Jump to content
Dr.Footwear

Mayfield is no Brees

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Image result for baker mayfield's girlfriend pics

 

Nice little perky boobies.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I have never cheered for you.

You're the trailer trash loser lining up to fellate Drunkard Mayfield and Inmate Callaway, not me. Enjoy swilling cheap beer while you cheer rapists and alcoholics like the typical fat American sports fan. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 10:36 AM, Dutch Oven said:

I'm sorry, that was vague, it was on the message board mjp, Coyote and I were previously on for years that generally wanted nothing to do with Weeden on Wednesday before the draft, but by Friday morning miraculously "slept on it" and decided it was a shrewd move by the Browns. I see a similar reaction to Mayfield. I'm not expecting people to riot, but just asking for a little consistency. 

I'm intrigued by the Baker Mayfield Experiment. He was definitely 3rd on my list, but he's not Josh Allen, so thank dog for small miracles... :lol:

 

which board ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, VikingDawg said:

You're the trailer trash loser lining up to fellate Drunkard Mayfield and Inmate Callaway, not me. Enjoy swilling cheap beer while you cheer rapists and alcoholics like the typical fat American sports fan. 

I am just a fan...that's right.  That hopes that the players that my team selected do well.  I also hope that they stay clean...and am willing to see that they are given a chance to do so.

So, no,  I am not a judgmental, pluperfect prick buggerer  who thinks he has a monopoly on righteousness.

And if you don't like the way American sports fans conduct themselves....then go find another sport.    

I am sure that the Cricketeers would be glad to have you.  That seems like a sport for pious, pompous, tight sphinctered, sanctimonious, pretentious pharisees like you. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As you continue swilling PBR and counting your welfare checks so shall I continue supporting and cheering for whichever Sport that *I* choose. Save the cult cowpoop about being a blind follower or not following at all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Garcia married very well indeed for a gay guy...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, VikingDawg said:

As you continue swilling PBR and counting your welfare checks so shall I continue supporting and cheering for whichever Sport that *I* choose. Save the cult cowpoop about being a blind follower or not following at all. 

You are the one that says he wants blind obeisance to some unattainable standard that you seem to want to impose...on players/fans.  A standard you certainly fall far short of yourself.  I don't see, based on that...that there is anything or anyone out there for you to root for.

(by the way...they are Social Security checks now...which I worked very hard to earn)

OH WAIT....by the way....maybe there is a guy:

Tim Tebow is playing for the Binghamton team at the Akron Rubber Ducks. So, you should go root for him.

He is a young man with character.  Ain't worth spit as either a pro football player or baseball player.   But he was good at his level....and so you should stick to your level:   only follow holy rollers with minor league talent.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I am just a fan...that's right.  That hopes that the players that my team selected do well.  I also hope that they stay clean...and am willing to see that they are given a chance to do so.

So, no,  I am not a judgmental, pluperfect prick buggerer  who thinks he has a monopoly on righteousness.

And if you don't like the way American sports fans conduct themselves....then go find another sport.    

I am sure that the Cricketeers would be glad to have you.  That seems like a sport for pious, pompous, tight sphinctered, sanctimonious, pretentious pharisees like you. 

Now, now Gip. Don't pick on this little kid. After all, a child's ego is very fragile.

Mike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Garcia married very well indeed for a gay guy...

I still have a Garcia Bobblehead my brother bought me.  I almost shitcanned it, but it's still looking at me as I type. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

You are the one that says he wants blind obeisance to some unattainable standard that you seem to want to impose...on players/fans.  A standard you certainly fall far short of yourself.  I don't see, based on that...that there is anything or anyone out there for you to root for.

(by the way...they are Social Security checks now...which I worked very hard to earn)

OH WAIT....by the way....maybe there is a guy:

Tim Tebow is playing for the Binghamton team at the Akron Rubber Ducks. So, you should go root for him.

