Jump to content
LondonBrown

Ryan Shazier

Recommended Posts

Man that was sad to watch. Steeler or not I wish him all the best. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shmuck Ryan Shazier...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh yes.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

Shmuck nickers

Back at you Weenie Puffer!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 All that aside the guy the Steelers took,  Edmunds on a couple of  prospect sheets that I am following,  the highest he was rated was the  number 99. And all the other ones had him  in like the 200s. Hopefully he lives up to his predraft rankings of mediocrity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, nickers said:

Back at you Weenie Puffer!

I hate the stoolers as much as the next guy but some things are bigger than football "weenie puffer"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He done...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, darren15 said:

Shame he had to announce the rounds biggest reach :)

 

Ranked 282 here

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospect-rankings/free-safeties/

I did not understand that pick, and had to look up who Edmunds was. It’s not like he would not have been there later for them. When the good ILBs were all off the board I actually expected Pgh to trade out of the 1st.round. I think in later rounds they have an extra year of control or something. Pgh not good at evaluating and drafting DBs. Can’t say they have come up with an outstanding one in years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Buck The Frowns said:

I did not understand that pick, and had to look up who Edmunds was. It’s not like he would not have been there later for them. When the good ILBs were all off the board I actually expected Pgh to trade out of the 1st.round. I think in later rounds they have an extra year of control or something. Pgh not good at evaluating and drafting DBs. Can’t say they have come up with an outstanding one in years.

Not since Pollywantsacracker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DraftScout had this Edmunds ranked 88th in the class, a Round 3 grade, and the 3rd ranked SS.

He's in the Steelers' physical mode and tested great at the Combine... much better than the #2 SS, which remained BAMA's Harrison.

Sure looks like a reach, but Steelers obviously liked him a lot and felt he would not be there at their next pick at 2.28.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know what the NFL were trying to achieve with that but what I saw was a young man crippled by a game. Individual determination to pull through but a crushing indictment of NFL football, really sad.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, not a ringing endorsement for the NFL. Hey guys, you are about to join these guys...one of whom is crippled for life because of this game..but you might make a bunch of money, if you can make it to your second contract, which only 30% of you will....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We all know Shazier's head down tackling is what ended his playing career.

Hard to think of a better spokesman for the NFL's "Heads Up" program.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

We all know Shazier's head down tackling is what ended his playing career.

Hard to think of a better spokesman for the NFL's "Heads Up" program.

Agreed. I Pray, for his own sake, that he doesn't attempt to play again even though he hopes to.

Mike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Canton Mike said:

Agreed. I Pray, for his own sake, that he doesn't attempt to play again even though he hopes to.

Phuck that. He's walking because of that motivation to play again. Dude has come so far so quickly. It's gawdammed incredible when you think about it.

I hope he does play again. It would be the greatest comeback in the history of sports.

For the first time in my life, I'm rooting for a Steeler.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

We all know Shazier's head down tackling is what ended his playing career.

Hard to think of a better spokesman for the NFL's "Heads Up" program.

Pains me to admit it but this is spot on.

Some of the missile tackles he had while at tOSU (one against Cal I remember vividly because I was there) were a big foreshadowing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

DraftScout had this Edmunds ranked 88th in the class, a Round 3 grade, and the 3rd ranked SS.

He's in the Steelers' physical mode and tested great at the Combine... much better than the #2 SS, which remained BAMA's Harrison.

Sure looks like a reach, but Steelers obviously liked him a lot and felt he would not be there at their next pick at 2.28.

 

And guess who Else didn't go until the 3rd...Reid.  Reid and Harrison...the top safties ranked above Edmonds.

Edmonds has speed with good size at 6'2, 210 and a hard hitter.

Makes you wonder about the "experts". I like the pick a lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×