THE BROWNS BOARD

Mayfield is no Brees

Dr.Footwear

37 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Semi-fair comment, but were you even here when we drafted Wheezy? There were few that embraced him pre-draft. There were more than a few who "he's ours now" embraced him. But there were a lot of us who were confident he was the mistake he turned out to be.

I'm sorry, that was vague, it was on the message board mjp, Coyote and I were previously on for years that generally wanted nothing to do with Weeden on Wednesday before the draft, but by Friday morning miraculously "slept on it" and decided it was a shrewd move by the Browns. I see a similar reaction to Mayfield. I'm not expecting people to riot, but just asking for a little consistency. 

I'm intrigued by the Baker Mayfield Experiment. He was definitely 3rd on my list, but he's not Josh Allen, so thank dog for small miracles... :lol:

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Gipper I don't know what kind of phone you have but I think it probably needs a system update. Mine used to do that all the time repeating whatever I dictated. 

WSS

Probably right probably right probably rightProbably right probably right probably

1 hour ago, Babernakle said:

I would say fail for drew lock but it’s certainty that they will fail dumbShmuck fan boys will scream for mayfield he will fail and we will get the first pick next year but the browns will muck that up too

Not to worry, soon enough Gordon, Callaway and the midget will no doubt be busted partying and smoking dope and suspended for the season and we will be in prime position to draft more Sheet players next year. 

1 hour ago, Babernakle said:

I would say fail for drew lock but it’s certainty that they will fail dumbShmuck fan boys will scream for mayfield he will fail and we will get the first pick next year but the browns will muck that up too

Then turn in your fan card if you so badly want the Browns to have another horrible season, just because you don't like Mayfield. 

Look- I absolutely hated us picking Kizer, but I sure didn't want the Browns to go 0-16 just to prove my prognosticating correct. At least I waited until Kizer had several bad games in a row before the "Suck for Sam" started coming out. 

10 minutes ago, VikingDawg said:

Not to worry, soon enough Gordon, Callaway and the midget will no doubt be busted partying and smoking dope and suspended for the season and we will be in prime position to draft more Sheet players next year. 

I need to start a Eeyore Club for a couple of you guys. What's next, hoping Hue drowns when he jumps in the Lake? 

Image result for eeyore

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

"Manziel's character head little to do with his downfall" - TacoCabana should be immortalized in our Hall of Bad Posts.

I do agree that Baker is much less athletic than JFF, which is why Baker had to learn how to play QB to the extent he has.

Nonsense....Johnny's character WOULD HAVE prevented him from being good, but character issues aside JM didn't have the requisite nfl skill set anyways.  

JM was another undersized qb with an unfavorable release point to boot who had an average arm.  He could have been the highest character guy ever and still wouldn't have been shite as an nfl qb, thus it had little to do with his inability to be a successful nfl qb.  It had a lot to do with amplifying all the negativity and bad press, but that has nothing to do  with my origina statement.  

We'll see on Baker....I think the most likely comp is Jeff Garcia.  If he turns out to be that I'd be content.  

13 minutes ago, VikingDawg said:

The fact you are trying to rationalize cheering for dirtbags says more about you than us. 

Kid gets busted once for drunk and disorderly and he's a dirtbag?  Sad if you want to say Callaway doesn't need a chance to turn his life around. Nah- doper and low quality criminal. The Bengals are the leader in the clubhouse for taking chances on guys with shady pasts- or presents. Forget about Joe Mixon already? Cinci would have no fans left if they all felt like you. 

22 hours ago, VikingDawg said:

Lucking into Ray Lewis did wonders for dumbphuck Ozzie. 

You would have hated being a Ravens fan with this dirtbag on your team... 

22 minutes ago, VikingDawg said:

The fact you are trying to rationalize cheering for dirtbags says more about you than us. 

Baker was my #3 QB, and while I was disappointed, it is what it is.

Pray tell who did you want, since no one ever saw you on this board until you started throwing hissy fits this weekend?

6 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Actually, I never said a negative word towards his mother (unlike Ghoolie, who I believe multiple times said that I fellated my mother's penis). So apparently mothers are NOT out of bounds, are they?

No, he got all bent out of shape because likely I hit upon a kernel of truth regarding him. 

