THE BROWNS BOARD

Mayfield is no Brees

Dr.Footwear

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, nickers said:

Then what do you call Brees?.. Slow and Small?

yes who is also the most accurate down the field thrower in terms of windows and anticipation in nfl history....who improved his arm strength *after* his first couple of years in the league.

yes its true drew brees is a 6 foot not super athletic qb who didnt have a rocket arm qb....who has had a great career.  Good luck to mayfield in ecoming that

2 hours ago, Tacosman said:

I don't get the mayfield is athletic talk.  He's not.  He's not even the athlete Manziel was.  When you watch baker against nfl DE's and LB's, you'll see how slow he is in game speed.

Slow and small is generally not a great combination in the nfl, even at qb.  

Im not concerned at all about the so called character issues.  And character issues had little to do with manziel's downfall....manziel just wasnt good enough.  

This could qualify for the stupidest post of the year. Forget the Mayfield parts you are continually wrong on. Still have't heard you explain his "weak" arm with 60mph velocity.

Lets just focus on the dumbest statement, "character issues had little to do with Manziels downsfall"  WTF are you smoking?

6 hours ago, Tacosman said:

I don't get the mayfield is athletic talk.  He's not.  He's not even the athlete Manziel was.  When you watch baker against nfl DE's and LB's, you'll see how slow he is in game speed.

Im not concerned at all about the so called character issues.  And character issues had little to do with manziel's downfall....manziel just wasnt good enough.  

You're just being a hater man. He's a Cleveland Brown now, show some love.

20 hours ago, Mike H said:

True. We have their numbers for those throws from the combine (drill is intermediate out routes), was my thinking. I wanted to see what they had behind a ball they’re trying to drive down the field, with timing. And the result was pretty much the same. Like I said, I don’t doubt LamJax can physically throw a ball faster, but I don’t think he can do it as functionally.

also lamjax comes off as dumb as a rock have you ever hear him speak ? it's like he has his own language 

3 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I'm so far into your head I should pay rent.

You'll probably toss and turn tonight thinking about me. (Not that you thinking about men while in bed is a new thing, of course, but there's nothing wrong with that.)

Are you saying that diehard is a rent boy. I didn't know that about him. But I'm not really that surprised.

6 hours ago, Tacosman said:

Another fallacy. :lol: Baker was a tenth of a second slower in the 40 (insignificant) than Allen at the Combine, and is as fast or faster than Darnold, Rosen, or Rudolph. We have no idea how fast that WR impersonating a QB Jackson is. 

It's already been pointed out, but it bears repeating, Manziel's preference to  swigging a 1.75 liter of Don Julio straight at 7 in the morning, instead of studying the playbook was a major character issue. 

OK, I hate to put on my Mod hat, but I'm going to have to. There's two of you that aren't posting about football in this thread, but are just going back and forth with personal attacks. I'm deleting them, and If I see any more of the same crap they're gone- so knock it off.  

7 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

The silver lining of all your family members passing away in the last year is that they are no longer burdened with you anymore. 

That must be comforting. 

A clear sign of one man's intellectual superiority in a debate is his ability to cause the other person to spring a leak and stoop to behavior not acceptable to any onlookers. That I have taunted and tormented you to the point that you would bring my Deceased Mother into a conversation is a testament that I have bitchslapped you into a stupor of which you are looking for a miracle, a hidden weapon to get you back on an even playing field. In this post, you have prostrated yourself before me, like a helpless wretch.

That something as childish as an NFL football team could be an integral part of your identity is indicative of someone needing psychological help.

Finally, there is one great difference between a man like me, and a coward like you. You would never say to my face what you would say here. How do I know this? VERY VERY SIMPLE.........THere at least 20 people on this board who have met me, who have been to my home, or interacted with me on some personal level. Unlike YOU............. my name is known to all who want it. I have shared pictures of myself, my wife, family members, dogs, and other things. I have shared my music and sent gifs to various folks to show appreciation for heir friendship and fellowship. There is nothing hidden about me. I would say to your face what I say here.

