MLD Woody

22 minutes ago, JimboJones said:

Wonderlic scores for 2018 QBs

• Josh Allen: 37
  • Josh Rosen: 29
  • Sam Darnold: 28
  • Baker Mayfield: 25
  • Lamar Jackson: 13

And we were led to believe that Rosen was the smartest of them all.

Smart asss is what he is. Don't like that fukker.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JimboJones said:

I'll bet the Browns would've taken Jackson at #33 if he was still there and I'll bet there was some sort of fumble by management when it came to trading up one spot to #32.  

Baker Mayfield

Lamar Jackson

Tyrod Taylor

200.gif

iycoa.gif

2 hours ago, JimboJones said:

Wonderlic scores for 2018 QBs

• Josh Allen: 37
  • Josh Rosen: 29
  • Sam Darnold: 28
  • Baker Mayfield: 25
  • Lamar Jackson: 13

The NFL uses a new test:  The AIQ.    Athlete Intelligence Quotient

http://athleticintel.com/aiq/

Baker Mayfield got the second highest score in history on that test  (though it has only been around since 2012:

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2018/3/24/17159640/baker-mayfield-wonderlic-test-draft

Potential No. 1 overall NFL draft pick Baker Mayfield knocked a new version of the Wonderlic intelligence test way out of the park, according to The MMQB’s Robert Klemko.

At the league’s scouting combine, most prospects now take a test called the Athletic Intelligence Quotient, an exam created in 2012. A pair of doctors have spent 15 years working on it, with the goal of improving upon the Wonderlic test’s method, Klemko writes.

Of the 63 quarterbacks tested since 2012, Mayfield’s AIQ score was second-highest. Player data isn’t public, but Klemko confirmed Mayfield’s results with league sources.

"Years ago, we discovered the Wonderlic was the only test that was used to measure intelligence at the combine, and that was based off a theory from 1934,” [Dr. Scott] Goldman says. “It’s language-dependent, and it has socioeconomic and cultural biases. So we spent years looking at all the forms of intelligence and cognitive abilities that impact unsolvable puzzles.”

They debuted the test with the NFL in 2012, testing on a limited basis at the combine, and for the last two years they’ve tested each prospect invited to the combine. Now that they’ve tested thousands of future pros, they’re beginning to see results.

“I’m proud of this,” Goldman says. “We’ve found a statistically-significant correlation between our test and on-field performance, and this is the first test I’m aware of that has found that in the NFL. Players with a high AIQ tend to get on the field sooner and stay on the field longer.”

20 hours ago, StinkHole said:

And we were led to believe that Rosen was the smartest of them all.

Smart asss is what he is. Don't like that fukker.

It was the hot tub thing wasn't it? Too close to bathing?

• Haha 1

On 4/26/2018 at 10:46 PM, Ghoolie said:

D' uh..............do ya think so? Dude....................... We have DORSEY................ what the hell did you think was going to happen here?

You did not want BT4.

You cant have it both ways. The Browns are dumb for drafting Jackson one day and the next day the Browns are dumb for passing on Jackson.

Pick a side.

On 4/26/2018 at 11:04 PM, Ghoolie said:

For the record, I think the Browns made a mistake not grooming Kizer and giving him a real opportunity. I hope Jackson does well. The kid will be breathing down Flaccos neck.

Now you like BT2. There was nothing to groom. His best game was opening day vs the Steelers.

Kizer will never be $hit. Not even a good back up.

On 4/26/2018 at 11:52 PM, Ghoolie said:

I don't like run-first QBs, but am sick of people talking about him being a dummy and 1) referring to his meaningless Wunderlick score. He is a good kid, and 2) I hope he toasts the living schidt out of the Browns.If you want to talk dummies, you talk Dorsey. Passing on an OJ caliber RB for 3) a QB that you could have taken much lower? 

So much for the Browns being smart asset managers. 4) The days of a small QB doing well in the NFL are done. hey will die with the retirement of Drew Brees.

1) Generally accepted by NFL GMs for a quarterback, below a 20 on the test- caution...  

2) more trolling

3) we didn't take Baker at #1, the Jets were taking him at #3, the Pats were ready to trade way up. 

4) obviously forgot abut 5' 10" Russell Wilson, and  Case Keenum- 0.5 inch taller than Baker. 

Yup Boo, Mr. Split personality trying to have it both ways.

17 minutes ago, hoorta said:

1) Generally accepted by NFL GMs for a quarterback, below a 20 on the test- caution...  

2) more trolling

3) we didn't take Baker at #1, the Jets were taking him at #3, the Pats were ready to trade way up. 

4) obviously forgot abut 5' 10" Russell Wilson, and  Case Keenum- 0.5 inch taller than Baker. 

Yup, NE had their eye on Mayfield.

Barkley would have been sweet if the Browns already had the QB. They could not pass on a QB and lose their guy. I knew that Barkley would gone by 4 and I firmly believe that he will breath new life into the Giants.

Wilson, Brees, Keenum. Flutie was a baller in the NFL.

To me, its a 3 way race for 2nd spot in the AFCN without the draft picks. 

For all I have posted about Black Tarkentons, I really can't believe the topic of this RG4 QB even got responses.

People, people, people.............do I have to start putting red flag caution indicator on some of this crap? My ONLY sober thought on this idiotic topic was really to insinuate that Jackson would be another RG crapola waste of time. Good grief, the only thing this kid is going to toast is the Ravens. Still, I wouldn't have been surprised if Hue took him.