He is a young man with character.  Ain't worth spit as either a pro football player or baseball player.   But he was good at his level....and so you should stick to your level:   only follow holy rollers with minor league talent.

This team is named after Paul Brown, a man who didn't let garbage like Callaway or Mayfield mop floors, much less play. If you want to cheer for a team full of scumbags then go follow the Yinzers or Ratbirds. They love your kind, welfare willy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, VikingDawg said:

This team is named after Paul Brown, a man who didn't let garbage like Callaway or Mayfield mop floors, much less play. If you want to cheer for a team full of scumbags then go follow the Yinzers or Ratbirds. They love your kind, welfare willy. 

So you're leaving now. OK.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

According to the Darnold loving Browns executice

After the scouting combine, it was widely assumed that the Cleveland Browns had zeroed in on Sam Darnold as their man at the top of the 2018 draft. However, Cleveland made a late pivot to Baker Mayfield that shocked the NFL world.

Asked Monday what the Browns saw in Mayfield that they didn't see in Darnold, vice president of player personnel Alonzo Highsmith explained that the 2017 Heisman winner's 'it' factor swayed him from his original top grade on Darnold.

"Here's the honest to God's truth," Highsmith said, according to CantonRep.com's Steve Doerschuk. "From the start of his college football season to the end of the season, I had Darnold No. 1 and Baker No. 2, (Josh) Rosen No. 3, (Lamar) Jackson No. 4, and (Josh) Allen after that.

"On our way through everything, you couldn't tell me Darnold wasn't the best. I did all my evaluations of the season. Then comes the part where you meet them off the field. You watch their workouts. You watch everything. And Baker blew me away. Highly, highly intelligent. Highly competitive.

"And he had a trait that some of the good ones have. I call it efficacy. That includes the power to (affect) other people. I thought that of all the quarterbacks I watched, he stood out far and above the other guys. When he walked into a room, you knew he was there."

Darnold didn't have to wait long to hear his name called, as the New York Jets jumped on the talented quarterback at No. 3 overall.

Josh Allen was also in contention to go the Browns but ultimately went seventh overall to the Buffalo Bills. Highsmith said Mayfield's ability to succeed regardless of his supporting cast pushed him ahead of the former Wyoming passer.

"Baker Mayfield lost two receivers and he was the same quarterback,” Highsmith said. "Josh Allen ... big arm ... he could throw the ball from here to the moon. When they have to make excuses ... why are they not completing passes? That's a problem."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Image result for baker mayfield's girlfriend pics

 

Almost looks like that psycho Jodi Arias somewhat.'

Image result for Jodi arias pics

 

 

OMG.... :blink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, VikingDawg said:

You're the trailer trash loser lining up to fellate Drunkard Mayfield and Inmate Callaway, not me. Enjoy swilling cheap beer while you cheer rapists and alcoholics like the typical fat American sports fan. 

Um, there's a few guys here with enough money- they could buy a trailer park if they had the mind to. So can the insults, Mr. Holier than Thou. If you're a true old timer, let me remind you if then was now, Jim Brown would be in jail for beating up on women. 

So- you like name calling on Mayfield. Yup, he got drunk once that we all know about, that doesn't make him a big time juicer. Got any concrete proof otherwise, other times? You had better be a complete tea-totaler before you play the drunkard card on Baker. You're also way out of line if you don't think after the Manziel fiasco, the Browns didn't have intel on every bar in Norman and interviewed everyone they could think of about Baker's off-field proclivities. PS, as far as we know, Callaway isn't in jail. 

You must have forgotten Caleb Brantley had a brush with the law before we drafted him, so why not follow a team that's 100% choir boys? I'll give you a hint- you won't be able to find one. 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, PoeticG said:

OMG.... :blink:

Yeah, the wife had a interest in the Jodi Arias thing- talk about psycho- it was pretty gruesome Po. I had thoughts about editing out the aftermath. Jodi's doing life without parole now. 

