THE BROWNS BOARD

Lamar Jackson to the Ravens

MLD Woody

4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Yes, the AIQ....Athlete Intelligence Quotient.   Baker Mayfield got the second highest score in the history of that test.   I am not sure who got the highest.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/03/22/baker-mayfield-advance-analytics-nfl-draft-oklahoma-pff

Probably someone already posted it as it is a predraft article, but it's worth reading. I cannot wait to see him play, let's hope everything works out for us this time!

20 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Unfortunately Lamar won't be starting year one so we can't bet over RoTY.

So we could bet on Lamar going to the pro bowl his first full year starting. 

This is a tricky one. Let's try and keep it to this year.

If he doesn't play it's a push.

If he gets 2 out of 4 on the following list I win.

Lamar will be one of the top 3 passers in this rookie class. (Adjusted for playing time)

He will win atleast half of the games he starts.

He will complete atleast 60% of his passes with a 2:1 td/int ratio.

He will take the ravens to the playoffs.

18 minutes ago, Louisville Slugger said:

This is a tricky one. Let's try and keep it to this year.

If he doesn't play it's a push.

If he gets 2 out of 4 on the following list I win.

Lamar will be one of the top 3 passers in this rookie class. (Adjusted for playing time)

He will win atleast half of the games he starts.

He will complete atleast 60% of his passes with a 2:1 td/int ratio.

He will take the ravens to the playoffs.

Define top 3?  In Passer Rating? In QBR? etc etc

Half of the games?  Easy enough to understand

60% of his passes is another tricky one.  If he starts only 2 games with a very friendly and conservative game plan, that isn't a stretch to reach 60% in the modern NFL.

Ravens to the Playoffs....  another easy one to understand.

I would have to include something like... Has* to start at least 6 games for the stats portion to be something I'd accept.  Anything less than that is too small of a sample size.  

4 minutes ago, Louisville Slugger said:

I was thinking the same thing.

So he has to start 6 games or push.

Top 3 passer rating among rookies.

Win half his games

60% completion with 2:1 TD/INT ratio

Take the ravens to the playoffs

I'll take those odds.  

Lamar is a fascinating prospect, has been for a couple of years.  Think about if Lamar entered the draft the year after Kaepernick took the 49's to the Super Bowl.  He'd be a top 5 pick, right?  Now, NFL trends change, but the one thing that hasn't is scoring points, and Lamar can definitely do that.  I don't see too many paths that have him winning rookie of the year, as I don't believe the Ravens would bench Flacco, and even if he's injured, I'm not sure they'd toss Lamar out there anyway.  But here's the thing:  If I was the coach who drafted him, I'd IMMEDIATELY have a package for him.  Can you imagine how much of a nightmare he'd be on 2 point conversions?  Short distances?  Red zone?  Even if the Ravens just show it in preseason, other teams are still going to need to prepare for him that week.  Lamar plays such a different style than Flacco, that if you didn't prepare for him, he'd destroy your defense with read-option alone.  He's simply faster than any other QB people have seen.  To be honest, most teams have largely managed to snuff out the read-options, which is why the Kaepernick style offenses have mostly gone bye-bye, although remnants still remain (many teams still implement variations of it).  But I watched Lamar long enough to know that if you aren't ready for HIM, he'll carve you a new one.  Can he do it all game long through a 16 game season?  That I don't know, but it's certainly going to be fun to watch, and I REALLY didn't want to see him go into our division. 