Now, men, real men, grown men, don't get offended by being called a caulk sucker, pussy, homo, or whatever else Sergeant Carter/ Sergeant Hatman tongue-in-cheek venom I hurl their way. The ONLY ONES offended, are those who the nonsense actually hits home with. In you, it seems, I have struck a nerve with you. 

Now, if you are such a tough guy, do as I have, share your identity, pictures of yourself, your family, your life's work, your phone number. OR.................Hide behind Dutch Oven.

But lookie here, pussy boy, you can't have it both ways. Hide, and be known as my slut. You are insignificant. Now, go, run away.

24 minutes ago, hoorta said:

OK, I hate to put on my Mod hat, but I'm going to have to. There's two of you that aren't posting about football in this thread, but are just going back and forth with personal attacks. I'm deleting them, and If I see any more of the same crap they're gone- so knock it off.  

Fair enough with me.

24 minutes ago, hoorta said:

The point I made earlier is that where was it ever stated that Dorsey was looking to duplicate Brees? I never heard Dorsey mention Brees. Did you? Is it something I missed? Dorsey drafted Mayfield because he believes the kid can play and lead.

If height and arm strength were indicators of success, Paxton Lynch would be a SB champ by now. Mayfield was not my pick, but then again, I didn't have a pick, neither did anyone else.

2 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

The point I made earlier is that where was it ever stated that Dorsey was looking to duplicate Brees? I never heard Dorsey mention Brees. Did you? Is it something I missed? Dorsey drafted Mayfield because he believes the kid can play and lead.

If height and arm strength were indicators of success, Paxton Lynch would be a SB champ by now. Mayfield was not my pick, but then again, I didn't have a pick, neither did anyone else.

For someone who is giving up the NFL for the XFL, you seem strangely invested in the Browns still.

It's like you are so desperate for attention that you'd go so far as beg the owner of this board to let you back on it... 

14 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

Dorsey never said that- but then again, he didn't have to. The comparison is obvious, at least from a physical standpoint. Hmm, now that I looked, Baker's college stats are even better than Drew's, but that was a different era of football. Offensive Big 10 player of the Year, and held the passing yards record until JT Barrett broke it this past year....  I hope that's what we just drafted Tom. If we get a HOFer and a Super Bowl out of it, we've done well.  :)  

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/drew-brees-1.html

2 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Dorsey never said that- but then again, he didn't have to. The comparison is obvious, at least from a physical standpoint. Hmm, now that I looked, Baker's college stats are even better than Drew's, but that was a different era of football. Offensive Big 10 player of the Year, and held the passing yards record until JT Barrett broke it this past year....  I hope that's what we just drafted Tom. If we get a HOFer and a Super Bowl out of it, we've done well.  :)  

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/drew-brees-1.html

Larry, again, this is the time of year where I just give the guys a chance, I can call Garrett a Zumba, and be pissed at his Cowboys antics, but that's just me. The guy needs to amaze us. As you recall, I insulted Kizer, but I also called for him to get a real shot, without Hues BS. Same thing here. All the analytic BS needs to go away. THe only thing that matters is how this kid plays and leads the team. Nobody here, nor on the Browns staff knows that. We rolled the dice, just like eveyrone else.

22 minutes ago, hoorta said:

LOL- that wasn't directed at you- this time....  :) 

Well, I just lambasted Dutch oven. Bringing my Dead Mother into this, is out of bounds.

2 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

Well, I just lambasted Dutch oven. Bringing my Dead Mother into this, is out of bounds.

This was going on in another thread I just visited Tom. Dutch and Diehard need to realize- talk football, and keep the personal insults out of it... 

16 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

Ah, did the big bad troll get his lil' feelings hurt? Now you think you can dictate rules of conduct on here? You playing the victim, ha!

It's hilarious when blowhards like you that think they are big Sheet get it handed back to them. Now there are limits to what can be said? This coming from you?

Hilarious. 

9 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

The silver lining of all your family members passing away in the last year is that they are no longer burdened with you anymore. 

That must be comforting. 