BTW, in my former life as a Blood Bank specialist at an inner city hospital- I got to see more than enough ER blood and gore to last a lifetime. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Kvoethe said:

"Baker Mayfield lost two receivers and he was the same quarterback,” Highsmith said. "Josh Allen ... big arm ... he could throw the ball from here to the moon. When they have to make excuses ... why are they not completing passes? That's a problem."

I think that's a dumb quote - Highsmith was a fullback and a pro boxer. LOL

http://www.fresnobee.com/sports/college/article147249004.html

Ex-Wyoming QB says Cowboys’ Josh Allen is ‘real deal’

Mayfield didn't lose his offensive linemen - arguably the best in all of college football. There's that.

It helps immensely to have a dominant offensive line., Mr. Fullback.

https://stormininnorman.com/2017/07/15/oklahoma-football-sooner-2017-offensive-line-best-in-business/

Oklahoma football: Sooner 2017 offensive line best in the business

http://newsok.com/article/5559463

Sooners' offensive line ranked best in the nation

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/21403204/baker-mayfield-all-other-guys-making-oklahoma-sooners-offense-elite

Baker's band: All the pieces making OU's offense elite

NORMAN, Okla. -- Last season, Oklahoma's explosive offense was akin to a string quartet, composed of four special skill talents.

Three of those are gone. And yet, the Sooners have been even more devastating this season, behind a full orchestra of versatile playmakers and the best conductor in the game, quarterback Baker Mayfield, utilizing his array of options to historically efficient levels.

"It's unbelievable how explosive we are, and how many weapons we have," said Mayfield, who has taken over the Heisman Trophy conversation while taking the Sooners to the brink of the College Football Playoff with the help of perhaps the deepest offensive skill contingent in the nation.

"I could go on and on about how many guys that could be that guy potentially on any given night," Mayfield said. "We have very talented guys, a great supporting cast, and obviously when you have a great offensive line, it's a pretty good mix right there."

"It's been one of the deepest skill groups I've ever been around," Riley said. "And our guys have had a solid ability to rise when they get their opportunities."

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

having answered that, Alonzo -

here is the real reasoning behind the decision to go with Mayfield - makes sense to me. It will be fun watching these qbs in this draft go through the next couple of years and see who was right.

Personally, I'm really thinking we got the best guy to turn the Browns around now, without waiting for

a whole year.

https://www.ohio.com/akron/sports/why-browns-vp-of-player-personnel-alonzo-highsmith-became-believer-in-baker-mayfield-during-pre-draft-process

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, VikingDawg said:

This team is named after Paul Brown, a man who didn't let garbage like Callaway or Mayfield mop floors, much less play. If you want to cheer for a team full of scumbags then go follow the Yinzers or Ratbirds. They love your kind, welfare willy. 

Transference.  I suspect that you are actually the one receiving welfare.  

And you are wrong about Paul Brown......the Bengals legacy of giving people with wayward pasts began with him:

The Bengals' history of second chances started with team founder and Hall of Famer Paul Brown in the Bengals' first season, 1968. In the fourth round, Paul Brown drafted Phillips, a former Michigan State player who was serving a prison sentence for forging a check.

Upon Phillips' release, Mike Brown picked him up and drove him to training camp. 

Phillips was "a kid with an engaging personality who has it all in front of him," Paul Brown said at the time. He turned out to be right. Phillips played six years with the Bengals and four more with the Saints, Raiders and Patriots.

