Jump to content
MLD Woody

Lamar Jackson to the Ravens

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Were you around the year the Raiders won the Superbowl and they attempted to interview CB Lester Hayes? He was totally unintelligible. But a professor of speech therapy saw it, called him with a diagnosis of what he heard and offered to work with him. The next time there was a TV interview the following season he was a changed speaker. The 13 INTs, 2 Fum Rec. that season should have put the 5 time pro-bowler in he HOF. He' still waiting.

yeah, I just can't remember what year that was...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The guy is such a freak athlete. I'm sure he'll start making highlight reels soon enough. 

Seems like he's got his head on straight,  and he works hard.  Didn't really matter what team he went to because I knew he wasn't going to the Browns.  

I'd simply like to see him do well. He's one of the most exciting players I've ever seen. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, SD_Tom said:

The guy is such a freak athlete. I'm sure he'll start making highlight reels soon enough. 

Seems like he's got his head on straight,  and he works hard.  Didn't really matter what team he went to because I knew he wasn't going to the Browns.  

I'd simply like to see him do well. He's one of the most exciting players I've ever seen. 

That's how I feel as well.  I was glad to see him leave college, as he tortured my Seminoles for far too long, but I was NOT happy to see him come to our division.  I could be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure we'll see him this season with his own small package of plays.  And when they get near the goal line, I fully expect he'll be in the game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, nickers said:

yeah, I just can't remember what year that was...

1981 Superbowl after the 1980 season.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You nailed it Gipper.. good call!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

That's how I feel as well.  I was glad to see him leave college, as he tortured my Seminoles for far too long, but I was NOT happy to see him come to our division.  I could be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure we'll see him this season with his own small package of plays.  And when they get near the goal line, I fully expect he'll be in the game. 

Sure sounds like he'll be starting soon enough. And yeah seeing him 2x a year might suck for a long time. 

People who think he can only run... He's just a scrambler,  can't hurt people passing it... etc... Will be sorely mistaken. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, SD_Tom said:

Sure sounds like he'll be starting soon enough. And yeah seeing him 2x a year might suck for a long time. 

People who think he can only run... He's just a scrambler,  can't hurt people passing it... etc... Will be sorely mistaken. 

 

Well hopefully those who think that will not be mistaken at all and the Ravens will suck for decades.

WSS

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SD_Tom said:

Sure sounds like he'll be starting soon enough. And yeah seeing him 2x a year might suck for a long time. 

People who think he can only run... He's just a scrambler,  can't hurt people passing it... etc... Will be sorely mistaken. 

 

Reading College Defenses is nothing like reading NFL defenses.... They are almost 2 completely different animals...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×