MLD Woody

Lamar Jackson to the Ravens

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Were you around the year the Raiders won the Superbowl and they attempted to interview CB Lester Hayes? He was totally unintelligible. But a professor of speech therapy saw it, called him with a diagnosis of what he heard and offered to work with him. The next time there was a TV interview the following season he was a changed speaker. The 13 INTs, 2 Fum Rec. that season should have put the 5 time pro-bowler in he HOF. He' still waiting.

yeah, I just can't remember what year that was...

The guy is such a freak athlete. I'm sure he'll start making highlight reels soon enough. 

Seems like he's got his head on straight,  and he works hard.  Didn't really matter what team he went to because I knew he wasn't going to the Browns.  

I'd simply like to see him do well. He's one of the most exciting players I've ever seen. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SD_Tom said:

The guy is such a freak athlete. I'm sure he'll start making highlight reels soon enough. 

Seems like he's got his head on straight,  and he works hard.  Didn't really matter what team he went to because I knew he wasn't going to the Browns.  

I'd simply like to see him do well. He's one of the most exciting players I've ever seen. 

That's how I feel as well.  I was glad to see him leave college, as he tortured my Seminoles for far too long, but I was NOT happy to see him come to our division.  I could be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure we'll see him this season with his own small package of plays.  And when they get near the goal line, I fully expect he'll be in the game. 

9 hours ago, nickers said:

yeah, I just can't remember what year that was...

1981 Superbowl after the 1980 season.

• Upvote 1

You nailed it Gipper.. good call!

6 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

That's how I feel as well.  I was glad to see him leave college, as he tortured my Seminoles for far too long, but I was NOT happy to see him come to our division.  I could be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure we'll see him this season with his own small package of plays.  And when they get near the goal line, I fully expect he'll be in the game. 

Sure sounds like he'll be starting soon enough. And yeah seeing him 2x a year might suck for a long time. 

People who think he can only run... He's just a scrambler,  can't hurt people passing it... etc... Will be sorely mistaken. 

23 minutes ago, SD_Tom said:

Sure sounds like he'll be starting soon enough. And yeah seeing him 2x a year might suck for a long time. 

People who think he can only run... He's just a scrambler,  can't hurt people passing it... etc... Will be sorely mistaken. 

Well hopefully those who think that will not be mistaken at all and the Ravens will suck for decades.

WSS

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SD_Tom said:

Reading College Defenses is nothing like reading NFL defenses.... They are almost 2 completely different animals...

• Upvote 1

On 5/22/2018 at 2:46 PM, SD_Tom said:

I saw Lamar Jackson play alot in college, and yes he is a great runner, yes, he is a great athlete, however, he isn't a great QB, I think the Ravens drafted him for ticket sales versus ability. After all the Ravens valued him so much they drafted Hayden Hurst just 7 picks ahead of him. So 32 teams basically didn't grade him that high. I watch him play, he has problems under pressure, he has accuracy issues I am glad the Ravens because he has bust written all over him. He could prove me wrong, but I doubt it.

1 hour ago, runyon27 said:

I saw Lamar Jackson play alot in college, and yes he is a great runner, yes, he is a great athlete, however, he isn't a great QB, I think the Ravens drafted him for ticket sales versus ability. After all the Ravens valued him so much they drafted Hayden Hurst just 7 picks ahead of him. So 32 teams basically didn't grade him that high. I watch him play, he has problems under pressure, he has accuracy issues I am glad the Ravens because he has bust written all over him. He could prove me wrong, but I doubt it.

The Ravens have zero problems selling tickets.

They drafted Jackson to be their eventual franchise QB. I don't think it was a wise move, but that's why they drafted him. 

On 5/22/2018 at 4:54 PM, nickers said:

Reading College Defenses is nothing like reading NFL defenses.... They are almost 2 completely different animals...

For the most part true.  Can the college guys learn how to play the professional quarterback  game and everything else that goes with it or not regardless of where they are drafted.

Also why NCAA statistics and accolades are no guarantee of future success on Sundays. 

9 hours ago, mjp28 said:

For the most part true.  Can the college guys learn how to play the professional quarterback  game and everything else that goes with it or not regardless of where they are drafted.

Also why NCAA statistics and accolades are no guarantee of future success on Sundays. 

Nothing is. So what? Throwing the dice doesn't guarantee you will roll at 7, but the odds are slightly better.

WSS

11 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Nothing is. So what? Throwing the dice doesn't guarantee you will roll at 7, but the odds are slightly better.

WSS

Now that is generally  true, if you have a high pick and like a quarterback....and need one, I guess you go for a top pick.

This year Mayfield wasn't most people's top quarterback or #1 pick but I don't think it was a blue ribbon class.

10 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Baltimore Ravens quarterback Lamar Jackson has been lining up at other positions during team ...

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23771497/baltimore-ravens-quarterback-lamar-jackson-lining-other-positions-team-practices

Shared from my Google feed

I was listening to "Movin' the Chains" guys on NFL Radio and they talked about the fact that when you have an athlete that good you want to use him in special situations to create headaches for DC's. They did not think this meant he would not be primarily a QB.