This is some classless bullish!t. Talking Sh!t back and forth is one thing but this is out of bounds. Who the fuk says Sh!t like this?? You should be ashamed of yourself.  This should not be tolerated on this board at all. 

1 minute ago, jcam222 said:

This is some classless bullish!t. Talking Sheet back and forth is one thing but this is out of bounds. Who the fuk says Sheet like this?? You should be ashamed of yourself. This should not be tolerated on this board at all. 

Considering who it was directed at? Ashamed? Absolutely not. 

Just now, Dutch Oven said:

Considering who it was directed at? Ashamed? Absolutely not. 

He may say off the wall Sheet but I've never seen him post something this classless. I'm sorry but if you think this is acceptable you need to grow the fuk up. IMO a ban is in order for what you said. 

1 minute ago, jcam222 said:

He may say off the wall Sheet but I've never seen him post something this classless. I'm sorry but if you think this is acceptable you need to grow the fuk up. IMO a ban is in order for what you said. 

You'll live, jcam. 

9 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

I agree Tom. But a ban for it? (I know you did not suggest that). Nah. But certainly reprimands from other members like myself and others. Doesn't mean he gets it yet, but he should. There are some things that are sacrosanct.

6 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I agree Tom. But a ban for it? (I know you did not suggest that). Nah. But certainly reprimands from other members like myself and others. Doesn't mean he gets it yet, but he should. There are some things that are sacrosanct.

Actually, I never said a negative word towards his mother (unlike Ghoolie, who I believe multiple times said that I fellated my mother's penis). So apparently mothers are NOT out of bounds, are they?

No, he got all bent out of shape because likely I hit upon a kernel of truth regarding him. 

12 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Actually, I never said a negative word towards his mother (unlike Ghoolie, who I believe multiple times said that I fellated my mother's penis). So apparently mothers are NOT out of bounds, are they?

No, he got all bent out of shape because likely I hit upon a kernel of truth regarding him. 

Like I said, doesn't mean you get it. Add in a mourning period and maybe you'll understand. Even Tom has a mourning period, though you may not believe that. I do.

Just now, TexasAg1969 said:

Like I said, doesn't mean you get it. Add in a mourning period and maybe you'll understand. Even Tom has a mourning period, though you may not believe that. I do.

Keep enabling his bad behavior, TexAg. 

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

Keep enabling his bad behavior, TexAg. 

At this point I'm trying not to enable yours. I give Tom Sheet here and there from time to time. Usually you I agree with. Just not on this.

On 4/28/2018 at 5:47 AM, Dutch Oven said:

It's amazing how Baker had some support as the guy the Browns should draft #1 before the draft, but now he's a great pick by a big portion of people on here.

It's like I've seen this scenario before... oh yeah, when the Browns drafted Brandon Weeden. Before the draft, a few people liked him. After? Well yeah, he's almost 30, and he plays in a garbage conference, but I see great things from Weeden! by masses of Browns fans. Magically, because the Browns drafted him, all objectivity went out the door. 

Browns fans are consistent, if they are anything. 

Semi-fair comment, but were you even here when we drafted Wheezy? There were few that embraced him pre-draft. There were more than a few who "he's ours now" embraced him. But there were a lot of us who were confident he was the mistake he turned out to be.

It's different with Baker. He was the #1 choice with some here, but the #2 with a lot more of us. In my case while some interview footage turned me off of him a bit more late, some I've seen since we drafted him is making me feel better. Still think there's a fatal flaw or two to put to rest, i.e., channeling his in-game emotions when the D he's facing gets in his head as they will early and often, but I'm OK with the probability of that happening in time.

20 hours ago, Tacosman said:

"Manziel's character head little to do with his downfall" - TacoCabana should be immortalized in our Hall of Bad Posts.

I do agree that Baker is much less athletic than JFF, which is why Baker had to learn how to play QB to the extent he has.

19 hours ago, The Gipper said:

No one in this draft not a single person was number one overall caliber and I include Berkeley and that so and chips so we have to do what we have to doNo one in this draft not a single person was number one overall caliber and I include Berkeley and that so and chips so we have to do what we have to do

Bullsh!t! Bullsh!t!

Archived