Jump to content
MLD Woody

Lamar Jackson to the Ravens

Recommended Posts

I feel like this is gonna be bad for us in a year or so

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

I feel like this is gonna be bad for us in a year or so

D' uh..............do ya think so? Dude....................... We have DORSEY................ what the hell did you think was going to happen here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

D' uh..............do ya think so? Dude....................... We have DORSEY................ what the hell did you think was going to happen here?

So, Tommy, you were getting wood for little black Tarkenton too?

🤣

WSS

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SD_Tom said:

Jackson is awesome.  Great situation for him.  

I don't like run-first QBs, but am sick of people talking about him being a dummy and referring to his meaningless Wunderlick score. He is a good kid, and I hope he toasts the living schidt out of the Browns.If you want to talk dummies, you talk Dorsey. Passing on an OJ caliber RB for a QB that you could have taken much lower? 

So much for the Browns being smart asset managers. The days of a small QB doing well in the NFL are done. hey will die with the retirement of Drew Brees.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Westside Steve said:

So, Tommy, you were getting wood for little black Tarkenton too?

🤣

WSS

Nah, I don't like run first QBs........................ HOWEVER................ taking a Hiesman winner at 32 who has real NFL QB size, is a fukck of a lot better draft move than taking a midget at #1 #1.

Barkley was the pick for the Browns. Hey will regret it for many years to come. This has to be the dumbest fukcking draft I have ever seen. Dumber than last year's IF that is possible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

I don't like run-first QBs, but am sick of people talking about him being a dummy and referring to his meaningless Wunderlick score. He is a good kid, and I hope he toasts the living schidt out of the Browns.If you want to talk dummies, you talk Dorsey. Passing on an OJ caliber RB for a QB that you could have taken much lower? 

So much for the Browns being smart asset managers. The days of a small QB doing well in the NFL are done. hey will die with the retirement of Drew Brees.

He certainly seems likeable. His intelligence concerns however go well beyond his Wonderlic score. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, jcam222 said:

He certainly seems likeable. His intelligence concerns however go well beyond his Wonderlic score. 

For the record, I think the Browns made a mistake not grooming Kizer and giving him a real opportunity. I hope Jackson does well. The kid will be breathing down Flaccos neck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please go direct your trolling somewhere else Ghoolie. You can't have such a hole in your life that you need to post nonsense in literally every thread...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

I don't like run-first QBs, but am sick of people talking about him being a dummy and referring to his meaningless Wunderlick score. He is a good kid, and I hope he toasts the living schidt out of the Browns.If you want to talk dummies, you talk Dorsey. Passing on an OJ caliber RB for a QB that you could have taken much lower? 

So much for the Browns being smart asset managers. The days of a small QB doing well in the NFL are done. hey will die with the retirement of Drew Brees.

He had a lot of passing yards and made plenty of nfl type throws this past season. 

Seems like a good kid.  Hoping he proves haters wrong. 

He's a throw first qb in 2017. Goes thru progressions... His runs were mostly designed. He's underrated as a passer.  The improvement each season is a good sign. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

I don't like run-first QBs, but am sick of people talking about him being a dummy and referring to his meaningless Wunderlick score. He is a good kid, and I hope he toasts the living schidt out of the Browns.If you want to talk dummies, you talk Dorsey. Passing on an OJ caliber RB for a QB that you could have taken much lower? 

So much for the Browns being smart asset managers. The days of a small QB doing well in the NFL are done. hey will die with the retirement of Drew Brees.

Horse sh!t if we'd have taken him you'd be screaming about how the Retarded browns took a stupid @ss learning disabled black tarkenton. I don't know how something with so much mass can be completely transparent but there you are

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, The Cysko Kid said:

Horse sh!t if we'd have taken him you'd be screaming about how the Retarded browns took a stupid @ss learning disabled black tarkenton. I don't know how something with so much mass can be completely transparent but there you are

Look, butt phuk, If we took Lamar Jackson at #1  #1   or  #1  #4.................YES, I would be blasting black Tarkenton. HOWEVER, The Ravens have an established QB with some time left. THey have weapons for the kid and they have a good offensive program. The Browns do not have an established QB, weapons, or a strong offensive coach. TOTALLY different. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, SD_Tom said:

He had a lot of passing yards and made plenty of nfl type throws this past season. 

Seems like a good kid.  Hoping he proves haters wrong. 

He's a throw first qb in 2017. Goes thru progressions... His runs were mostly designed. He's underrated as a passer.  The improvement each season is a good sign. 

As I told the resident Transgender pee-pee kisser Cysco Clit, the Browns had no support for such a QB, the Ravens are a different thing altogether.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

Please go direct your trolling somewhere else Ghoolie. You can't have such a hole in your life that you need to post nonsense in literally every thread...

Hey, when you get done blowing yourself, fetch me some coffee.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ghoolie said:

Nah, I don't like run first QBs........................ HOWEVER................ taking a Hiesman winner at 32 who has real NFL QB size, is a fukck of a lot better draft move than taking a midget at #1 #1.

Barkley was the pick for the Browns. Hey will regret it for many years to come. This has to be the dumbest fukcking draft I have ever seen. Dumber than last year's IF that is possible. 

RG IV went to yawn? Keep telling us how Hue makes the picks troll-a-matic. Still waiting on Paxton Lynch to get cut. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Weird pick...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

I feel like this is gonna be bad for us in a year or so

Perhaps as a slot receiver....someday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good for us. 