In those days, players didn't make enough money to live on and worked off-season jobs to get by. Phillips worked as a mortgage loan officer for Central Trust Bank in Cincinnati and later became a stock trader.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

here is the real reasoning behind the decision to go with Mayfield

So............. racist?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dunno if its been said in this marathon of jumbled threads 

rumor coming out that the patriots were going to dump some picks to try to take mayfield at #2 if we didnt take him

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kvoethe said:

Dunno if its been said in this marathon of jumbled threads 

rumor coming out that the patriots were going to dump some picks to try to take mayfield at #2 if we didnt take him

Agent says Patriots considered trading up to No. 2 for Baker Mayfield

https://search.app.goo.gl/ErY39

Shared from my Google feed

WSS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

So............. racist?

what ? that's obtuse, or just obnoxious, especially strange coming from you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

what ? that's obtuse, or just obnoxious, especially strange coming from you.

Was meant to be an allusion to the late-breaking "stuff" on Allen... but came out more than a little disconnected.

Better?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Was meant to be an allusion to the late-breaking "stuff" on Allen... but came out more than a little disconnected.

Better?

Okay, I got it now. lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Agent says Patriots considered trading up to No. 2 for Baker Mayfield

https://search.app.goo.gl/ErY39

Shared from my Google feed

WSS

Steve, for the Patriots to make that move up to #2, it would have taken their entire draft plus more to move up that high. If you remember when Bill was at Chubb's pro day he said, we won't be able to move up high enough to get you. 

So with 20\20 hindsight, Po's dream of Barkley first, Mayfield second wasn't happening. Anyone but Baker at #1, it wasn't happening. Getting more obvious by the minute, the Teams had a far different opinion of Mayfield than the talking heads and draft wannabes did. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Agent says Patriots considered trading up to No. 2 for Baker Mayfield

https://search.app.goo.gl/ErY39

Shared from my Google feed

WSS

What's definitely interesting about this is that the agent really had no "play" to make this statement. His guy is the #1 pick on a rookie wage scale so it's not like he's vying for a bigger deal. He'd burn bridges for future affairs if he outright lied. 

Hoorta is right, and I'm not the one looking to believe this by any means. It's just apparent that Mayfield was much more highly rated than we thought by many teams. As I said 100 times on here, with that mind any clown who says we could have had the dude at 4 is naive. I still don't get a fuzzy feeling with the pick, but in the situation the Browns were in you draft the franchise QB 100 times out of 100 first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kvoethe said:

Dunno if its been said in this marathon of jumbled threads 

rumor coming out that the patriots were going to dump some picks to try to take mayfield at #2 if we didnt take him

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hoorta said:

Steve, for the Patriots to make that move up to #2, it would have taken their entire draft plus more to move up that high. If you remember when Bill was at Chubb's pro day he said, we won't be able to move up high enough to get you. 

So with 20\20 hindsight, Po's dream of Barkley first, Mayfield second wasn't happening. Anyone but Baker at #1, it wasn't happening. Getting more obvious by the minute, the Teams had a far different opinion of Mayfield than the talking heads and draft wannabes did. 

Well.....as I said before:   By objective standards,  Mayfield was the best QB in college footballs.  It was the subjective standards that seemingly held him back in a lot of opinions:    a guy his height can't do it;   he was too immature;  he was a Johnny Clone.  etc.

No on field stuff.   The Pro Scouts apparently focused more on the on field stuff than the off field stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mentioned in another thread that word from the pats camp was they were posed to put together a package to move up to 6 or 7 if Mayfield fell that far.

As h pointed out, they really did not see themselves having the ammo to move up further... which of course translates to "did not like Mayfield's value" higher than 6/7.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/27/2018 at 7:24 PM, Dr.Footwear said:

I went to Purdue and saw the majority of Brees’ games. Brees was a tennis player, which many believe helped with his footwork. Rosen was also a top tennis player. Mayfield is a clown who went against miserable B12 defenses and who won’t do anything in the NFL. Dumb pick. 

So let me understand this. Despite (allegedly) living in Las Vegas, you can find nothing better to do than go onto a forum for a team you couldn't care less about and try to bait people you don't know, and who also couldn't care less about you,  into your uninformed and thoughtless conversation. Attention seeking that pathetically transparent is more than just a little sad.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×