THE BROWNS BOARD

2018 DRAFT - DAY TWO - some good talent available for the BROWNS. 

mjp28

6 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

Not a fan of Sutton’s catch style and Kirk wouldn’t see much action with Landry there? 

Think Brady with multiple fleas that bedevil defenses so much with all those underneath throws against isolated LBs. Mayfiled is the perfect guy to find those fleas if we get Kirk. He also brings KO/PR skills to the STs.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Think Brady with multiple fleas that bedevil defenses so much with all those underneath throws against isolated LBs. Mayfiled is the perfect guy to find those fleas if we get Kirk. He also brings KO/PR skills to the STs.

All fair points man. Looking forward to some skill players tonight. 

the position need of Ward pick outweighed the BPA in B.Chubb last night. So with Mayfield now on board, would Orlando Brown scare anyone at pick 64;)? God help us all..A) Take Connor Williams  now or O'Neill IF at #64..B) We may fill the hole left by Shelton with Hurst? C) Is Harold Landry a upgrade of Naz or Orch at DE?(have not watched HL)..Honestly I'd love to jump need & take either guy D) N.Chubb or Guice that can run angry between the tackles..Jarvis Landry a LSU alum may very well be telling jim brown "your up at pick #33, just read the name on my card"..Edit-Two gutt-zie picks that I liked Both..actually called it on Jim Miller/Pat Kirwins radio show last Monday. Who's Offensive OL that can keep these QB's standing up maybe the winner..Bills & Jets & Zona are all way behind if we get any kind of play at LT..Get'em again today Dorsey  

Names I’m looking at now for our picks in the second round:

Running back

Nick Chubb or Derrius Guice

Wide Receiver

Anthony Miller or Eq. St. Brown

Offensive Tackle

Ohukwuma Okorafor or Tyrell Crosby orJamarco Jones

I will pass on Key as well. I don't think he's that good of a player and his head jacked up. Landry is a beast, he was just hurt last year. Hurst is a baller, but I wonder if some teams are going to be nervous about his heart even though he has been cleared. I would be ok with it in the second round and on his first contract as opposed to his big money deal. I think they can wait for the RB until 64 or later depending on what tackles are on the board at that spot. It wouldn't surprise me if they traded down from one or two of their top 2nd round picks to try and grab a 3rd rounder. I would pass on Nick Chubb. It's not that he wasn't a productive player, but his knee injury from a few years ago was nasty. I don't think it is going to hold up over time in the nfl. I also don't think the browns need to draft a WR in the second round. I like Coleman as the third option and I feel they can find value a little later, perhaps ESB. 

33 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

gumby-here's to hoping they have Jim Brown doing the announcement BECAUSE the plan has been all along a RB starting on Day 2, Pick #33.

Cheers! to hoping.. imo. it totally depends on how "they" value Duke..Duke got his a$$ kicked running between tackles.Than the plan was to kick him to slot position :huh:..Matt Dayes cost them less than Duke after this season..Dorsey has his missle to fire at position right now..if he holds his cards to #64? Am not seeing a K.Hunt will be left..We need a physical banger.. I also like the  Auburn kid K.Johnson if his knee checks out. Northwestern has a kid(name?) leaving Bo Scarboro or ASU kid Ballage. No 3rd rounders at this point..tick tock..Edit-your rant watching your post on Bill getting his next Dion Lewis was priceless:lol:

List of my top targets for the three picks in the 2nd:

DE Rasheem Greene

DE Harold Landry

DE Sam Hubbard

DE Josh Sweat

DE Lorenzo Carter

DT Maurice Hurst

CB Josh Jackson

CB Isaiah Oliver

CB Carlton Davis

S Justin Reid

S Ronnie Harrison

S Jesse Bates

RB Nick Chubb

RB Darrius Guice

RB Ronald Jones

RB Kerryon Johnson

WR Christian Kirk

WR Anthony Miller

WR DJ Chark

WR Courtland Sutton

As much as we need a LT, hoping they don't pick Crosby, C.Williams or Orlando Brown over any of these guys.