38 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

Lamar is a fascinating prospect, has been for a couple of years.  Think about if Lamar entered the draft the year after Kaepernick took the 49's to the Super Bowl.  He'd be a top 5 pick, right?  Now, NFL trends change, but the one thing that hasn't is scoring points, and Lamar can definitely do that.  I don't see too many paths that have him winning rookie of the year, as I don't believe the Ravens would bench Flacco, and even if he's injured, I'm not sure they'd toss Lamar out there anyway.  But here's the thing:  If I was the coach who drafted him, I'd IMMEDIATELY have a package for him.  Can you imagine how much of a nightmare he'd be on 2 point conversions?  Short distances?  Red zone?  Even if the Ravens just show it in preseason, other teams are still going to need to prepare for him that week.  Lamar plays such a different style than Flacco, that if you didn't prepare for him, he'd destroy your defense with read-option alone.  He's simply faster than any other QB people have seen.  To be honest, most teams have largely managed to snuff out the read-options, which is why the Kaepernick style offenses have mostly gone bye-bye, although remnants still remain (many teams still implement variations of it).  But I watched Lamar long enough to know that if you aren't ready for HIM, he'll carve you a new one.  Can he do it all game long through a 16 game season?  That I don't know, but it's certainly going to be fun to watch, and I REALLY didn't want to see him go into our division. 

Dude ain't gonna last long running the option at 185lbs.

2 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

The Browns will twist Jackson knickers into bunches.   We will knock him out cold such that he will be seeing this:

Warning:  do not view this if you have recently done acid.

6cb6770d61d852925098b8e04bb72604.gif

7 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Say hello to Bobby GarrettSay hello to Bobby Garrett

Who the hell is Bobby Garrett?

3 hours ago, nickers said:

Gipper trivia for you Nickers...  per Wiki....  

Bobby Garrett (qb) never played a game for the Browns, who traded him along with halfback Don Miller and linemen Johnny Bauer and Chet Gierula to the Green Bay Packers for quarterback Babe Parilli and offensive tackle Bob Fleck. The Packers wanted a backup for veteran Tobin Rote, but did not learn of Garrett's stuttering problem before making the trade. Garrett played just nine games in the NFL.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, nickers said:

Hoorta explained who Bobby Garrett is.    #1 overall pick in the draft by the Browns.....who could not play because his speech defect was so bad he could not communicate the plays to his teammates in the huddle, and could not call the plays at the line of scrimmage.

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Hoorta explained who Bobby Garrett is.    #1 overall pick in the draft by the Browns.....who could not play because his speech defect was so bad he could not communicate the plays to his teammates in the huddle, and could not call the plays at the line of scrimmage.

Unfortunate for him... I had a speech impediment due to being born with a split pallet that eventually healed.. I took speech therapy classes when I was in Elementary school.. I had difficulty with R's , S's , T's and L's... I overcame it pretty darn well.. My ability to enunciate improved because of it.. I have also been Hearing Impaired since birth... And am legally blind in My left eye.. I never let disabilities stop me from living.. I became an accomplished musician despite the obstacles in My way...

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, nickers said:

Unfortunate for him... I had a speech impediment due to being born with a split pallet that eventually healed.. I took speech therapy classes when I was in Elementary school.. I had difficulty with R's , S's , T's and L's... I overcame it pretty darn well.. My ability to enunciate improved because of it.. I have also been Hearing Impaired since birth... And am legally blind in My left eye.. I never let disabilities stop me from living.. I became an accomplished musician despite the obstacles in My way...

You sound good. Never would have imagined you having a speech impediment.

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, StinkHole said:

You sound good. Never would have imagined you having a speech impediment.

Thanks!

10 minutes ago, nickers said:

Thanks!

consider yourself lucky. I speak fine. Butt it's my posting that most people stutter;)with..Who the heck drafted Ba-Ba-Ba Bobby Garrett?  

• Haha 1

On 5/9/2018 at 9:21 PM, SD_Tom said:

He's not as good? Stats say otherwise and the 2017 film shows plenty of great throws to see some flashes or potential to be a star.

I think Bacon was talking about Richard Pryor.

10 hours ago, nickers said:

Were you around the year the Raiders won the Superbowl and they attempted to interview CB Lester Hayes? He was totally unintelligible. But a professor of speech therapy saw it, called him with a diagnosis of what he heard and offered to work with him. The next time there was a TV interview the following season he was a changed speaker. The 13 INTs, 2 Fum Rec. that season should have put the 5 time pro-bowler in he HOF. He' still waiting.

• Upvote 1