DUDE............. GROW THE FUKC UP.  Fellating your mother's penis is NOT an insult to your family. "Mother" insults are totally acceptable in the "locker room". There is a difference between "your mother" jokes, and SPECIFICALLY hurling an insult that is connected to REAL WORLD circumstances involving someone's Mother, that you are fully aware of. Had you told me, "Ghoolie, go suck your Mothers nasty tiddies", you would have made a locker room joke. However, when you celebrate my Mom's death, suggesting she is relieved now? You showed yourself as a foot-stomping child, so blinded by a Browns temper tantrum that you are unable to separate reality from fantasy.

901 94 2128.  Call me and tell me about my dead Mother. Show me what kind of a tough guy you are. Tell us your name, show us your picture, expose where your life as I have. C'mon  Same thing I tell Zomblow, you're tough? I am an open invitation. Otherwise, grow up and learn the difference between bullschidt and real life.

Me, a troll? Yeah, for people so worked up over an idiotic football team that they have to block posters, complain to moderators, and even, in the case of Hoorta, a friend who I adore, complain to his wife. Dude.................... lighten up.

2 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

DUDE............. GROW THE FUKC UP.  Fellating your mother's penis is NOT an insult to your family. "Mother" insults are totally acceptable in the "locker room". There is a difference between "your mother" jokes, and SPECIFICALLY hurling an insult that is connected to REAL WORLD circumstances involving someone's Mother, that you are fully aware of. Had you told me, "Ghoolie, go suck your Mothers nasty tiddies", you would have made a locker room joke. However, when you celebrate my Mom's death, suggesting she is relieved now? You showed yourself as a foot-stomping child, so blinded by a Browns temper tantrum that you are unable to separate reality from fantasy.

901 94 2128.  Call me and tell me about my dead Mother. Show me what kind of a tough guy you are. Tell us your name, show us your picture, expose where your life as I have. C'mon  Same thing I tell Zomblow, you're tough? I am an open invitation. Otherwise, grow up and learn the difference between bullschidt and real life.

Me, a troll? Yeah, for people so worked up over an idiotic football team that they have to block posters, complain to moderators, and even, in the case of Hoorta, a friend who I adore, complain to his wife. Dude.................... lighten up.

You literally begged the owner of this board to let you back on after getting kicked off because you need attention so bad. 

And in your white trash, Polack world talking Sheet about one's mother might be "locker talk", you talk Sheet to an Italian about his "mother's penis being in his mouth" and some hunter will piss on your bones in some forgotten acre of the woods. 

Nice phone number by the way. Most phone numbers I know of have an area code followed by seven digits. 

You are a racist, homophobic attention whore bigot. I don't give two happy Shmucks about you or your feelings. The only reason "Nice Ghoolie' has re-emerged is that EVERY prediction you made about the Browns draft didn't come true so you are hoping no one calls you out on your cowpoop. 

32 minutes ago, hoorta said:

I need to start a Eeyore Club for a couple of you guys. What's next, hoping Hue drowns when he jumps in the Lake? 

Image result for eeyore

Larry,

who is more acerbic to this knucklehead organization, than me? There was absolutely no consensus among "the experts" as to who the best QB in this draft was. YOu have taken your share of crap from me for your insistence on staying away from the "bad boys", and I myself have stressed the importance of drafting guys who have drive, character and the desire to over-achieve. Dorsey has fallen in line with both of our philosophies.

Mayfiled doesn't compare to any other QB or anyone else we have taken. He is his own man, and Dorsey, much to my surprise, has taken steps to put a new identity on this team.

I am optimistic. My biggest concern is that Hue continues to play Bernie Ball. My pet peeve continues to be 2nd and short, the opposing D is jamming the line, and instead of raping them wih a play action pass, we call a pitchout and wind up with 3d and 7. My disdain for OL really is centered in this. Five men, no matter how good, will not block 8 in the box. 

SKilled players combined with an offensive scheme that is known to take advantage of obvious defensive schemes, is a recipe for a great OL, and a great offense. Hue makes the O too predictable. He telegraphs too much. That has to change. If it does, I believe Dorsey has added enough talent to deliver us a .500 or better team this very season.

Mayfiled is as good a gamble as anyone else. He is the guy Hue and Dorsey apparently were in agreement on. SO, you go with your gut and let the chips fall where they may. 

BAKER THE BROWN....................... BAKER IS WHIPPING UP SOME WINS...................... Whatever, I'm on board.