I am good with Mayfield. SOmewhere back in all this pile, I believe he was the guy I said we should go after. Again, the QB lottery is a guess. We chose one of the top QBs. YOu can't ask for more than that. What happens, happens. We will see.

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

Wonderlic de-emphasized....AIQ used more.   BM had the #2 all time top score there.

2) more trolling

Really?  Surprised about that!

yerp

Brees...yea, he's old. How did 6'7 +  Dan McGwire, Brock Osweiler, Paxton Lynch, Ryan Mallet all work out?  And while he had some good times...it seems that the tallest starter in the league:  Flacco, ain't performing so well now.  6'6

2 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

For all I have posted about Black Tarkentons, I really can't believe the topic of this RG4 QB even got responses.

People, people, people.............do I have to start putting red flag caution indicator on some of this crap? My ONLY sober thought on this idiotic topic was really to insinuate that Jackson would be another RG crapola waste of time. Good grief, the only thing this kid is going to toast is the Ravens. Still, I wouldn't have been surprised if Hue took him.

I am good with Mayfield. SOmewhere back in all this pile, I believe he was the guy I said we should go after. Again, the QB lottery is a guess. We chose one of the top QBs. YOu can't ask for more than that. What happens, happens. We will see.

Why then, are we wasting our breath on him.  He is a Ratpuker now. Let him wallow in that garbage.

7 minutes ago, boo fagley said:

Why?

Jackson will be another running QB who wont throw the ball away when the pass play is not there. He try to be Barry Sanders and will get busted up like RG3 and Vick.

He had over 3500 yds passing 2 seasons in a row.  

He can throw fine 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

For the record, I think the Browns made a mistake not grooming Kizer and giving him a real opportunity. I hope Jackson does well. The kid will be breathing down Flaccos neck.

Tuneman, can you explain to me how "Jackson doing well" and "toasting the Ravens franchise" jive together? Breathing down the starter Flaccos neck right?

GM Dorsey did not take him because that man can draft. 

17 minutes ago, SD_Tom said:

He can throw fine 

OH yeah?

Over 1500 rushing yards in consecutive seasons. At least 18 rushing TDs in each season. Jackson averaged 20 carries per game x 13 games in 2016. Averaged 18 carries per game x 13 games in 2017. You think he will suddenly stop running? The odds are not in your favor that he will.

56% completion rate in 2016. Same as Josh Allen. Ask all the Allen haters here why this number sucks.

59% completion rate in 2017. Headed to a league where it all gets real. 

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/lamar-jackson-1.html

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, boo fagley said:

Tuneman, can you explain to me how "Jackson doing well" and "toasting the Ravens franchise" jive together? Breathing down the starter Flaccos neck right?

Lamar is NOT the Jackson that I would be afraid of....but....if I hear this, I'm worried:

giphy.gif

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, boo fagley said:

OH yeah?

Over 1500 rushing yards in consecutive seasons. At least 18 rushing TDs in each season. Jackson averaged 20 carries per game x 13 games in 2016. Averaged 18 carries per game x 13 games in 2017. You think he will suddenly stop running? The odds are not in your favor that he will.

56% completion rate in 2016. Same as Josh Allen. Ask all the Allen haters here why this number sucks.

59% completion rate in 2017. Headed to a league where it all gets real. 

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/lamar-jackson-1.html

how many thousands of extra yards per season than Allen just in passing yards alone? 

3 hours ago, boo fagley said:

I called Kizer a buffoon. Still, I wished him the best. I don't believe he will do well, but, he is a nice kid. He got drafted, people are calling him a dumb butt. He had better poise in the process than I WANNA BE A COWBOY Zumba girl.  I think he will flop, but I hope for his sake he does really well. Jives perfectly well.

2 hours ago, Louisville Slugger said:

I bet Jackson ends up being one of the top 2 QB in this draft over his career. 

Mayfeild = Drew Brees

Jackson = Mike Vick

Rosen = Sam Bradford

Darnold = Blaine Gabbert

Allen = Deshone Kizer

finger = Penis

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Why then, are we wasting our breath on him.  He is a Ratpuker now. Let him wallow in that garbage.

I have always enjoyed turning this forum into Green Acres. Jackson was like the citizens of Hooterville seceding from the Union. Hell, I generated TONS of responses over the idiotic SUMO topic, Hoorta even did research. How the hell can I NOT enjoy schidt like this?

4 hours ago, SD_Tom said:

He (Jackson) can throw fine...  

He's not a Brown, so let it go...   Had far more rushing yards than either Michael Vick or RG III in college. Griffin had a far superior completion % in college. 

That wunderlich says he's not exactly too bright. Remains to be seen if athleticism trumps intelligence- I'm betting NOT, at least at QB. 

11 hours ago, SD_Tom said:

how many thousands of extra yards per season than Allen just in passing yards alone? 

Defenses had to respect Jackson was a running threat, no?

How many pros did Jackson play against at Louie? Out of thousands of players about 200 players are drafted from all the NCAA football programs. Everybody is a pro at the NFL level. Strong, fast and smart. Jackson will get crushed in the NFL if he runs and I dont see him surviving taking away his run game.

1 hour ago, boo fagley said:

Defenses had to respect Jackson was a running threat, no?

How many pros did Jackson play against at Louie? Out of thousands of players about 200 players are drafted from all the NCAA football programs. Everybody is a pro at the NFL level. Strong, fast and smart. Jackson will get crushed in the NFL if he runs and I dont see him surviving taking away his run game.

He's still gonna be one of the fastest guys on the entire field in the NFL.  He's faster than most WR and CB.  I don't think he's missed any games with injuries thus far has he?