From Gil Brant, NFL Senior Analyst:

CONNOR WILLIAMS, OL, Texas (No. 22 on my Hot 150)

I invited Williams to the draft, so obviously I'm surprised he went undrafted in Round 1. Good things happen to those who wait. Williams missed seven games in 2017 due to a knee injury suffered against USC, but he had an excellent 2016. He came back for the final two games last season and played well. He's very athletic but might make for a better guard than tackle.

Ideal fit: Browns. Any offensive lineman worth his salt views Joe Thomas as the model tackle, and while Williams might be better suited for guard, he could step in right away and give Chris Hubbard a run for the starting job vacated by Thomas when he retired.

3 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

CONNOR WILLIAMS, OL, Texas (No. 22 on my Hot 150

Ideal fit: Browns. Any offensive lineman worth his salt views Joe Thomas as the model tackle, and while Williams might be better suited for guard, he could step in right away and give Chris Hubbard a run for the starting job vacated by Thomas when he retired.

thanks 28,but tell Gil when Chris Hubbard got paid he stated he got paid as a RT..thats where he will play. Not Left..drafting OL coming off injury is truly a risky business..

31 minutes ago, domcucch1994 said:

We still need a big bodied WR 

I say we go Derrius Guice and Courtland Sutton in the second.

You hate to have all of your chips on Flash Gordon as your main 16 game man.....even with Landry as more receiving help.

Back to too many need holes even for the BROWNS and all their good picks. OL, RB, DB, another DE?

1 minute ago, mjp28 said:

You hate to have all of your chips on Flash Gordon as your main 16 game man.....even with Landry as more receiving help.

Back to too many need holes even for the BROWNS and all their good picks. OL, RB, DB, another DE?

They can add a T with their 3rd 2nd rounder. 

I think we go RB, WR, OL.

3rd round and on is when we will add LBers, DBs, and Dline

Being reported that Nick Chubb is the choice at 33 ......... various twitter accounts and NFL Network reporting it ...... we shall see

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

I invited Williams to the draft, so obviously I'm surprised he went undrafted in Round 1. Good things happen to those who wait. Williams missed seven games in 2017 due to a knee injury suffered against USC, but he had an excellent 2016. He came back for the final two games last season and played well. He's very athletic but might make for a better guard than tackle.

Seems like everyone is saying Connor Williams should make the move to Guard.  Would be disappointed if they went with any of the available LT's in the 2nd round with all the other talent available. 

28 minutes ago, darren15 said:

Being reported that Nick Chubb is the choice at 33 ......... various twitter accounts and NFL Network reporting it ...... we shall see

Either one would be fine with me (Guice being the other).

4 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Names I’m looking at now for our picks in the second round:

Running back

Nick Chubb or Derrius Guice

Wide Receiver

Anthony Miller or Eq. St. Brown

Offensive Tackle

Ohukwuma Okorafor or Tyrell Crosby orJamarco Jones

Oh O.?

7 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

The Browns need weapons. They have none.

We just drafted a qb, you miss that?  Jarvis Landry is a pro-bowl level wr. That Gordon feller is an OK wr too.   Draft isn't over yet.  :)  

11 minutes ago, hoorta said:

We just drafted a qb, you miss that?  Jarvis Landry is a pro-bowl level wr. That Gordon feller is an OK wr too.   Draft isn't over yet.  :)  

we still need more offensive weapons for Taylor/Mayfield to thrive 

Please not Nick Chubb. That knee scares me. I would take Guice or Ronald Jones or even Freeman over him. Also, why take a RB at #33? There is no way the Giants are taking one. This is where i would add williams or landry or hurst. Finish off the defense, get a tackle and then take the RB with the last second round pick. 

4 hours ago, mjp28 said:

He's very athletic but might make for a better guard than tackle.

Gil's talking out of both sides of his mouth...

Archived