whose going to Scarborough Fair" was just a bit too mundane for me.. I took what I could.. And left the rest behind..

Don't know if this shows up or not.. but here's me just honking off on a dare from a friend of mine...

https://www.facebook.com/Nicaroni/videos/vb.758604893/10152975286389894/?type=2&video_source=user_video_tab

EDIT: link doesn't work Nickers.  :(  

16 hours ago, hoorta said:

Did you seriously just write what I highlighted above?  I think you need a time out for some reflection....WITHOUT the wine glass in hand. :P

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Did you seriously just write what I highlighted above?  I think you need a time out for some reflection....WITHOUT the wine glass in hand. :P

Just what Ghoolie told me Gipper. His opinion is Clapton is overrated. 

What Nickers just said, you don't have to be in the top 10% of technical guitar masters to make a lot of money. A prime example is Bruce Springsteen. Exhibit A is watching Tom Morello blow Bruce off the stage with this rendition of "The Ghost of Tom Joad". Difference is Bruce wrote the song...  BTW, this is from the Rock & Roll HOF 25th Anniversary Concert- if you haven't watched it, it's an incredible collection of talent.  :)  

On 7/29/2018 at 3:21 PM, nickers said:

Then what do you call Drew Brees?.. Hes shorter than Baker

Brees didn’t play in the big 12

2 hours ago, Browns149 said:

Brees didn’t play in the big 12

Doesn't matter.. Hes "short" and a SB winner...

On 7/31/2018 at 5:46 AM, TexasAg1969 said:

Now this is talent. Composer, violinist and pianist since very early age.

Got around to watching those videos. Ok- your  young 'un is a definite prodigy. Didya know Elton John was in the same class? So here's some of Tina's "classical" stuff. If she wanted to go the Andres Segovia route- I'm sure she could. See the comment (not mine) underneath the video.  

Beethoven himself wrote that the third movement of moonlight sonata was written mostly to push music to the ultimate limits of impossibility when it came to composing and performing. sixteeth notes in 190bpm. and undoubtedly one of the most complex pieces of music ever written. Easily rivaling Mozart, Bach, Brahms and many other great composers who came before Beethoven. Moonlight sonata 3rd movement was arguably the biggest assertion of dominance in music history... and here a girl in her mid twenties plays it with almost robotic accuracy, putting such emotions in every vibrato and every string so that even the gods are weeping. And maybe most absurd of all.. she still looks like a bored teenage girl who just wants to check her phone while doing all of this.

On 7/30/2018 at 1:04 PM, hoorta said:

It’s impressive, given her age. She loses the tempo here and there, but it’s a helluva lot better than I was at 15.

Hell, since starting up my current band that writes in more of a Petty/Springsteen style, flashy stuff hasn’t been part of my arsenal. I’d like to think muscle memory would get me back in the swing of it after kicking off the rust. Then again, the old bones would probably tell the muscles to go Shmuck themselves.

2 hours ago, broganreynik said:

since starting up my current band that writes in more of a Petty/Springsteen style, flashy stuff hasn’t been part of my arsenal. 

Flashy enough!  Hands to these kind of sounds, seems totally impossible to me. Hopes to The Heartbreakers keep rockin'   

You guys have certainly hijacked this thread into a music only jam session.....

........but judging from the original message it may be a huge improvement.  :lol:

Archived