Pretty shocked myself but Buckeyes will know more than me 

I'll wait for Tia.......

2 minutes ago, VikingDawg said:

Yep, a f'n joke. 

dude aint a joke he can play,,,,,,But no way in hell do you draft him over Chubb

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

Best CB in draft... can't generate shutdown CB by committee...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5

We needed a #1 corner. Didn't get any in FA, so it had to come through the Draft. I'm happy with this one, drafting Chubb would have left me concerned with our secondary.... 

• Upvote 1

Dorsey picking players at the key positions.  Doing a great job.

The Browns already have a stud pass rushing DE.  Didn't have a shut down corner - now they do.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Best CB in draft... can't generate shutdown CB by committee...

Good enough for me. Defintiely more of a “need” than Chubb

I think getting pressure on the QB is more important than a corner. That said I think Ward can be a great player and I hope he is, but I would have just taken the better player there which is Chubb.

D Line just wasn't a big enough need and we needed a corner and we got the best one in the. I think we would have like to trade down and still get them but we didn't have any trade Partners in that 8 to 10 range

• Upvote 1

Why is Herbie on the panel?  He is a college guy and even admitted it.  I heard him say that he would never be calling an NFL game (about 10 years ago), now he is.  Too funny.  And the funny thing is he's giving reasons why Mayfield will be good for the Browns.  He knows College, not the NFL.

Getting pressure on the QB makes the DBs jobs easier. In the top of the draft, excluding QBs, you take the best player, which is Chubb not Ward.

No one is ever happy. We filled a major need. Chubb would have been nice, but it would have been a rotation. 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, runyon27 said:

Getting pressure on the QB makes the DBs jobs easier. In the top of the draft, excluding QBs, you take the best player, which is Chubb not Ward.

vice versa 

3 minutes ago, runyon27 said:

Yep. He's a Suckeye though so all the nut homers are nutting themselves they got an OSU Retard. 

1 minute ago, VikingDawg said:

Yep. He's a Suckeye though so all the nut homers are nutting themselves they got an OSU Retard. 

He'll be a better player in the defensive backfield than the guy we picked from Michigan last year

Besides quarterback this was our biggest need indoors he filled it so hopefully it works out

• Upvote 1

I always thought the Browns were a DB away.

Tour may want to update his signature to read "DB is one of the hardest positions for a rookie to learn, he'll get better"

Same dung we heard about Gilbert

13 minutes ago, VikingDawg said:

Yeah because the last 4 OSU defensive backs drafted high have sucked right? Stifle yourself 

I'm a Bucks homer but didn't see this one coming. Apparently had no good trade down offers as I feel we could have gotten Ward quite a few spots later.  I prefer bigger more physical DB's but hey I hope he is a shutdown guy. 

5 minutes ago, BaconHound said:

I always thought the Browns were a DB away.

Tour may want to update his signature to read "DB is one of the hardest positions for a rookie to learn, he'll get better"

Same dung we heard about Gilbert

You won't hear that about Ward he will make a similar impact as what Lattimore did

Ward will be a Pro Bowler but of course haslem will trade him before he has to get paid

18 minutes ago, VikingDawg said:

The value you brought to the thread is similar to what I just flushed. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1