They don't take an impact player and settle for taking somebody at the most important position in sports who will, at best, see the field in 2-3 years and will be mighty shaky as a passer even then. 

This is a pick we should celebrate the ratbirds for taking. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Ravens made worst picks then we did. The picked a middle aged TE who they valued more than Lamar Jackson. Then traded some picks away to move up to grab Lamar. He is a premier athlete playing QB, not a QB who is a premier athlete.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So we could've in hindsight had two of Bradley Chubb/Ward/Barkley and traded back one spot to nab Lamar Jackson at #32.  FML

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Good for us. 

They don't take an impact player and settle for taking somebody at the most important position in sports who will, at best, see the field in 2-3 years and will be mighty shaky as a passer even then. 

This is a pick we should celebrate the ratbirds for taking. 

I was thinking the same exact thing - when they announced the Ravens selected Jackson I did not have one iota of "Uh oh". Didn't bother me at all.

Then he was interviewed on the stage, and man, he seems like he's a great kid, but the guy can barely put together a complete sentence. I'm not sure all the words he used was English. I literally said out loud: "They took THIS guy and think he's a franchise QB?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JimboJones said:

So we could've in hindsight had two of Bradley Chubb/Ward/Barkley and traded back one spot to nab Lamar Jackson at #32.  FML

No you couldn’t have had both Chubb and Barkley. If you took either of those at one the Giants were taking the other

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I was thinking the same exact thing - when they announced the Ravens selected Jackson I did not have one iota of "Uh oh". Didn't bother me at all.

Then he was interviewed on the stage, and man, he seems like he's a great kid, but the guy can barely put together a complete sentence. I'm not sure all the words he used was English. I literally said out loud: "They took THIS guy and think he's a franchise QB?"

 

Great kid, don't get me wrong.  He seems very humble and hard working.  But if you can detail to me in a paragraph or less what makes him so much more capable of being an NFL QB than say.... Pryor was when leaving tOSU - I might be willing to listen.    Keep in mine, Terrelle worked in a pro-style offense, under center, with 3, 5 and 7 step drops.  

Actually, I'll challenge anyone here that likes Jackson to answer that question.  What traits and flashes have you seen of Lamar that would begin to make you believe he is somehow going to be an elite or even above average QB one day?   Of course I ask this to be contrasted with Terrelle Pryor circa 2011.   (Won't happen)

Aaaaaaand GO! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

No you couldn’t have had both Chubb and Barkley. If you took either of those at one the Giants were taking the other

Ok.. Chubb and Ward with Jackson.  I wouldn't take Barkley over either of those two anyway.

Chubb, Ward, Jackson could've been our hindsight picks yesterday.

Honestly, I'm disappointed the Browns didn't trade one spot back to pick Lamar Jackson even after picking Mayfield 1st overall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll bet the Browns would've taken Jackson at #33 if he was still there and I'll bet there was some sort of fumble by management when it came to trading up one spot to #32.  

Baker Mayfield

Lamar Jackson

Tyrod Taylor

200.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

dude doe's not strike me as a very bright guy (Christ it's like he speaks in some other kind of language) and as soon as he cannot identify a defense he will take off and run then die just like rg3 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/27/2018 at 5:11 PM, tiamat63 said:

Great kid, don't get me wrong.  He seems very humble and hard working.  But if you can detail to me in a paragraph or less what makes him so much more capable of being an NFL QB than say.... Pryor was when leaving tOSU - I might be willing to listen.    Keep in mine, Terrelle worked in a pro-style offense, under center, with 3, 5 and 7 step drops.  

Actually, I'll challenge anyone here that likes Jackson to answer that question.  What traits and flashes have you seen of Lamar that would begin to make you believe he is somehow going to be an elite or even above average QB one day?   Of course I ask this to be contrasted with Terrelle Pryor circa 2011.   (Won't happen)

Aaaaaaand GO! 

Have to start by saying I don't remember TP working from under Center all that much... so I may not put up much of a fight here... but here goes...

I think Jackson is a far better Pro QB Prospect than Pryor ever was.

For one thing he has a suddenness to his running that TP lacked. TP had long-striding, "deceptive speed", but little else. I think the same contrast applies to their passing... Jackson snappier; Pryor longer.

On the move my memory of TP was that once he was in motion, he was running. Jackson seems to have extended more plays that ended up still being passes.

In the pocket... TP may as well have stood for "two progressions" because that was about his total for his tOSU days. Jackson? More scanning for "open" than true D-reading progressions, but there were periods of time, especially in 2016, when he operated from the pocket and looked good doing it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, syd said:

dude doe's not strike me as a very bright guy (Christ it's like he speaks in some other kind of language) and as soon as he cannot identify a defense he will take off and run then die just like rg3 

Wonderlic scores for 2018 QBs

  • Josh Allen: 37
  • Josh Rosen: 29
  • Sam Darnold: 28
  • Baker Mayfield: 25
  • Lamar Jackson: 13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, JimboJones said:

Wonderlic scores for 2018 QBs

  • Josh Allen: 37
  • Josh Rosen: 29
  • Sam Darnold: 28
  • Baker Mayfield: 25
  • Lamar Jackson: 13

Damn that's so far behind it's funny

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×