7 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I agree Tom. But a ban for it? (I know you did not suggest that). Nah. But certainly reprimands from other members like myself and others. Doesn't mean he gets it yet, but he should. There are some things that are sacrosanct.

I don't advocate bans ever, save tongue in cheek, like asking Roach to be banned for beating me in pool. But the guy needs to understand the difference between guy BS and reality. So kids are easy to taint into tantrums. Dutch Oven is one of those feeble minds.

On 4/27/2018 at 7:24 PM, Dr.Footwear said:

I went to Purdue and saw the majority of Brees’ games. Brees was a tennis player, which many believe helped with his footwork. Rosen was also a top tennis player. Mayfield is a clown who went against miserable B12 defenses and who won’t do anything in the NFL. Dumb pick. 

Ok, so you don't like the guy.  Ask me if I care what you like.

If Baker was a inch or two taller, the only QB discussion the last few months would have been about who was going after him.

Mayfield was clearly the best choice we could make.  No doubt we are going to have to structure some things that play to his strengths.  That is why we traded for Tyrod Taylor.  He and Baker are similar.  Looking back, Tyrod was signed knowing we were going to take Baker.

Add in the fact we don't have dimwit Hue calling plays in his vertical O and have Haley who is more flexible in molding the O around the players on the roster, this is going to work out well.

Dutch, as an uninvested 3rd party who has appreciated the extreme smacktalk on this board for years (including some of your work), that was an uncomfortable moment.

Feel free to give me crap for that, but just saying it was when “ooh, good one!” went to an awkward “oh...” And suddenly not as fun to read. 

17 hours ago, ballpeen said:

Ok, so you don't like the guy.  Ask me if I care what you like.

If Baker was a inch or two taller, the only QB discussion the last few months would have been about who was going after him.

Absolutely correct.  Two inches makes all the difference in some minds...and it is understandable why.  But in this case it didn't matter. Dorsey made an executive decision.   

It ain't the meat, its the motion....that hopefully makes the Brownies want to rock.

Mayfield was clearly the best choice we could make.  No doubt we are going to have to structure some things that play to his strengths.  That is why we traded for Tyrod Taylor.  He and Baker are similar.  Looking back, Tyrod was signed knowing we were going to take Baker.

Add in the fact we don't have dimwit Hue calling plays in his vertical O and have Haley who is more flexible in molding the O around the players on the roster, this is going to work out well.

Another excellent point.  ANY choice would cause skepticism if Hue had retained the play calling duties.  Now, hopefully...plays will be called that are not constantly head scratchers.

18 hours ago, Tacosman said:

Nonsense....Johnny's character WOULD HAVE prevented him from being good, but character issues aside JM didn't have the requisite nfl skill set anyways.  

JM was another undersized qb with an unfavorable release point to boot who had an average arm.  He could have been the highest character guy ever and still wouldn't have been shite as an nfl qb, thus it had little to do with his inability to be a successful nfl qb.  It had a lot to do with amplifying all the negativity and bad press, but that has nothing to do  with my origina statement.  

We'll see on Baker....I think the most likely comp is Jeff Garcia.  If he turns out to be that I'd be content.  

One thing that gets me on Drew Brees he's 39 and signed a two year contract extension, whoa.

He must really love the game he and his family for generations to come certainly don't need the additional  money. 

And there it is in a nutshell. Hue sucked as a HC/OC. He should have just stuck to HC and trust whomever he got for OC. Glad someone came to their senses whether it was Hue or someone else that made that decision to hire an OC.

9 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Now, hopefully...plays will be called that are not constantly head scratchers.

19 hours ago, Tacosman said:

Now that's a reasonable take, but it's also in opposition to your earlier one. My bottom line is that JFF's low character fed the poor work ethic which restricted the skill set. The two are inseparable.

Garcia is an interesting comp.

As an aside I'm chuckling at remembering all the "hard worker", "first guy in the building" testimonials shoveled at us by the Manzealot hoard.

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

it is. Maybe Mayfield sees the field even faster than Garcia did.

I can see Mayfield coaching kids one of these days about quarterbacking like Garcia:

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Then I can't wait to see a photo of Baker's squeeze....considering who Garcia is married to:

Picture won't copy, but here's the link. Just GF now....  https://nypost.com/2018/04/27/how-baker-mayfield-and-girlfriend-celebrated-draft-night/

Archived