Nick Chubb

stillmotion

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I don't think he would have been there @ 64 though Tour

Agree... but maybe 45th-ish?

Our haul so far just feels "reachy"... some more than others, but bottom line is it feels like our value is modest at best. With some minor maneuvering value would have increased considerably.

Of course not being in the room, can't know what calls came in from other teams.

Chubb reminds me of a slighty smaller version of the Jamal Lewis the Browns had for a couple years.  That is about as fast as Jamal was able to run for us, worked out pretty well.  He beat the he// out of defenses.  I don't care where first-pick ranks these guys, if he is on top of Dorsey's board then he picked him where he should have been picked. 

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Agree... but maybe 45th-ish?

Our haul so far just feels "reachy"... some more than others, but bottom line is it feels like our value is modest at best. With some minor maneuvering value would have increased considerably.

Of course not being in the room, can't know what calls came in from other teams.

Value is subjective sir! Especially after the first round. The consensus you think exist is shattered year after year. I’m trying to be more open about it and not overreacting with a “reach” and “steal” mentality based on rankings not published by NFL teams. Media draft analysts do a heck of a job sorting through all this mess, arguably better than teams, but they aren’t making the picks and don’t have all of the info/priorities or mindset of every team’s decision makers.

Have seen two analysts with Chubb as RB1. Ahead of Barkley. Pick 35? Steal! 🎉

1 hour ago, Mike H said:

Value is subjective sir! Especially after the first round.

... and every one of the various Draft Value Charts out there show the shrinking differential of successive picks with each passing round. However, Picks 33 and 35 are just a whisper away from Round one.

Subjective? Of course... times two: player evaluation and importance of the relative positions

Just right now feels "reachy" to me.

2 hours ago, StinkHole said:

Chubb a nice pick.

With Tyrod, Chubb, Landry, the offense has improved by leaps and bounds.

Without a doubt. Pieces are fitting together very well.

Mike

I love the picks. Mostly, because the Browns didn't draft from the cheapest draft magazine and

combine results. They drafted based on criteria that some of us have talked about for years.

Character/love for the game/intelligence/fight throught adversity - etc, right down the line.

I believe that Shaquill Griffin fits that criteria - and his speed would help make him a star on special teams,

and situations on defense.

The only player I got right in my early mock draft was Chubb, same round, I think it was.

Corbett - already has a big link to the Browns offensive line - Joel Bitonio.

http://fox8.com/2018/04/27/austin-corbett-already-has-connection-to-browns-offensive-line/

And Chubb is more the quick feet power back the Browns needed. Sony is terrific - but he is more

speed. They are different rb's.

http://www.cleveland.com/budshaw/index.ssf/2018/04/nick_chubb_fits_what_the_brown.html

His running instincts looks off the charts... impressive.. Hard to bring down.. He appears to create his own lanes too..  Watching this kid is gonna be fun!

oh, hell yeah. Chubb isn't a plodder power back like a fullback. Underestimating him is a big mistake. His lateral movement and balance, instinctive running - oh, he's going to help  rock the Browns running game.

9 hours ago, Tacosman said:

not a fan of chubb....sony so much better and only a pick higher

However you have to remember Chubb was the starter and pretty well softened up defenses at the start of every game for Sony to work on when they were a little tired. I like Sony better too, but Chubb was just about equal in most mocks/ratings and Sony was already gone so there's that.

EDIT: Both are light years better than Crow of the blind bird tribe. And he will keep those LBs honest so Landry can work the short game.

24 minutes ago, Louisville Slugger said:

I don't get the people who are say we could have traded back 10 spots and still picked player x. Maybe, but did we land a good player? I think most of us agree that Chubb and Ward are great prospects so I dont consider then reaches. Thomas and Corbett on the other hand look like bad picks.

The real issue is could you have made better use of your #1 and #4 picks IF you knew for sure you were going for Mayfield and Ward. Two top 5 picks are rare and valuable and no team would ever jump ahead of you to grab those two players UNLESS you just could not take the chance.

A #1 pick in the draft alone is worth a LOT to a motivated team, just see trades throughout draft history.

Mayfield and Ward might be good picks, those two plus more R1 and top R2 is better. This will be debated for years now as the best/worst moves in the 2018 NFL Draft.....you can bet on that!

1 hour ago, Bigalow80 said:

I like chubb. He's a good player. That knee injury from a few years ago is what scares me. I don't think people realized how bad it was and the fact he was able to come back is super impressive. I think he is a one contract guy. I hope he proves me wrong. 

Modern medical care is amazing compared to even a few decades ago, players are rehabbing stronger than they were before their what used to be catastrophic injuries. 

Other sports too, TJ surgery is now almost routine and expected and pitchers can come back better. 

10 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Modern medical care is amazing compared to even a few decades ago, players are rehabbing stronger than they were before their what used to be catastrophic injuries. 

Other sports too, TJ surgery is now almost routine and expected and pitchers can come back better. 

does tj also work on boners

10 hours ago, mjp28 said:

The real issue is could you have made better use of your #1 and #4 picks IF you knew for sure you were going for Mayfield and Ward. Two top 5 picks are rare and valuable and no team would ever jump ahead of you to grab those two players UNLESS you just could not take the chance.

A #1 pick in the draft alone is worth a LOT to a motivated team, just see trades throughout draft history.

Mayfield and Ward might be good picks, those two plus more R1 and top R2 is better. This will be debated for years now as the best/worst moves in the 2018 NFL Draft.....you can bet on that!

You think Ward would have made it past Tampa?  I don't.  You only have 2 teams to negotiate with if that's your guy.  I don't think Indy was wanting to give up picks this draft and Denver was trying to move back until Chubb fell to them.  It just had to be done this way if they wanted him to wear brown and orange.  Imho.

Archived